AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 46 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 5:33 am

morning all
winter is on the way  cold cold
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 8:50 am

morning all
looks like what few of us that posted have given up
 i will look in now and then to see if anyone posts 
take care all

-----------------------------------------
don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 10:43 am

well not quite given up some are still searching for clues but it does seem to be difficult and there does seem to be a feeling of foreboding creeping around ; sadness too that it should end this way - there is no reason why of course the site couldn't continue sailing like the Marie Celeste but someone would need to take the wheel but more than that this site would also need new members and we have tried over time to address that but not with much success. It was once a chirpy place was it not?
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 2:15 pm

Sadly, not just here, other forums are having similar problems.
I wonder if Covid has made us more unsociable?
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 6:24 pm

I suspect forums like this are not as popular now .... the younger lot like twitter and FB ...even so you'd think there'd still be a few of our enhanced and fabulous years to warrant a few thriving little niche forums.

I've got no reply from his granddaughter on FB ... she hasn't been there since March but you'd think she'd have got a notification of a new message. Personally I would bet either way on this one .. I could well believe Malcolm just jumped ship. I just don't like to think he'd leave us wondering/worrying. 

Until anything major happens or goes wrong with this place, being a freebie, it will continue to float on in webbyland.
I did have a look on their support forum and if an admin/owner has been absent for 6 months and 1 day a member can apply to take over the place. 

We could do that.
Or we could disperse and go to our other haunts and pass on recommendations to each other.

It was a great place once.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 6:25 pm

Oops .. .I forgot to say what I was upto today ... I wrote a scathing letter to Barclays customer service and feel much better now.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 7:00 pm

Update:

No reply from facebook.
Have now sent an email to the business address. Fingers crossed.

That still leaves snail mail to try.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 10:37 pm

Morty wrote:
Update:

No reply from facebook.
Have now sent an email to the business address. Fingers crossed.

That still leaves snail mail to try.
well done Morty ya a brick!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 10:20 am

in many respects this is the perfect mini forum site and with a little effort could be made active and lively again but ah by whom and with whom etc etc
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 3:37 pm

Stirling work from Morty, well done. Perhaps it is now time to let whatever course this takes the subject to be left to its own conclusion.

Malcolm obviously has a personal reason for not posting and not explaining why so lets respect that.

Davo does great work keeping the forum continuing, so lets just do that and continue as long as we are all able to....I shall endeavour to pop in more often and hope others do. Perhaps it may encourage more to do the same.

Still glorious and sunny everyday and as much as the water is cooling, Im still swimming.

Mrs Beastie will be returning home from her UK visit this Friday, so life will return to a little more normal.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 3:52 pm

The Beast wrote:
Stirling work from Morty, well done. Perhaps it is now time to let whatever course this takes the subject to be left to its own conclusion.

Malcolm obviously has a personal reason for not posting and not explaining why so lets respect that.

Davo does great work keeping the forum continuing, so lets just do that and continue as long as we are all able to....I shall endeavour to pop in more often and hope others do. Perhaps it may encourage more to do the same.

Still glorious and sunny everyday and as much as the water is cooling, Im still swimming.

Mrs Beastie will be returning home from her UK visit this Friday, so life will return to a little more normal.
HAHAH !!does she make you more normal all the time! if so you will become like the rest off us soon!!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 6:52 am

MORTY

Thank you for your valiant efforts in tracing Malcolm's family and obtaining the sad news.

I fear that this forum will not beable to survive - unless soehow we find a new leader and attract more members.

The only only 50's forum I know of with a small and active membership is https://toff.freesmfhosting.com/.   It could do with a few more active members to enliven it and  promote some debate on general issues. At present it has become more a chat room for a group of ladies to keep each other updated daily on their routine activities and health issues. There's nowt wrong with that - but I'm not much good at knit and natter. Andsome has recently revived his activities there and I will probably do the same

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 8:24 am

morning all
i hope we can survive all this 
really sad news about Malcolm 
but very well done to Morty

don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 12:23 pm

Looking like rain here very soon.

As regards the sad news about Macolm passing away, does anyone have the time and the inclination to take the reins? Afraid with my own health issues I don't think I could manage it.

As regards another Wrinklies Forum, I will have a look at the one that AlanHo has mentioned and I post regularly on aardisden - Index page
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 1:55 pm

the biggest task is not daily management that's quite routine the biggest task is attracting newcomers or the site remains like a morsaleum smaller than an OAP home and all talkin about the garden and tv etc. at the other end of the scale I hate what OFF has turned into a juggernaught goin around in circles - lets face it the forums are all for at least over 50's and we all will ask ourselves do we wanna belong to an OAP OFF club talkin about the good old days ? we could be experiencing the death knells of forums as we knew them? and that is not saying I didn't enjoy them at the time but I think i started on OFF at least 10 yrs ago?  having said all of that I am on a little quirky one that has an unusual style and clientel and that is f3A - again not everyones cup of tea and has seen dozens come and go and there is a lot of game playing on it but for now it can amuse me!

ps but for all I've said this site had got the best layout love the color and just quite smart and flashy - don't like gray colored sites or off blue!! gotta have some color in my life.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 5:20 pm

Well ..the way I see it is this.. there's no hurry to decide what to do.

This forum isn't going anywhere. It's a freebie so it will sit here in webbyland until one day a glitch strikes and gives us a problem.
We can stay here if we like. Does size matter too much or is it a case of loyalty to Malcolm and hanging around in the hope he would come back? If it comes to it I'll take it over if the choice is to stay here. I had a look on the support forum and it seems fairly straightforward to do so.

There's https://toff.freesmfhosting.com/ ..... 

There's http://www.aardisden.co.uk/index.php?sid=72a392283e2c52012fcab28f0bf207c7

Then there's OFF, as Davo said ... but I wouldn't recommend that to anyone now. It's changed beyond belief and certain subjects are taboo. A case of overkill with rules and automated bots and silly badges. I'm still on there, intermittently.

There is another forum. 
It's recently, over the last week or so had an influx of new members.
From OFF. Disgruntled and on the prowl for a new home.
Davo and Purwell would know a few names from on there.

Is it any good? I joined and found it to have a friendly laidback and relaxed atmosphere, not too different to here. One snag .. the owner is a hermit and I get the impression he's not too interested if things don't work, though I could be being unfair there. 
There is no PM facility (he's switched it off in the past) and there is no memberlist. 
It's a strange little place.... but welcoming.
I'm still test running it as I'm looking for new home.

Take a peek if you're interested ... https://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php

And finally ... I took the liberty of replying to the e-mail and extending condolences on behalf of everyone here ... as I guessed it might be what you would like me to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 27 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 46 ... 66  Next