davo
catgate
Goldie
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
davo

Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 3:16 am

the police have always had a torturous relationship with hospital staff - they often come together at moments of grief and criminality - I have seen A/E staff refuse questioning rights by the police on the grounds of 'patient unfit for questioning'

but the police are often visitors to hospitals and so also have a collegiate relationship and share a cup of tea and sandwich if possible and try to share a story or two!!
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 9:57 am

davo wrote:
the police have always had a torturous relationship with hospital staff - they often come together at moments of grief and criminality - I have seen A/E staff refuse questioning rights by the police on the grounds of 'patient unfit for questioning'

but the police are often visitors to hospitals and so also have a collegiate relationship and share a cup of tea and sandwich if possible and try to share a story or two!!
Hi Dav  :;smile:

We had two burly policemen on site who regularly popped in to have a cuppa. They were great guys and a good laugh as well.  

Once two porters played a joke on me. We had a special lift where the poor unfortunate soul  who had passed away all encased in a special container.  I went into the lift and one of the porters decided to jump out of the container. I jumped so high in the air and screamed. It was funny though but not at the time. I was only in my thirties at the time  :;smile:

Unfortunately we do have a sick sense of humour to be able to cope with tradegy.

We never mock a patient though or relatives.

We always lighted a candle and left a window open so their spirit could go to a beter place x
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 10:35 am

1985 and my kidney op had just been done. No micro-surgery in those days. Some big cuts and a lot of pain. I was well down in the spirits until the day came that I was able to get make my way out into the car park. Mrs mart had brought our dog along. Me and the dog were both overjoyed to see each other.

I therefore know how a pet can raise the spirits. It certainly did me no end of good. However, I don't think I'd have been pleased to see the dog on the ward because hygiene considerations would certainly come first.

I think a visiting animal/pet, even though a spirit-raiser, is something that shouldn't be allowed because of the health risks to patients. Good for the soul but not the body.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 1:12 pm

I agree Mart - one case of rabies and ya done for! - still what's a bit of rabies in the hospital!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 2:43 pm

davo wrote:
I agree Mart - one case of rabies and ya done for! - still what's a bit of rabies in the hospital!

Due to our very strict quarantine laws,we do not get rabies in the UK

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 3:38 pm

well I would suggest that you apply very strict quarantine laws about keeping animals out of hospitals!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 3:55 pm

davo wrote:
well I would suggest that you apply very strict quarantine laws about keeping animals out of hos

Obviously there are certain wards that would not be suitable for visits.  But for general wards like the one that 'Er indoors was in a few weeks ago there would have been no more problem than some human visitors would pose.  Also I see no problem with dog visits in a nursing home.

Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 4:47 pm

I always squirt my hands with the provided sterilising fluid on my way into hospitals and/or when going into various departments. However, what about people's feet? They seem never to be catered for. Surely dirty footwear must be a big factor as regards hospital infections. I always think it would be good to have a doormat impregnated with disinfectant for people to walk across.

I agree about people at the nursing home stage of an illness andsome. Just keep animals out of where people have had recent surgery and the wounds might still be vulnerable to infections.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Mart wrote:
I always squirt my hands with the provided sterilising fluid on my way into hospitals and/or when going into various departments. However, what about people's feet? They seem never to be catered for. Surely dirty footwear must be a big factor as regards hospital infections. I always think it would be good to have a doormat impregnated with disinfectant for people to walk across.

I agree about people at the nursing home stage of an illness andsome. Just keep animals out of where people have had recent surgery and the wounds might still be vulnerable to infections.
 Even clothes Mart it all spreads infections.

For instance Spanish ladies do not wash their hands after a pee but do after a poo. Horrible in my view.

Infection is airborne.  It's about throughough cleaning of wards. There is no money to do this in the UK due to budget restraints.

In Spain wards rooms were cleaned three times a day, floors beds, en suite. You get a right earful from the domestic if you were to stop her in anyway  :;smile:

You see there is no, management structure here, no medical secretaries and no clinic co-ordinators as in the UK the nurse runs the clinic list and that's it. It took me 20 minutes to see a consultant this morning and he writes in the notes and straight into the computer. 

The UK suffers from to many admin staff and management tier structure. Junior doctors are aware of this and often are forced into treble shifts due to orders from above. How can you treat patients when you are tired.

The nurses typical shift here is 8 hours, they go home once completed and do not work overtime. They are happy and relaxed.

