HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heeelp I know it's a phone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

Heeelp I know it's a phone Empty
PostSubject: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 10:50 am

Can any of you guys help please.

They have introduced free roaming charges in Spain. I have an English and Spanish phone.

What does that mean. 

Thanks 

shy
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 8:58 pm

It means you have two phones that can roam freely. giggle

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Oh no Alan still confused does that mean there are no extra charge if I say ring the UK from Spain. 

You see folks never seen ashamed to ask if I don't know?

Thanks Alan and hope you enjoyed you wife's birthday blowkiss
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 10:42 pm

My understanding is that Brussels passed a regulation that phone companies could not charge more than their domestic rates when you phone between Euro countries.

The result has been that some providers have hoisted their standard domestic rates to cover the costs.

A brilliant result. People like me who never use their phone when abroad (because I am on holiday and trying to get away from it all) - now pay through the nose for domestic calls to subsidise those who make inter - euro calls.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 11:43 pm

Aagh that makes more sense Alan.   Thanks 

We now have free roaming on the island but was not sure if it applied to my Spanish or UK phone.  :;smile:

I only use my Spanish for phone calls but I tend to use my UK for what's app to keep in touch with family and friends. 

I read the best thing to do and not sure if it's right to set your UK phone on airplane mode as apps tend to keep updating and there may be a charge for that if even you are to connected to your own internet provider.

UK provider is TESCO pay as you go.

I tend to download music  on my tablet. I never watch films 

I can't use the new fangled phones as I can't seem to answer them when there is a phone call. I brought a very simple small old fashioned mobile to take local calls. 

Everyone thought I was ignoring them on the newer phone  hat

When we go on holiday  unless an emergency family know we will not call as we are on holiday. I do email just to let them know we are OK and not to worry etc etc x
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 6:23 am

I have a Tesco phone too Goldie, an Alcatel....all singing dancing etc as a computer but useless as a phone, not loud enough and very difficult to answer when it rings !
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 9:25 am

There is an old fashioned button at the bottom of my Samsung Galaxy A3 called the home button.

I have set up the phone so when a call comes in - rather than have to find and swipe a pseudo button on the screen - I just press the home button.

It is also used by the camera - It is set to take the picture rather than the pseudo screen button.

Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:32 am

My last phone had an external button for the camera. It took 300 photos of the inside of my pocket.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:16 am

Purwell wrote:
My last phone had an external button for the camera. It took 300 photos of the inside of my pocket.
 I had a complete conversation when mum was alive and it had rung dad's number.

He said it was hilarious as all we talked about was what we were going to buy  in Sainsbury and my cat. Dad was yelling down the phone but it was in my habdbag so couldn't hear him.

I sure still miss my parents, now both in heaven  :;smile:  they were fun people,  mum put you in your place though ummmmm :;smile:
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:42 am

Purwell wrote:

That is priceless - have you considered entering the pictures in the annual Turner Prize competition under the theme "The Inside of a Man's Pocket"

Tracey Ermin won a load of money and fame from leaving her bed unmade - you could do even better and then line your pockets with cash.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heeelp I know it's a phone   Heeelp I know it's a phone Empty

Back to top Go down

Heeelp I know it's a phone
Page 1 of 1