davo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 6:31 am

Good morning - Shopping in Preston this morning...cloudy and dull with threatening rain clouds
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 7:52 am

Good morning - it's the last Sunday in the month so I will be carrying out the routine checks of the car today and giving it a clean. Might even clay bar the paintwork and apply the winter coat of polish and sealant if I feel energetic enough. .

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 7:56 am

morning all hello hello
very dull but dry up to now murgs dance murgs dance

don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 9:36 am

Overcast and 18°.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 6:22 am

Good morning - Flu jab for us this morning...cloudy and dull with threatening rain clouds
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 7:41 am

Good morning. For no reason I can think of, a didn't sleep well last night and feeling more tired now than when I went to bed.

We are dure to go on holiday for 7 days with 4 friends next Sunday to a large cottage in Wales - looks like we will need to take umbrellas, macs and wellies.

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 1PKkQ26

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 8:14 am

Good morning - A grey day out there. There is a 50th Birthday in the family today, so cake later.

Our son's new TV has turned into a saga. It is so wide that the feet won't fit on the TV stand. Got to go there this morning to help put a new stand together and transfer the Sky and surround-sound boxes into it, then connect the TV and tune it in. I don't want to do it.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 9:53 am

We have friends who treated themselves to a huge TV during lockdown - it is a Samsung QLED (whatever that means) and about 6 to 7 foot wide. He has his own successful Estate Agency and insurance brokerage businesses and is not short of money.

It totally dominates the room and the picture is very sharp and bright. The trouble is they are a family who leave the TV on, even when entertaining guests, and a total distraction during conversation. When we have guests the TV goes off immediately.

With so much crap on TV it hardly seems worth it.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 10:44 am

These days TV is made by children, produced and directed by children, scripted and and acted/presented by children and watched by morons...... give me a good book to read any day yes
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 12:17 pm

I bought a new 43" TV last year and a friend warned me about this problem with the feet so I bought one with a boomerang shaped stand'
I still keep finding different ways to work it and then they do a software update and I have to start again.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 6:28 am

Good morning - Aldi shopping for us this morning...in the very heavy rain !! rainy
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 am

Good Morning

I am coming to the conclusion that I am destined to keep domestic appliance manufacturers in business. Over the past two years we have had to replace :-

The Hotpoint washing machine (With a Samsung one)
The spare fridge in the utility (admittedly it was quite old)
The hand vacuum
The Vax upright vacuum cleaner (With a Dyson)
The Bosch toaster (with a Duolit one) - which is actually made in Britain)

And yesterday our Vax Platinum carpet washer failed. The brushes no longer rotate - I guess a drive belt has broken. I spent a couple of hours trying to get it apart but failed.  THere are some well hidden fasteners buried in its bowels.  I found a video on You Tube that showed me how to remove the brushes - but nothow to delve further into the innards. It is 4 years old and came with a 6 year warranty - however the warranty excludes drive belts and filters. I will be calling Vax today to determine how to proceed to get it fixed.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 10:58 am

I understand totally....I have just replaced my oven and had a hell of a job plugging it in, balancing the oven with one hand and reaching behind it with the other hand trying to plug the far too short cable into the wall socket...just couldn't do it ... !! ...had to get Mrs Mal (totally deaf) to help me by holding on to the oven and moving it slightly this way and that whilst I manoeuvred the cable plug into the socket, took some time and effort but we managed it eventually.
Couple of days later, whilst vacuuming the carpets I ran over the flex and damaged it and I have had to re-wire the Samsung machine with new flex cord !!
Just waiting now for the next calamity to occur whistle
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 11:22 am

Was off to London just after 6am got there about 8:30 was attended to and have now made it home.
Queues at petrol stations are causing problems, particularly on the North Circ where some people don't realise that they are in a queue at first and then have to pull out into the right hand lane.

Was pouring with rain earlier but brightened up now and temp is 13°C.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Good afternoon - It was pouring with rain this morning, so no allotment.

The son's new OLED TV is now working but I'd say only basically. The new stand was a devil to put together and that took most of the time spent there. He rushes things too. I think I'll give it a few days for the initial enthusiasm to fade and then set the TV up with his audio system in a proper and tidy fashion.

Our son has learning difficulties, a child's mental age in many ways. He does OK considering. He doesn't think too deeply about programme quality. yes
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 5:48 pm

Ive finished preparing all the pool terrace for the laying of new tubing but am awaiting the technician for later this week. In the meantime I will paint the front garden wall which may take a couple of days. 
It is that hot this week Mrs Beastie has been to the beach a few times and has persuaded me to accompany her tomorrow. So no thinking of painting or digging holes we shall enjoy a day at the beach.

Mrs Beastie has also suggested that we sell the house and look for something more manageable before we get as old as you lot!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 33 of 67Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next