Goldie
davo
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

first casualty of the year Empty
PostSubject: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 11:07 pm

walked the block a thousand times but somehow on softish ground and uneven and twigs about tripped but instead of the usual 'drunks fall' my left knee buckled inwards where it couldn't go and i heard a slight tear!!

very paining - crawled in doors and applied some cold liquid anaethetic from bali! then a pressure bandage then took some endone which dries the mouth up then back to bed! wish I could get me hands on some injectable cortisone! this am rubbed some tiger balm into the knee and it was marginally easier. step daugher cried sick too today so no taxi run for me but I still get the cash of course!!

any other medical suggestions??
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 11:11 pm

Try taking some Ibuprofen to ease the swelling. Hope it gets better soon.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 5:09 am

cheers for that
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 10:29 am

Davo - the latest medical fad being widely advertised in the UK is Turmeric pills for dodgy knees.

I kid you not.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 10:53 am

any other medical suggestions??

The most suitable material for this sort of thing is a Homeopathic remedy called ARNICA (sometimes called Arnica Montana). It should be available from most descent chemist shops.
The precise "strength" is not really important but a strength between 10 and 200 should be OK.
It is usually presented in the form of very small sugar balls. Just let one or two dissolve in your mouth six or seven times a day or more..they will not harm.

Ignore all those who say it is mumbo jumbo until you have tested it and proved they are wrong.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 1:10 pm

well I try anything once - did tumeric once but will look it out again and catgates suggestion - cant get it in my small town but will hunt around - there is such a service 200kms away where the young laddie lives!
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Just harden up Davo! yes

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Davo - you being a bush wallah - surely you know the old remedy of a Witchetty Grub inserted well into the rectum as a palliative for knee pain. It doesn't actually cure it - but it gives you something else to think about.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 10:51 pm

AlanHo wrote:
Davo - you being a bush wallah - surely you know the old remedy of a Witchetty Grub inserted well into the rectum as a palliative for knee pain. It doesn't actually cure it - but it gives you something else to think about.

Is this available under NHS?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 11:15 pm

you have sooooo! many foreign doctors over there these days anything should be negotiable??
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 11:22 pm

AlanHo wrote:

Ah our man from the ME you do realize that you are talking about one of our most sort after delicacies - but if you like the idea of a rectally induced experience for yourself I would recommend the well cooked grub straight off the desert coals! thumb
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 am

How soon can you get to see a doctor? Maybe it ought to be scanned or X-Rayed before you try the Witchetty Grub mind diversion therapy.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm

well I've been in and around this game for a long time with people who pretend to care but don't really!

thanks for asking most don't!

waiting for docs etc then  I know the course - ultrasound next - well I've decided to go with {physician heal thyself}

pressure sock and anti-inflammatory rubs ; a few endones left over from another time [wow they're magic] and home made beer - seems to be working! this is old age that's all get over it! groan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 5:30 pm

You can't beat the old Aussie Bush remedies davo. Work's a treat every time. yes
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 7:34 pm

well finally consulted a doctor -I usually hate them - lovely elderly fellow from guatemala - fancy that - welcome to OZ I says in me best bush twang - how long have you been here - 27 yrs he says with a laugh - bit to late to welcome you in then says I - anways he pummelled me and used his mini ultra thingy and then said he thought there was no major damage just a bad twist but wanted an immediate ultrasound to confirm presence or absence of blood clots which he was concerned about - you know shooting up to the lungs and lodging. ultrasound done and all clear - well young laddie he says that's it then all clear just sore - keep taking panadol and see ya in 3 mths oh and you can pick some brand new crutches up on the way out! I tried to get endone out of him but he wasn't having that one -too much constipation he said!! ye thanks doc hat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   first casualty of the year Empty

Back to top Go down

first casualty of the year
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next