+2
davo
AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Morty

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 9:22 pm

@beastie .... what a wonderful tale.Sounds like a good time was had by all.

@davo ...I didn't know you were on seniors? It's not a bad place. They don't bicker much.

@purwell .... ah, JBR is on pre-mod on Pensioners because he's been warned about plugging another forum and trying to poach members. There's a sister site. 

I'm not online too much right now ... I'm a little under the weather this year but tonight decided to venture out for a peep and to say hi to my three favourite fellas. hug
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 10:15 am

Ah! Miss Morty......Nice to see you out and about. Do pop in whenever you can.

I shall have a peek at the 'Seniors forum'.  I can't seem to interact on the 'Pensions forum'. Most of it is pretty petty, trivial and cliquish......Though I may join in at some point.

Both me and Mrs Beastie are carrying the remnants of head colds and they are taking time shifting. In the mean while I am still trying to keep up with the garden and the trees. This Sunday,  I shall be putting out 44 x 100l sack of garden debris from the last 2 weeks plus numerous bunches of vines and creepers tied up. The local adjuntament ( Council ) collects every three weeks.
As much as we are having some bright sunshine, true summer weather is still not here as yet.
We were swimming in the pool mid April but haven't been in since, though down on the beaches 5kl away there are plenty in the sea every day.

Davo,are you Davey or Dave on the 'Senior' forum? And what are you on the ' Pensioners' one?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:35 pm

davey on seniors - no longer us the pensioners although not sure if they ever remove ya name? - not using Off atm it became quite purile - god we are Oap not school kids fgs! - think I am in a transient stage - this seems the best group!!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 10:34 am

Greetings to fellow members..All three of you!

I trust you are all ok? Morty, whatever is causing you to feel a little under the weather, I hope it passes by swiftly and you are soon feeling better. Mr Purwell, I trust the medics are continuing you keep you going?
Davo, hope you are still able to enjoy the odd 'Tinny' at sundown?

All much the same here, summer weather has finally arrived and I am on the garden full time now. Lots of trees need cutting down but I have to wait for help to be available from a neighbour who works full time.

Up and at 'em!
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 12:44 pm

Still kicking but not as hard as I used to. Almost finished the current chemo cycle which knocks me back a bit but onwards and upwards.

Bought myself a 2018 Honda Jazz, quite pleased with it, roomy for a small car. I should have bought an automatic years ago!

Morty has just been seen on Pensioners Forum.

Davo pops up occasionally on Seniors Forum.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 5:24 pm

hello which seniors forum are you referring to P - there are several?? I mainly use the yankie one atm if that is the one you are meaning? - and using quite a lot lately for its fun value - you can calm down the serious ones!! Off has become rather old fashioned /staid and without vigor. I also use Yoda occasionally?? forgot to look at the beach ladies recently but honestly you become blind in the end!! - have you seen them beast - tits galore!! not to mention the F word too!! Purwell how is f3A goin atm?? usual staid gang? I think the older we get the worst they get?? we are into one of our 7 different seasons here in Oz - it is the fall season with very cold desert like nights but still high 30 days and I see there is going to be a surge of medical/nursing staff leaving uk asap and emigrating to oz - they have had enough?? I still live alone with my 'derg' but you are all welcome to stay just bring a sleeping bag and maybe a roll of rubber - plenty of room in the living room and we can have a ball!! davo  sweep drink morn hello
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2024 3:00 pm

Hi all!
Glad that the chemo is keeping you going Mr Purwell, long may it last. Morty, hope you are well?
We are contemplating buying a new car....Haven't had a car for over five years and don't really miss it as we have a couple of 125cc scooters to nip about on....But Mrs Beastie, although she is working four hours a day, five days a week in her mates hotel, this season there will be the odd time she may have to do an odd evening shift over the weekends, and the hotel is 12 km from the house....Not too keen on her zipping about late at night on some of these roads. Something on the economy end, so have been looking at a 'Dacia Sandero'. A new one as second hand car prices here are scandalous. Still haven't decided as yet.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2024 10:25 am

Not too bad here at the moment, but an East wind keeps us cool.

Halfway through another chemo cycle, lost count now! Usual aches and pains etc. but nothing to worry about.

Have found a pub not far from the hospital in London that serves a nice pint of Doombar for £5, which is not bad for London prices. 

