AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2022 10:50 am

Bright sunny day so far, sharp frost last night.
Present temperature 1°C.

I'm in the process of getting reorganised after a kitchen and bathroom refurbishment.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2022 11:09 am

Bloody hell Purwell, thats chilly!

In contrast, today we wake up and the sun is crashing down, 15 degrees and Im in shorts about to ride down to town ( Blanes ) and take a walk along the seafront. Ill be putting on trousers before hand. Mrs Beastie wants a day off from dismembering the huge piles of cut down trees and all the foliage.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 12:14 pm

Weather very similar to yesterday, if anything colder.

Will pay a visit to the local pub later to catch up on the gossip.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 12:46 pm

Purwell wrote:
Weather very similar to yesterday, if anything colder.

Will pay a visit to the local pub later to catch up on the gossip.
now that sounds a better plan than postin in forums for the aged!!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2022 4:10 pm

Getting chillier everyday and the log fire is lit mid afternoon. Got plenty of wood for it.

I watched the ousting of the Englad football team from the world cup tournamount and contrary to all the hype surrounding the team, I never thought they were anywhere good enough to be world cup winners.

Delighted to see that PNE are amongst the leading teams in the championship after a commanding victory over close neighbours and rivals Blackburn Rovers.....And what a classic encounter it was.......
It also stirred deep memories of boxing day 1974, the corresponding fixture of 48 years ago. I went to Ewood park that day with my two cousins and Uncle and for some ungodly reason ended up in the Rovers end. It was a freezing day. 
I had a pkt of 50 B&H and a Ronson lighter lifted from my coat pocket, a Christmas present from my parents when it was not frowned upon to gift such things.When I confronted the closest Rovers thug who has obviosly stolen them, he preceded to offer them around all his mates and produced the lighter and lit them all up.......Needless to say, I didnt take it any further......Halcyon days.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 11:34 am

Benson & Hedges were posh in those days, I was smoking Players No.6!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 2:25 pm

rollin my own mostly especially on night duty - bit of a ritual - the most popular brand - can't remember the name now but always enjoyed the roll up sometimes with a filter better than the manufactured ones. Oh happy days when england was well ; a good NHS that I worked for with 25 nationalities in one hospital and all getting on well. lovely Hants countrysides and married one of its girls. can't believe the state its in now - how sad ,,,,,do hope it can recover?

golden virginia - there looked it up - always claimed to be healthier than manufactured ones?/
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 12:40 am

Old Holborn was another very popular rolling tobacco.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 4:36 pm

Getting a bit fed up as I can't get out, I'm worried about falling on the icy pavements.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 11:00 am

Dont risk it Purwell, the conditions will improve soon enough. Stay in and stay warm!

Around 14/15 degrees here everyday so not too bad, spent all day yesterday chopping wood so feeling it a little today.

Uff  to town ( Blanes ) to mooch around a Christmas fair and take a listen to a choir, not usually my cup of tea but what the heck?
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 12:36 pm

The Beast, have you made it to Aardisden?
I've seen your name mentioned.

Temps are rising slightly but still way below freezing at night. Presently about 3°C and cloudy in North Herts.

Might get a taxi to the local pub to catch up on the gossip.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 10:50 pm

did I mention one of my contacts mentioned a new forum starting up - will keep you posted could just be hype or confused thinkin heard all this before but never know fingers crossed? 7am and 25C just finished walkin the dog after feedin him and the cat. Sunday today so should be a quiet day - but aren't they all?

came across an old posting of mine the other day it was me talkin to a shop keeper where Malcolm used to live it would seem Malcm didn't ever use him to get a newspaper? and he'd been there for many years. Sometimes it just ain't that easy to find anyone if they don't want findin...........still sad memories
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 11:49 am

It's light rain here at the moment and temp is just above freezing so hopefully will clear the snow.

Quote :
Might get a taxi to the local pub to catch up on the gossip.
Did not get there yesterday, will try again today.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 1:55 pm

I trust that you are all geared up for the soon to be upon us, festive season? Make sure you all keep warm and saafe....Well, Davo is warm already with his summer season in full swing.

Saying that, I am in shorts today with the temperature around 18 degrees but with a chill in the wind.

Normally, our decorations go up on the 23rd but Mrs Beastie was obviously feeling a little festive the other day and they have been up since the 17th, a record for us.

Yes Purwell, I managed to register with the other forum and will contribute there as well as here, perhaps the others can also join and then we wont lose what little connection we have from here?

We continue to have a log fire everynight as it gets cold when the sun goes down and we are still attempting to cut up the downed fir trees, it'll keep us busy for months.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 6:41 am

Morning, I'm glad you made it to the Den Beastie.

I'm off to hospital again today for more chemo, not keen on getting up this early.
Can take over 2 hours to get there.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2022 4:56 pm

Hope that you are coping with allthe hospital visits Purwell?

Over 20 degrees here today. Out and about, picked up the Turkey, only fresh brussels to source tomorrow.

Trust that everyone has someone to spend it with?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 34 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 66  Next