Purwell
malcolm
The Beast
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
davo

Watching More TV? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 5:11 am

Inspector George Gently is still running here which I do enjoy mostly and the stark country scenery is majestic. don't get quite so excited about his Judge role bit bloody pompous and all in house stuff!

heart beat is doing a re run but I do have the full dvd set anyway - always a place in my heart and the scenery is bloody good! Endeavour is for me superb - love the atmosphere of Oxford in what the 50's and the acting is very good too and the main character originally a liverpudlian without a hint of the scouse accent! 

and I think they are goin to do a re-run of wot was that ancient police show of the 60's ?? urghh 

so we do stay in touch!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 1:18 pm

watching now AS Time Goes By - the english version of Casablanca and two amazing actors - I just soak it all up !
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 am

I didn't watch 'Line Of Duty' on live TV but watched a couple of episodes on catch-up (BBC iPlayer) and got hooked. Each series is six episodes long and I finished watching series 3 last night.

Some good plots based on the way Police anti-corruption teams really operate. They are fictitious cases though and I don't how the writer ever comes up with such diverse and interesting plots.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 2:07 pm

watching the film private function what a hoot 1947 britain when rationing was still about - and all whilst I am talking to you on the net - now there is multiskilling - something the effing Ipad can't do!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 8:12 am

I still have a fascination with the gang warfare stories relating to the drug cartels in Mexico and South America. Now watching 'Queen Of The South', an involved fictional story many episodes long.

Queen of the South (TV Series 2016–2021) - IMDb
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 9:11 am

I only ever watch crap TV in the daytime, never in the evening !...no Sky, no Netflix, no Amazon, just Freeview, I'm currently watching the series "Outback Opal Hunters" pre-recorded on my Humax box.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 1:30 pm

I have to admit to being a big watcher of TV but only after 9.00 p.m. I can take or leave most daytime or early evening TV. After 9.00 p.m. is when I settle to watch these long series on Netflix or Prime.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 11:38 am

As I have said before, we dont watch terrestial tv, Spanish or UK. Tend to download programmes at leisure.

MM, I had just started re reading the 'Bosch' novels by Michael Connelly when I stumbled across the American tv series again.....I am watching them concurrently whilst following the plots omn paper and on film....Interesting.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 1:36 pm

I didn't know that there was a tv series Beastie...I have read his entire output and enjoy reading more than watching TV.
I am reading Jonathan Kellerman at present and have read almost his entire output, I can recommend him very highly, almost as good as Connelly..... check him out.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 8:11 am

I like it if I can get into some of the lengthier TV series as they give the chance to get to know the characters in them. A bit like a lengthy book.

The one I've just finished watching on Netflix is one called 'Godless', a western. Strong and often violent but it has a varied plot and works towards a good finish. If the old west was really like that, it's a wonder any of them survived to go on and make modern America.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5516154/
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 9:54 am

I have no time for TV I find it mostly banal and childish... luckily we are both alike in that respect.
We watch a bit of afternoon TV then the set is switched off around 5pm until around 1pm the next day
Today's TV is mind-numbing, violent and full of offensive swearing and childish sexual innuendo.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 pm

Watching Glorious Goodwood at present.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 2:23 pm

We watch a lot of TV but not often during the day. The TV goes on for Bargain Hunt and the News at lunchtime then off again until around 5-45 p.m. From then on, there's nearly always a TV on somewhere in the house until shortly after midnight.

Mrs Mart likes to watch craft channels in bed after 9-00 p.m. That's when settle down to watch a series such mentioned earlier (until about 11-30 p.m.). Lovely picture and sound quality on the new set-up. A harmless pastime.

This must paint a picture of an idle person but from previous posts, it can be gathered that I'm not. yes
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 2:37 pm

I think that we fall into routines that we feel comfortable in.... people are different  and comfort is a very personal thing
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 3:41 pm

Yes indeed. We're all different.

I wish picture and sound quality weren't so important to me. I think picture quality requirement comes because of the job I did. Always trying to get the best definition and colour out of early TVs. Sound quality became important because my friend and I were always going to hi-fi exhibitions here and there.

Just look at all the tweaks there were in early colour TVs. All there to perfect the picture as much as possible. It was a twiddler's paradise. yes

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/1975-hmv-2725/

If I could have settled for lesser picture and sound quality, I wouldn't have spent all the money that I have on TVs, soundbars, amplifiers and all that.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 4:34 pm

I'm not a great TV watcher - prefer a good book or a tinker in the shed or garage. But Libby seems always to find something on Freeview she watches - whilst at the same time knitting or crocheting or browsing her pad.  We have a 50" Panasonic 4K LED TV which has a great picture quality considering it cost less than 500 quid in a Currys sale.

My hearing aids when connected to the TV by bluetooth, pick up the audio via a bluetooth sender plugged into the TV optical port giving me better lip sync than my WiFi Sennheiser headphones which are consigned to the shed.  Hence Libby can have the TV volume set low - she has enviable hearing,

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Watching More TV?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next