Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers Empty
PostSubject: Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers   Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 1:40 pm

I think the judges were quite correct in ruling that any such fundamental changes to our constitution should require the  approval of Parliament
BBC Story Here
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers   Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 2:08 pm

That depends on how far back you go in the line of decision.

I was brought up to understand that MP's go to parliament to represent the wishes of their people.

The people clearly expressed a wish for Brexit - no argument.

Hence the MP's are supposed to support that view. But in recent years the MP's have regularly not carried out the wishes of their voters and have voted in accordance with their own agenda. They are highly likely to do it again.

You can't trust the slimey untrustworthy bastards to do the right thing - hence the Government are right to act on the clearly expressed wish by the majority for Brexit.

The behaviour of Clegg and his ragged crew is a disgrace and don't get me going about Corbyn. angry

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers   Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm with you AlanHo thumb

The Referendum was presented to the people as .... a vote by the people.
That's to say, millions of people and their wishes over UK independence  and not a decision made by just over 600 MP's.
It's rather made a mockery of letting the people have their vote.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers   Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 5:16 pm

AlanHo
 "I was brought up to understand that MP's go to parliament to represent the wishes of their people."

That is what it says on the wrapper.
The people who actually get into parliament are those chosen and funded by the parties. Which are themselves "supported" and "guided" by their backers.These are the main beneficiaries, and stuff the voter. He is there for  milking just like the cow.

Roget has "politics" in the right "category".
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers   Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 5:57 pm

I'm with you entirely catgate in that regard. As a nation we have slowly but surely been taken over by the so-called elite and their sycophants.

I don't understand why we finished up with Scotland, N Ireland and Wales having their own parliament and England not having one. Yet the Welsh, Scots and N Irish can vote on matters effecting just England and we can't vote in their assembly.

Perhaps each country should have its own assembly and the house of Lords be replaced by an elected upper house which has overall control of finance, security and other mutual matters.

Almost anything would be better than what we have got at present.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers   Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 10:58 pm

AlanHo wrote:
I don't understand why we finished up with Scotland, N Ireland and Wales having their own parliament and England not having one. Yet the Welsh, Scots and N Irish can vote on matters effecting just England and we can't vote in their assembly.

Perhaps each country should have its own assembly and the house of Lords be replaced by an elected upper house which has overall control of finance, security and other mutual matters.

The reason why Scotland, N Ireland and Wales have their own Parliament is that a lot of self centred politicians, who wanted to be a big fish in a big pond, found they could not be, and so they settled for being medium sized fish in much smaller tanks.
The whole system of government has been high-jacked and corrupted by an army of self centred carpet baggers who  "Buy" support by stuffing the House of Lords with those who will use their power to support their patrons.

Until we get a real democracy in place of our present crooked set up Great Britain will just be a sham at the mercy of who so ever wants to take it over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers   Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers Empty

Back to top Go down

Supreme Court hears government appeal over Brexit powers
Page 1 of 1