AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 5:35 pm

Morty girl! Are you on there as well?
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 5:24 pm

The Beast wrote:

Yes ... yes  I am what is known as an infrequent poster. I've never managed to feel fully comfortable there and settle in. Perhaps it's just geting harder as I get older ... or I remember the forums I like best and each successive forum never quite measures up.

They can bicker a bit.. sometimes it seems  incessant.
They operate a policy of light moderation, virtually non-existent... until it gets out of hand.
I suspect the problem is that if a forum was formed by a splinter group, who were rebels, it can be hard for them to suddenly have to set an example. This can be apparent sometimes, especially with Bandana, who I think Purwell is referring to. He was always outspoken and direct and forceful in his opinions. A champion for forum member underdogs. As he is now owner/admin I suspect he struggles with where to draw the line.

When I was a mod here I had the same problem. I had to behave better  shy ... set an example ....  shy .. which I couldn't be bothered to do so just became the laziest Mod on the internet and left you all to it.

But, and it's a big But .. they're not malicious and are a decent bunch by forum standards so do give the place a go. 

I've recently just dumped another forum which I really couldn't get comfy with so shall stick to f3a and ... spend more time here as it's not going to go anywhere until something conks in the engine room and I do feel quite at home and comfy with your guys.

Where's AlanHo gone? And, sadly, I'm assuming Jenkay has gone elsewhere.

Last edited by Morty on Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 5:27 pm

And I forgot to add .... whoopee ...  yes ... the snow and ice has nearly all melted. I've been watching squirrels scampering about the garden.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 9:04 am

Morty wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Where's AlanHo gone? And, sadly, I'm assuming Jenkay has gone elsewhere.

I haven't gone anywhere - I'm just sat at home lurking on the 4 or 5 forums I have joined over the recent past but not very active on any other than a Hyundai motoring forum I moderate which is flourishing and a KIA motoring forum for news about my car model.

Andsome and I tried to enliven https://toff.freesmfhosting.com/ - as did Davo during his brief stay - but it is a coven for a close knit group who came from a military forum and who use it as a chat room to swap daily ailments, shopping trips, weather and report on their pets toilet trips. Most would benefit from a humour injection. Several regulars live within a 10 mile radius and visit each other.  I seem to be an outsider there. Purwell recently joined but seems to have given up. 

I gave f3a Social a try but the forum layout is not user friendly and I find it irritating - hence I doubt my future there.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 10:16 am

Hi playmates!! - I did tell you didn't I that I did a bit of research into the group behind this group and found them to be quite large and supportive of each new forum in their name? So I got the impression they would be supportive of forum ownership change with evidence of malcolms decease. It doesn't look like a awesomely difficult style to run and they seem to be there with good supports. No not voluntarying atm. I think as griffon stated you think people will come and join you willingly but they often have a look and then reject! Malcolm originally struck success but stuffed up so easy done if you are a narcissist?

I still see the guy who use to be mart wasn't he yes around on other sites and then forget where the sites are - I wonder if its like this in heaven or hell just wandering around getting lost all the time? so there you are we can all go off quite merrily and design our own little site and have fun the hard graft is getting members and good ones at that - f3a is good but they still have member problems 

ps: morty what role does centaur play on f3a? 

who am \i on here can't remember now dave will do!
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 4:17 pm

AlanHo wrote:
Andsome and I tried to enliven https://toff.freesmfhosting.com/ - as did Davo during his brief stay - but it is a coven for a close knit group who came from a military forum and who use it as a chat room to swap daily ailments, shopping trips, weather and report on their pets toilet trips. Most would benefit from a humour injection. Several regulars live within a 10 mile radius and visit each other.  I seem to be an outsider there. Purwell recently joined but seems to have given up. 

I gave f3a Social a try but the forum layout is not user friendly and I find it irritating - hence I doubt my future there.