I never told the I was an ex  nurse whilst in hospital, so they would not feel uncomfortable. In was just Joe Blogs  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 11:56 pm

human visitors don't spontaneously pee or crap where they are standing dogs have a tendency to do so and if you are about to suggest that you wee them or crap them before going in then who cleans up the mess in the carefully manicured grounds !! - easier to ban them!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 8:07 am

davo wrote:
human visitors don't spontaneously pee or crap where they are standing dogs have a tendency to do so and if you are about to suggest that you wee them or crap them before going in then who cleans up the mess in the carefully manicured grounds !! - easier to ban them!

It is the law in the UK that dog owners clean up after their dogs have crapped. Our dog many years ago, and my granddaughters dog now do not crap on an hourly basis, and once they have done so it is safe to take them anywhere.

Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 9:59 am

I think some species being allowed in to hospitals could be beneficial.

* An English 'Setter' to help with broken bones.

* A Bloodhound for sniffing out blood groups.

* A Monitor Lizard to keep an eye on heart conditions.

* A Nurse Shark to look after patients.

* A Secretary Bird to help with the paperwork.

:)
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:23 am

Mart wrote:
I think some species being allowed in to hospitals could be beneficial.

* An English 'Setter' to help with broken bones.

* A Bloodhound for sniffing out blood groups.

* A Monitor Lizard to keep an eye on heart conditions.

* A Nurse Shark to look after patients.

* A Secretary Bird to help with the paperwork.

:)

drum  x
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:53 am

davo wrote:
 Sad to think you could be lying  in a hospital bed one day peeing and crapping.  Not my language folks.

I would simply walk by and leave you  to fester and encourage my colleagues to do the same. You see medical staff are in charge of your destiny.  We stick together, just like you see on this forum. You even choose to ignore that.

How you treat people in life and in hospital reflects the way you get treated  :;smile:

Most men who appear tough  are whimpering, crying, snivelling babies.

It's the ones who don't complain or respectful and grateful aka andsome and others.The older generation in general. That's who I nursed at the end  of my career. A proud generation often going through both world wars, knowing lack of food and resources.  Not having the privilege of modern data technology.

You do not wind me up at all Davo. Seen it, read the book and have the T shirt. I have dealt with more difficult people in my time then you.

Why don't you go volunteer in accident and emergency and get an idea what the pressures  are really like. We had  lovely volunteers with us who visited patients to comfort them if they felt lonely. I always feel volunteering is good for the soul.

Your ideas on the NHS  are outdated my friend, why cause you live in Aussie. Where I believe you have medicare an excellent service.

If you wish to recieve a sensible reply and not going to cause trouble for your own amusement. I may chose to ignore all your posts or reply as I see fit

So you  see mate , you either want to discuss or debate sensibly so the forum has decent thread source and not look into other people's discussions that you interpretation is cat fighting.

Malcolm and Saags worked hard to make this a nice polite forum and do not need the hassle.

Of course you could merely be just a Troll  :;smile: Only kidding mate. You Aussie can take a joke  murgs dance

edited some content as not to offend
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:43 am

Goldie wrote:
davo wrote:
 Sad to think you could be lying  in a hospital bed one day peeing and crapping.  Not my language folks.

I would simply walk by and leave you  to fester and encourage my colleagues to do the same. You see medical staff are in charge of your destiny.  We stick together, just like you see on this forum. You even choose to ignore that.

Now that I could believe ... when my mum was in hospital I have to say some of the nurses were disappointing. Whilst I can see they might feel the NHS has failed them in their work conditions and pay I had expected them to take more pride in their job or show some concern for their patients.

For instance, the buzzer was always hooked over the end of mum's bed where she could not reach it. She'd got as she didn't like to ask them for anything or sound like she was complaining.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 12:26 pm

I would simply walk by and leave you  to fester and encourage my colleagues to do the same.

Wow the epitome of the well trained UK nurse and one who holds true to a dedicated service to all mankind regardless of creed or background.

so how patients are treated in your opinion is how they respond or even criticise the hospital staff and care they  are receiving ?

Malcolm and Saags worked hard to make this a nice polite forum and do not need the

hassle.

I think in assuming you can speak for everyone you need to allow Malcolm and Saags to speak for themselves as Saags has done so above - any comment on her comment perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dogs on Hospital Wards   Dogs on Hospital Wards - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dogs on Hospital Wards
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next