davo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 6:33 am

Good morning early bird - it is pretending that we will be having a sunny day but the forecast for later today and the next 4 days is gloom, doom and lots of rain.

My anti pigeon gadget is working so far but the vermin are stubborn and I doubt it will last. The problem is the crap they deposit on the artificial lawn and our garden furniture.  Our respective great grand children can visit now and they love playing on the lawn. I'm fed up with having to keep cleaning it all the time.  I don't want to resort to replacing my rifle - but if I fail to find a kind way - I cannot see any alternative.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 7:53 am

Good morning - It's sunny but with rain forecast to move in later. Allotment again this morning but not doing much else.

I'm pleased I have the allotment to go to. When I first went there 3 years ago, it was only to do some digging that the owner has trouble doing. I ended up making fences, borders, manure pens, paths and generally sorting a few things out. The place looks a lot better than it used to. I think I'd miss going to the allotment if I stopped for any reason.

I hope you win your battle with the pigeons Alan.
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 10:18 am

Good THURSDAY morning/afternoon/evening/night to all my forum friends. Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 Clear
It is a lovely morning here in Colwyn Bay North Wales.
17c and feels really lovely with a light breeze.

If you want you can look in at our live CCTV camera which is located just above our patio door, and see for yourself!
Looking down towards the sea.

Shared Live Stream | Nest

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXLv3e60A_cf9vuFzw7gAwIglDSnPE10jEjn13nVAPYGKGcDd0L2fcHLdI7ivK15cxoC0&usqp=CAU ....Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 ClearGood Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 ClearGood Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 Clear

-----------------------------------------

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 ItsGoodToTalk
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 6:37 am

Good morning -Cloudy and cool again  today with threatening thunder showers thunderstorm
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 6:56 am

G'morning - cloudy and gloomy this morning - rain on the way.

Grand daughter and her 2 year old son moved house yesterday and we are spending a few hours there today helping her get straight.  I will do a few DIY jobs including installing a few things including socket for a rotary clothes line (setting it in the lawn using post-fix concrete), hanging basket brackets on the walls, light fittings in the lounge and kitchen etc. Her house is under a mile away from our's  so will not be away very long.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 8:49 am

You have great confidence in your abilities Alan... I'm very impressed with your skills and your time forecast
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 am

I've just got a new phone and have been struggling for two days to bring it up to my preferences and requirements
I've just about got it sorted now but it has been a headache yes
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 9:10 am

malcolm wrote:
I've just got a new phone and have been struggling for two days to bring it up to my preferences and requirements
I've just about got it sorted now but it has been a headache yes

Just don't buy a new computer Malcolm.
Then your struggles really do start!   drum

Good FRIDAY morning/afternoon/evening/night to all my forum friends. Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 Clear
It’s gonna be showers all ruddy day today.

If you want you can look in at our live CCTV camera which is located just above our patio door, and see for yourself!

Shared Live Stream | Nest

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 Tenor  Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 ClearGood Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 ClearGood Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 ClearGood Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 ClearGood Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 Clear

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 ItsGoodToTalk
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 11:43 am

Good morning - I hope your aches are now in the past Malcolm, what with the toothache and the headache caused by the phone yes

I went to the allotment this morning but didn't stay long. It looked too much like rain. It's sunny now that I'm home. Just can't win.

I took the skin off my shin on an old metal pole that is sticking out of the ground. Now disinfected and dressed but it's stinging a bit.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 11:49 am

malcolm wrote:
You have great confidence in your abilities Alan... I'm very impressed with your skills and your time forecast
The rotary line socket was easy - I wrestled the old rusty socket out if the soft earth, enlarged the hole, 3/4 filled the hole with water, lowered new socket in already fitted to the clothes line and while Libby held it vertical poured in the post fix cement powder evenly around the socket until the water reached ground level then took over from Libby to hold the line post vertical using a spirit level until the concrete set enough(in about 5 minutes) to release the pole. It will be ready for use within an hour.

The 2 hanging baskets were a doddle - drilled 4 holes using my SD impact drill/chisel. tapped the plastic plus in and fixed the brackets with a couple of screws with my impact driver. Took about 5 minutes

The ceiling light fittings were fiddly because the previous owner had made a dangerous pigs ear of the wiring. It took about an hour.  When I have more time I will spend a day there looking at the other light fixtures, sockets and switches to ensure all are wired properly. I did an earth leakage test and it seems OK but needs double checking.

Grand daughter had noticed that the kitchen sink was taking ages to drain - so I dismantled the U Bend pipework and removed a lot of disgusting grease and hair. She was heaving when she saw it.

Got home 2.5 hours later.  Bit tired - do you think it's being 84..... oh no drink

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 12:23 pm

Well done Alan.

I used to be handy about the house but the chemo has left me very weak and I have to give a lot of it up now.

18°C and partly cloudy today.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 2:30 pm

I can turn my hand to most tasks around apart from plumbing and climbing ladders and I am noted for my ability to be able to fix most things that get broken.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Keep a good eye on that injury Mart there is Tetanus lying in wait for you in the garden soil

Quote :
I took the skin off my shin on an old metal pole that is sticking out of the ground. Now disinfected and dressed but it's stinging a bit.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 8:57 am

Good morning all - where is everyone this morning - I've been up since 04:45 and was out and about at 06:15 to fetch our morning paper and a couple of grocery items from our local Tesco Express. They open at 06:00 7 days a week. 

There was dew on the car windows and the wipers were very streaky - a sure sign that there are a lot of flights to and from Birmingham airport again. We had no problems when flights were shut-down. We are just a mile at right angles to the end of the runway and unburned jet fuel when the wind blows towards us, gradually builds up an invisible film on the car windows. It can't be seen when the car is dry but shows itself as streaky rainbows on the glass when wet and the wipers are used.  The sun was low in the sky when I was out and the rainbows were prominent and intrusive.

I have just cleaned the windows with JIF kitchen cleaner followed by a clean with a product called Invisible Glass and they are perfect again.  A chore I do about once a month during peak holiday times.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 10:28 am

Good morning -Cloudy and cool again  today with threatening rain
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 10:33 am

Alan wrote:
There was dew on the car windows and the wipers were very streaky - a sure sign that there are a lot of flights to and from Birmingham airport again. We had no problems when flights were shut-down. We are just a mile at right angles to the end of the runway and unburned jet fuel when the wind blows towards us, gradually builds up an invisible film on the car windows.
That's dreadful Alan...we have very clean air here where we live in Coppull, just the farm smells from next door.
I suppose I'm lucky they don't bother me 'cos I've lost my sense of smell !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 18 of 67Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next