Ah, I see. 
Well...  I'm taking a break from this place so it will sound odd that I think you might, maybe, possibly like this place.
https://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php

No modding as such, there is an owner lurking somewhere in the background who doesn't get too involved.
There is a good balance of chaps and women so it doesn't swing too far toward one subject. 
Discussion is varied. They DO have a sense of humour and one or two are a little batty but in a nice, not nasty, way who will either irritate you or brighten your day and can be quite entertaining. 
They've recently had a newish influx but the regulars are very welcoming. It's laidback.
Drawbacks: No PM system.The owner doesn't like them. It's a little fiddly to upload images.

You can peep. nothing is set to private.

Otherwise,  hug there is always here.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 4:27 pm

davo wrote:
Hi playmates!! - I did tell you didn't I that I did a bit of research into the group behind this group 

ps: morty what role does centaur play on f3a? 
yes Yes Davo .. I think you might have mentioned it before. 10/10 for persistent you incorrigible rogue.

On f3a Centaur is an owner/Admin but I suspect the bit that might be confusing you is that ... Centaur and Bandana are the same person. Centaur is his official hat .. and Bandana is his hat when posting as a member.
Seems a load of bother to me, I'd just use the one member name.
To be honest I think sometimes, as an outspoken member, he sometimes finds it hard to be BOTH and get ctitricised for not setting an example.

I've been thinking I'll hang around here as long as anyone else is inclined to do so ... even though there might only be a handful of us. 
If anything goes bums up with the forum, one of us, and if push comes to shove, it'll be me ...can apply to take over ownership of the forum and then if we want that person can use their Admin powers to promote us all to Mods. 
As you say ..it is a nice layout and as all the other paying forums are upgrading some of us old codgers are finding we prefer the older versions of forum layout where stuff seems simpler to do and is more agreeable on the eye.
We'd qualify as the smallest forum on the web though  giggle
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 4:30 pm

The Beast wrote:

hello  I've just remembered something! Beastie how did you get on with Barclays bank and their incessant inefficiency and meddling? Did you get it sorted?

I did mine but boy it was hard work.
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 8:31 pm

hi all
iam  still about    x

-----------------------------------------
don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 10:18 pm

Wonderful ..  hello .. I was wondering where you were.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 5:09 pm

Hi Morty girl.

The debacle with Barclays online hasn't been resolved and never will be.

It a tad complicated and involves an online account in my late mothers name and I was a signatory ( Digital ). Needless to say, if I take it any further I will lose access, so I will stumble along.
It was mainly gripes about their telephone assitance line. Each contact received a different outcome and my written quieries and requests were never acknowledged or replied to.
The account has been with them for nearly sixty years through all the modernization that occurs with the passing of time so I am reluctant to start again with another bank.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 5:14 pm

I too will hang around here for the foreseeable future and hope that it continues.

Still bloody cold at nights but nice warm sunshine everyday.

On the last stretch of cutting up the dropped trees and splitting into manageable logs. Never done so much physical hard work for many a year.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 9:02 pm

I was looking into the machinations of this group of forums for taking over a site and it is not too difficult just needs proof that malcolm is dead and they will then allow mechanisms to take place to do so. if you are interested at all have a look at the mob   forum motions who run all these?
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 5:21 pm

Still having daily temps of around only 7/8 degrees, which is bloody cold for here.

Log fires are roaring everyday.

I still cant find the inclination to interact on the f3 forum.....I'm sure I will involve myself at some point.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 12:21 am

well all new sites are the same and it is a sorta quirky site wouldn't you agree morty - but for some reason I just love teazing them!! don't take them too seriously we're all out to pasture! OFF i find is just a mess now - an experiment gone 'orrible wrong and to the disadvantage of its original loyal members. I've been to a few teenybopper ones or mid twenties but they just want you to play weird make believe games all the time - i like one foot in reality. I do like the new look style of f3a and morty needs to get more involved!! feel like I've got my back to the wall sometimes and they keep accusing me of not being english fgs!!
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 12:46 pm

What's that Skippy, who's fell in the billabong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 38 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 66  Next