The Beast
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator

Watching More TV? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 6:03 am

Mart wrote:

The habit has become to settle down in front of the TV at 9.00 p.m to watch these long-running stories for a couple of hours before bedtime.
Don't know how you manage to stay awake....I've been in bed and fast asleep for a couple of hours by 9pm !!!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 9:40 am

Staying awake is down to lifestye I think. Always have a half hour doze at around 6.30 p,m after eating. Then bedtime some time after 11.p.m. Mrs mart goes to bed at 9.00 p.m to watch her programmes. Gives me some time to watch what I want with a bit of volume coming out of the surround-sound system.

I watch 'Call the Midwife' too Davo. Good sentimental stories and as you say, showing times gone by.

I don't know if you can get 'Still Game' where you are? Good for a smile. Might need subtitles on for that Scottish accent though. Watching More TV? - Page 3 X4CV28z
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 6:08 pm

I just finished watching 'Narcos'. I lost interest for a while when Pablo Escobar was shot but it soon picked up again. What a story! It had me on the edge of my seat at times, even though all the Spanish was all subtitled and had to be read.

They all played a very dangerous game.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 11:55 pm

no never seen still game - we do miss a lot of british stuff now - too much usa rubbish but I do still watch my favourite - Frazier and ted danson in becker - I do think soap opera is getting worst but maybe just me getting older?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 4:48 am

I have watched the entire first series up to their enlistment in the army of that famous vet series via utube and "to honour all their days"  or something like that with the last sergeant of heartbeat as a returned first world war soldier becoming a teacher - that was quite staunch! and also cover a lot of "it aint half hot mum" through the same process
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 10:51 am

I read that the 'Narcos' series was factual to a great degree up to Pablo Escobar meeting his end. From then on, it is fictional. The DEA agent didn't go on to be instrumental in the breaking of the Cali Cartel. Even so, I thought that part was a gripping story.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 3:23 pm

I've been binge watching the X Files on Firestick because I only ever saw the odd one now and again due to working shifts.
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm

We pay for Netflix and Prime TV and Disney+ and Sky full package and BT Football.
Spoilt for choice really.
Costs a few bob but worth it for us.

That is not to say that we have the TV on all the while because far from that we don't.

We make sure we get out and do at least 10,000 steps every day and get out and about pandemic or no pandemic!
So many interests and things to do which don't involve TV at all.
24 hours a day are not enough for me!

Wifey and I do love good series though such as unforgotten, line of duty, The Crown and we watch every Home and away in the Sun and anything to do with travel
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 4:48 pm

Don't watch TV at all other than Countdown and a little afternoon stuff.
We read a lot...I read a book a week on average.
I am up with the lark and early to bed so I don't miss TV at all
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:36 pm

just been watching a few re-runs of Monarch of the Glen and of course the old favorite Heartbeat. IMO heartbeat has the much more serious with some humor script to it whilst M of the G is just a modern version of Laurel and Hardy. But does the Yorkshire countryside match the Scottish Highlands not by a mile and a half. IMO
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 12:25 am

Wifey and I don't watch any TV at all during the day, but evenings while we are having our evening meal around 8.00pm we watch some TV till about 11.00pm.

We watched a lovely film we recorded off BBC2 this evening.

The Title.

Easter Parade!  whistle

-----------------------------------------

Watching More TV? - Page 3 ItsGoodToTalk
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 2:45 am

Boozercruiser wrote:
Wifey and I don't watch any TV at all during the day, but evenings while we are having our evening meal around 8.00pm we watch some TV till about 11.00pm.

The Title.

Easter Parade!  whistle
 and and and???????
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 11:17 am

davo wrote:
Boozercruiser wrote:

The Title.

Easter Parade!  whistle
 and and and???????

Thats it Davo.
Just saying that we watched that lovely old musical movie instead of some of the film crap of today.
Even though we have Sky and Netflix and Amazon Prime, sometimes we STILL struggle to find something really nice to watch.
And Easter Parade was one such film!  whistle

Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 am

Mart wrote:
Staying awake is down to lifestye I think. Always have a half hour doze at around 6.30 p,m after eating. Then bedtime some time after 11.p.m. Mrs mart goes to bed at 9.00 p.m to watch her programmes. Gives me some time to watch what I want with a bit of volume coming out of the surround-sound system.

I watch 'Call the Midwife' too Davo. Good sentimental stories and as you say, showing times gone by.

I don't know if you can get 'Still Game' where you are? Good for a smile. Might need subtitles on for that Scottish accent though. Watching More TV? - Page 3 X4CV28z

I always worked shift work of either permanent nights os 3 shifts of Mornings/Afternoons and nights again Mart.
So my sort of set bed times are not really set in stone.
But I go to bed sometime between 2 to 3am and get up at 9.00am.
Perhaps a half hour nap (not every day) in the afternoon. 

Wifey goes to bed around 11.00pm so I have 2/3 hours of me time.
I then have one or two beers along with some supper of perhaps a cheese and tomato sandwich and then I read the papers/magazines etc. online using my 12.9" IPad plus.

No TV on.
No radio on.
No music on.

Just the sound of silence.
Heaven.
Pure heaven!  yes

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 2:49 pm

Mart wrote:

no don't get that one over here and I doubt it would catch on - I watched part of the first ep- on U tube and had to strain to follow the twang. Ozzies won't make too much effort. half the actors on Monach of the Glen didn't have a Scots accent at all! plus the surrounding scenery on still game looks a bit drab heh?

butu I can't watch say home and away which has a big draw over here.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 5:11 am

Inspector George Gently is still running here which I do enjoy mostly and the stark country scenery is majestic. don't get quite so excited about his Judge role bit bloody pompous and all in house stuff!

heart beat is doing a re run but I do have the full dvd set anyway - always a place in my heart and the scenery is bloody good! Endeavour is for me superb - love the atmosphere of Oxford in what the 50's and the acting is very good too and the main character originally a liverpudlian without a hint of the scouse accent! 

and I think they are goin to do a re-run of wot was that ancient police show of the 60's ?? urghh 

so we do stay in touch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching More TV?   Watching More TV? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Watching More TV?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next