AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 12:14 pm

Bit warmer today, 19°C and still cloudy in North Herts.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 5:33 pm

I remember staying in Herts once , Hatfield I recall with friends he worked at the local MH hospital and we were waiting for a flight to HK to spend a few years there - we had a great time with them and saw some sunshine too - some nice country pubs - they were going on hols and left us with their house until our departure,  the kids had a lovely wooded glade with climbing gear and swinging ropes etc provided by the council - oh happy days!
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 10:49 am

I worked in Hatfield for the last 20 years or so. It's changed a lot since the Aircraft Factory closed.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 1:53 am

Purwell wrote:
I worked in Hatfield for the last 20 years or so. It's changed a lot since the Aircraft Factory closed.
in what way did it change Purwell and what level of aircraft were they producing?
I'll tell ya my bits in a moment
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 10:37 am

Hatfield has become more of a commuter town as indeed has Hichin where I live.

The former De Havilland aircraft factory over the years produced almost all sorts over the years from the iconic Tiger Moth through the Mosquito and Comet to the BAE 146.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 2:49 pm

Ok we stayed on a rather dour housing estate were all the house were gravelstone coated and all looked grey? but our friends took us for a short drive outside of Hatfield itself and introduced us to some local country pubs which could have been anywhere in UK - real country pubs. He was working as a nursing officer at the main Pschiatric Hospital for that area? I had won a position as a Nurse Tutor in Hong Kong and we just had to wait for a few weeks to catch a flight and also were subjected to an introductory workshop in London were they delighted in enhancing the tough side of working in HK - we never discovered this side once there!!
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 6:12 am

morning all hello hello
suns shining for now hope it lasts fed up with this rain hello hello

-----------------------------------------
don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 8:55 am

16°C and sunny with a few clouds.
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 8:40 am

morning all
very dull here this morning
still no word about Malcolm iam beginning to fear the worse  has happened  hope iam wrong

don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 11:32 am

18°C and sunny in North Herts.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 12:25 am

morning all - sometimes I fear the worst other times I can believe in miracles - either way miracles will happen?  I have also feared for Mart and now Alan - I suppose in the annals of recent history this will be classified as the "time of uncertainties"?
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 11:38 am

I have seen Mart on another forum.

16°C and sunny with a few clouds.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 5:08 pm

perhaps therein lies a clue? Mart and Malcolm were always good buddies imo - so maybe there lies a link with the disappearance of Mart and Malcolm at the same time - Watson my bag please - the devil is afoot!!
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 6:33 am

morning all
i must be dim but who is mart was he on this site

don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 6:56 am

mart yes regularly chatted about cycling and gardening etc and caring for his sick wife - lives near Winchester. another option is that Mal just said to Mart I'm walking away from all of this and just let it coast??
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 11:45 am

In the middle of a heatwave over here with temps in the 30's most days. All big gardening jobs on hold.

Like Davo says,it appears that the site has been left to meander on to wherever it goes.

I surmise that MM had some rather bad news healthwise and has decided to concentratehis life on dealing with it. I'm sure we all wish him all the best with coping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 12 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 66  Next