4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Unwanted Phone Calls Empty
PostSubject: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 2:48 pm

Recently my wife Libby and I were sitting in the conservatory enjoying our pre-dinner G & T’s when the home phone rang. Unlike my mobile which is connected to my hearing aids by Bluetooth – the home phone isn’t. Hence, I have to use the phone on speaker to hear it because of my deafness. Hence Libby heard the conversation.

The caller said "good morning - I have been informed that you had a no-fault accident recently - is that correct?"

I realised it was a call centre touting for business for a no win no fee solicitor short of work. So I replied "yes, that's correct - I did have an accident, but how on earth did you know about it"

She ignored my question and replied " we can help you with that and get you substantial compensation"

I said "You are too late"

"Why"

"My wife managed to wash it out of my trousers".

Libby stifled a giggle.

After a few seconds silence - the ignorant woman rang off.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 3:54 pm

nice alan ! - bet you'll never wear those trousers again!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 7:53 pm

I'm wearing them now to get my own back.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 11:58 pm

god and I thought it was just an ageing forum!!
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 3:07 am

I've had a few of those this last year, thanks to the chemo!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 5:29 am

well I suppose if they are very good quality trousers no doubt worth saving - good tumbledry should do the trick heh?

remember an old joke about two tramps walking through london one night and harry says to jim heh jim and jim says what - harry says have you shit yourself? - nah says jim so they continue walkin for 10mins then again harry asks Jim 'jim are you sure you haven't shit yourself?' nah says jim - another15 mins and harry says like jim I gotta ask you again 'xxxxxxxxxx' ah says Jim did yu mean today?
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 7:23 am

You are very gullible Davo - I didn't actually have an accident - just pretended to in order to wind the caller up.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 7:31 am

what does gullible mean??/
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 7:33 am

Google is yer friend. (or fiend)

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 8:22 am

no i said gullible not google - of if ya took that horn out of ya ear a might hear me?
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 9:16 am

I got one in both ears.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 9:28 am

what can't hear a thing!!

there was an old man on parade
with a thing in his ear called an aid
when the major called left
he upped up and left
said he thought he'd been dismissed on parade!! bum bum
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 11:41 am

I don't know if it's only people who have had some sort of accident or illness that can be claimed for that get targeted with those calls. Everything is on record somewhere I suppose.

Mrs mart's accident was 30 years ago. Court case and compensation done and dusted 10 years after that, yet we still receive occasional calls asking about her recent accident. yes
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 11:54 am

God forgot what the original story was about now ? - can you repeat it alan? -take that bloody ear thing out fgs! you''ll damage ya lacrimal glands!!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 11:59 am

Mart : The scammers have either got into an insurers historic claim list - either by hacking or an employee mole - or they simply Email or phone people at random trying to ensnare the minority who have indeed had an accident.

In my case a hit and run on a car park 3 years ago damaged my car which required a new front wing, driver's door  an door mirror. The repair cost £2400 but it was a no fault accident and my no claims bo
bonus remained intact. 

However - it cost me - because I now have an accident claim on my record during the past 5 years and the renewal premium got loaded

Davo: The heat is getting to you down under - and up top - to cause you to forget how to scroll up a thread.
Being a galvanised sadist, I'm not about to tell you how to do it and will leave you to stew in your own depleted juices.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Phone Calls   Unwanted Phone Calls Empty

Back to top Go down

Unwanted Phone Calls
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next