+2
davo
AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
davo

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2023 11:24 pm

apparently many elderly become quite violent in their old age!!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2023 11:33 pm

The Beast wrote:
davo wrote:
Morty wrote:
Davo's still a member there. I've noticed that if you delete your membership it isn;t instant, it has to be approved by the owner and he seems to take his time.
So as of today ...Davo ... you're still a member of the asylum.
bloody hell you lot THIS is the forum we should be developing now while we have the chance and control fgs - I have no interest in the others - all idjits NO I can't run this but will assist with able bodied others?? this is clean now and virginal and ripe for picking it is all ours we can set ourselves up as the management - so who will apply for ownership - purwell what about you ??
Davo, it appears to me that WE ARE in charge of this forum, not in the sense we can edit or delete other members posts, or ban them.....But as there are just four of us as active participants and its been so since the sad loss of MM and as no other new or even former members are interracting, it appears that there will be no others rushing to join in the near future.
So, why dont we continue to drop in here now and then and continue to post on the other forum......And perhaps, over time, you can wheedle out the ones you dont want to have contact with and perhaps form other ethereal friendships as you have done here, who knows?
yes in one way you are correct ; however there is also other ways it could go wrong without a tiller at the tiller - if it stuffs up somehow then it is finished unless someone informs the big boys in head office and someone is willing to be at the tiller. certainly the machinerey in the background seems to be very robust so far so back to the marie celeste phenomena?  BUT THIS IS NOT HOW A PROPER HEALTHY FORUM FUNCTIONS IS IT?
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 3:15 pm

Right .... I can see where Beastie and Purwell are frequenting ... but where've you gone Davo?
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 3:39 pm

Davo wants this place to rise from the ashes as it's a prepared forum. Sadly it doesn't seem to be happening. Though I do hope he still pops in on here and at some point joins back in on the pensioners forum.
I know it has its toxic threads and quite a few knob heads......I see that you Morty have made your reservations about continuing to join in. I shall just potter about on the fringes for a while and see how the place settles with me without plunging in head first. I hope you and Dave will continue so as we can at least be in touch.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 4:05 pm

Oh I shall always pop in here and keep an eye on it and on my friends  murgs dance
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 8:04 pm

Morty wrote:
Oh I shall always pop in here and keep an eye on it and on my friends  murgs dance

wo ho hello playmates as arthur askey used to say - just finished a great binge watch of Dads Army - i think this is only the third time but what a joy - it gets better with ageing for both of us! - reminds me of ma and pa and the grandparents etc - walk back in history with a good guffawk - what excellent actors they all were. right at the end I noticed that spiv guy had disappeared and couldn't remember when he did his swan song from the series anyone know? 

I put a lot of effort into pensioners thingo but it was even worst than f3a - not a drop of joy anywhere - started off as an excellent smaller style site - but finished up like a morgue - enjoyiing a bit of a renaissance back at OFF
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 10:36 pm

Hi there my favourite Aussie ...

I remember the spiv in Dad's Army ( great British comedy)... I liked him, the rogue. I think he just disappeared because he suddenly fell ill and passed away during filming .... though I can't remember of what as he was quite young wasn't he.

Ah, you've gone back there have you. Under the radar I take it as I could swear you said you'd been banned.
I'm suspended until February and then I'll probably wander along as I'm done with PF. It's like the last redoubt of the British Empire on there.

Last edited by Morty on Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 10:42 pm

I just thought I'd mention it whilst I'm here ....

Do you know that we three are leading the table of the Top 20 Posters here today?
I knew that would make your smile   drum
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 11:01 pm

wot a dog : a pig and a beast?? - just been archiving dads army - there is a great site with bags of info - like a fans site - but free - the spiv guy was in fact an alcoholic as well as an actor and died young - thus no appearances as I spotted in the end series. In fact there were also another half dozen heavy imbibers too and the only living actor now is 'frank' the young lad - you just wouldn't recognize him of course - rotund and white beard!! something happened at this third viewing for me - the magic of old england despite all its profundities - and obsessiveness and obsessions!! - also reminded me of ma and pa and all the uncles and aunts - miss them all of course!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 9:40 am

What's the OFF forum then?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 3:13 pm

https://forum.over50schat.com/

I think you might like this one beast - you can participate or not ; and I am rather amazed that Morty got banned as I remember some very fiesty sessions with her years ago - do come back morty - its become more serene with just a few outbursts occasionally usually from muddy!! - it feels quite sedate these days so do do come back - get back get back get back to where you once belonged as the beatles once sang?? just had a terrible shock today - won't go into the gory details but it entailed getting shut out of the internent and no apparent way of getting back - I w as ringing my hands in despair but finally a ray of heaven descended and showed me the way and I got back in - which involved me paying some money for another months usage - that was a heavy evening for a while and nw I am all chirpy!!
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 4:42 pm

I'm banned until next year ...I forget when  .

I'll jog of and get the exact date.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 4:44 pm

Ah .... can't go back there until the 1st February. 
I shall have to be ptient and you can keep a seat warm for me.

yes My... that must have been a nightmare ... no internet ...
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 8:43 pm

I was banned indefinitely, don't miss it and will not go back.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 10:34 pm

Morty wrote:
Ah .... can't go back there until the 1st February. 
I shall have to be ptient and you can keep a seat warm for me.

yes My... that must have been a nightmare ... no internet ...
it was a big fright and I really felt at my lowest ebb - - but I am a persistant little bugger so kept trying different tactics - I had to get back onto a local server which usually allows emergency contacts for their own good of course - and finally found the key quite accidentally so able to get on server and supply more money to my account. Wow that was a close one and the same day had been reading about the demise of all of the dads army except one - thought I was right behind them for a moment! - listen guys I was quite a bad offender in my day on OFF and the old ladies evicted me several times for a while then azz took over and did as well but times are lean and they do need more players - use a different avatar and name and even email if you have several - I swore I would never go back but it has a new air about it??? - can't say no more - but lets hear the beast out - beast give it a look see and report back?
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 10:47 pm

I can understand Purwell not wanting to go back or not mising it .... Azz can be a funny old b*gger. I have reservations myself becasue once Azz decides he doesn't like you and your face doesn't fit your days really are numbered.

Still .. I'm probably biased so it will be interesting to see what Beastie thinks if he decides to join.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 52 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 52 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 66  Next