+2
davo
AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 49 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
davo

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 11:36 am

we're on a dying star how sad
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 5:31 pm

jenkay wrote:
Sadly a few weeks ago I had a mild stroke, speech has been affected, then I have had covid and Harry also has had a stay in hospital with covid. It's been a very busy few weeks, hence why I haven't been on the site.

Good news I'm on the mend, Harry is home, and we are getting back to normal.

Thank you for being concerned xxxx

My daughter Michaela has written the message to you all xxxx

Goodness .... I hope your recovery is going OK jenkay. You take care of yourself .. and your Harry.

XX
Sending you both a cyber hug  hug ... and one for Michaela too  hug
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 5:34 pm

davo wrote:
 Hey, fellow dying star dweller .. I'm still here ...sort of.

shy I've just read through the forums you and Purwell have posted.

Heard of most of them ... but my problem seems to be forum fatigue. 
I must have been on them for 20 years or more now and suddenly I feel unsettled and not 'quite' at home or settled on any of them. Must be me, going dotty in my old age  morn
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 5:36 pm

Forgot to say .. and needless to say ... the weather is rubbish this week. 
It was dull dank and orrible yesterday and after a promising sunny start, so I scampered out ... it rained! I got soaked.
Wouldn't it be nice if my piggy skin could shrink to help reduce my wrinkles. giggle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 8:04 am

Morty wrote:
davo wrote:
 Hey, fellow dying star dweller .. I'm still here ...sort of.

shy I've just read through the forums you and Purwell have posted.

Heard of most of them ... but my problem seems to be forum fatigue. 
I must have been on them for 20 years or more now and suddenly I feel unsettled and not 'quite' at home or settled on any of them. Must be me, going dotty in my old age  morn

yea I agree Mort we can all get fatigued with everything and the world is still in one big pickle - I visit OFF occasionally but the style imo is a total mess and really give me a headache after 5 mins so I don't hang around there much. the older versions imo was better it was just the two ladies who coouldn't handle some of the controversies the american one is also too big and messy so I don't' hang around there much . I personally think there is an ideal size for our aging brains and it aint those I've mentioned. forums can just get too big and they believe that more people is better but then start asking them for money to run it. they all started off for free. like this one - this woould be an ideal one for perhaps someone a few decades younger than us to take on - have any relatives interested??
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 10:36 am

Having fun chopping and lopping trees still, bloody hard work at our ages but satisfying and lots of wood for the log fire.

Glorious sunny, warm days but gets chilly at night, so its shorts during daylight hours and warm clothes when the sun dips behind the mountains.

Purwell, I have e-mailed the admin at that forum twice and tried to register again but nowt back? And the code thingy is still unreadable. Aghh well,life goes on.

I do follow football and am an avid supporter of PNE from when I lived in Preston in the early 70's but wasnt bothered about the world cup for obvious reasons. I have watched a couple of matches and enjoyed them trying only to focus on the sport rather than the politicizing of the event.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 9:12 pm

@Beastie ... you're right. The world cup seems to have turned into a mess this time around .. what with making 'political' statements and beer bans.
It was bound to be a mistake giving it to Qatar to host. Besides, I still can't my head around footie in November, not in the summer.

I gather Wales didn't do too well against Iran .. and we struggled against the US.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 10:12 am

Yes Morty lass,the England team were a tad lethargic against the USA to say the least.

Yes, we know its bad, sad, wrong, narcissistic, ugly and hypocritical and corrupt for Qatar to be holding a global sporting event......But if you delve into the history of the unique relationships that the country holds with many western nations over the last 50 years, you can see why it makes sense, in a rather bad, sad,wrong and ugly sort of way.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 11:26 am

Tree felling and lopping on hold as we have some rain, first in a while.

Had a few log fires but havent had the central geating on as yet but perhaps this evening kit will go on for the first time this year.

Given up with that forum Purwell, no answer from admin and still can't read the code thingy.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 9:54 pm

and people wonder why forums are dying ; as so we ; as do they!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 7:26 am

do any of us know some good friends who would enjoy the challenge of taking on the running of this site?? it's ideal in many ways already set up and ready to continue with new management?
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 4:31 pm

Davo,as quiet as this little forum is, is there any need for someone to take the helm? Lets face it, its has been continuing to function for a few months now with noone at the tiller.

It has turned very cold this last week, only at nights though,still warm sunny days with a chill in the air. Log fires most nights now and the central heating goes on later on as well.

Have a couple of friends coming up next week to help me drop a 25m fir tree, too much for me and the missus.

Saddened to hear about the passing of Christine Mcvie of Fleetwood Mac.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 5:36 pm

well my thinking on that matter beast was not that this can carry on but when things might go wrong and need fixing I can remember contacting Malcolm a few times to fix things that had gone wrong. Believe me running one of these would be relatively smooth but i;ve got too much going on in my life right now. plus once someone takes it on they have a large group of people in this same realm that they can call on for aid. But yes my view has also been lets just keep posting and see what happens ;I'm on plenty more so if this disappears it will be disappointing but not the end of the world for me. as i have said i have always liked the design of this forum compared to many others and it wouldl be a pity to lose it but heh there are incidentally a large family of other sites in this association so there will be many more that can be considered joining in fact if you like this design feature? there are links here for searching?

ps: I must say that looking at forum production in this genre I think malcolm had a lot of freedom in designing this to his own taste and i have alway liked the whole design but also easy of reading clear dark print inside of faint and small size printing. so there is a lot of leewave in design \i woould imagine?
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 4:16 pm

Hot enough to work in shorts today.....But as the sun wanes, the log fire is lit as the temps drop dramatically.

More sad news about 'Pele'.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2022 10:49 am

Well, me the missus and a mate managed to drop not only one, but two 25m tall fir trees, the branches were molesting a nieghbour and some extended roots were causing a problem.

Managed to fell them in a couple of hours but the cutting up and disposing of the debris will take me and Mrs Beastie a couple of months I should think. Tonnes of wood for the fire.

Its chilly at nights but still reasonably warm sunny days.

Davo, you may be correct in assuming that this forum is a slowly declining being but members logging on and not posting, even the most trivial thing, doesn't help.

I see that the uk is in the grip of a cold snap,which will only deepen the problems that people have keeping warm, so stay safe and warm everyone in the run up to the forth coming festivites.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2022 10:50 am

Bright sunny day so far, sharp frost last night.
Present temperature 1°C.

I'm in the process of getting reorganised after a kitchen and bathroom refurbishment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 33 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 49 ... 66  Next