I recently had a row in my local pub about being taken for a fool. The local session beer is called AK and is priced at £4.40, expensive enough for this area, and they also have a premium beer called IPA priced at £4.85.

I had one pint of AK which was a bit off, not enough to complain about but I decided to try the IPA. We were sitting outside with table service at the time and one of the girls brought me a pint of what looked like dish water.

I took it inside to complain  and was informed that they would change the barrel and bring me another one which duly arrived. I said to my friend, "He's not changed any barrel, this is AK." Being in a good mood I could not be bothered to complain and drank it, then ordered another IPA. 

This appeared looking just like the previous pint of dish water and confirmed my suspicions that no barrel had been changed. At this point I was quite angry because I was sure they were taking me for a fool so I took this back inside and had a row with the under manager. 

He made all sorts of noises but was not man enough to admit what he had done, even said to me, "Are you a beer expert?" To which I replied "Been drinking it for 60 years, think I'm better qualified than you." The argument then got quite heated but I settled for another pint of AK.

This pub regularly gives short measure, which at their prices is not to be put up with but unfortunately we no longer seem to be a nation of beer drinkers.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 7:18 am

still here just mozzian about! - not doing the yankie doodle site anymore its just to many crazy women. most of the sites are pretty crap now I suppose we are all gettin too old!! purwell that is truly a terrible tale about the beer - OMG - still tories goin down this election heh?? stay in spain beast ya optionally slightly better - hello pig lady still grunting? I think we could liven this site up if we really tried to tout for very selected members??
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 10:19 am

Hi all! Yep, still knocking about here in Spain......True summer weather has finally arrived, at last. Bloody loads of work to do around the garden.
Just paid the deposit this morning for a new car, it arrives third week July.
Decided to watch some of the Euro football, not really a follower of the national team.....And after watching both of their games, I know why, dreadful performances from supposedly the top players of the nation. Some of the other matches have been highly entertaining though.
I believe you are correct Davo, this is the only forum apart from a PNE football one I interact with, though I do read the other odd one.
Bit of a story re the beer Mr Purwell, glad you stood your ground. I spent over 40 years in the hospitality trade over here with four different businesses, bars/bodegas and we took pride in our good service which nowadays is sadly lacking across the  trade these days.
I trust Miss Morty is getting along well?
Off to clear some ground covered in knee high weeds and foliage.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 10:29 am

It's been quite a few years since I rode a bike but I have kept my early 70's Carlton in reasonable condition. I ordered a couple of tyres and inner tubes for it and set to work getting it road worthy.

First difficulty was to find a suitable spanner to get the wheels out but I found a couple in an old tool box. I got the front wheel out and with a lot more effort than I remember managed to fit the new tyre to the front wheel.

The front tyre itself was in bad condition but when I examined the inner tube it seemed perfectly OK. I used the new one anyway but then had a look at the rear tyre and could see no signs of it being perished and decided to just pump it up.

Sat down with a cup of coffee feeling quite pleased with myself to see if both tyres would retain their pressure before embarking on my maiden voyage.

Imagine my chagrin when I discovered that my joints have stiffened up so much that I had great difficulty in getting my leg over, (no sniggering in the cheap seats).

I'm not going to give up but will do some gentle exercises to try and loosen things up.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 12:19 pm

ya need a good woman  to do that Purewell!! haha we should try and encourage others to join us here heh  - seems to be sailing ina  good breeze with no captain?? wot did malcolm do??
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 3:51 pm

Davo, I think Malcolm used to work for Bae Systems, formally British aerospace plc. He took early retirement in his mid fifties and loved his Jaguar car.
I initially met him on an ex pats from Preston Lancashire forum around 2005, when that ceased to exist, he set up this.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 1:53 am

well surely this forum is still in full sight out in internet space for people to see - but it won't entice the very young or even middle aged - I remember a few years back trying to entice friends from the other big site 50's forum or summat and some came and tried and didn't stay - even in its heyday it only had 20-30 souls and they started 'popping' off finishing up with Mal - sad really. there is another older one which I am still a member of and some of this crew here transfered - can't even remember its name now - must try and track it down and I will let yoz all know\!! - I used to use the https://www.yodashideaway.com - and have mentioned it before - but even that just stays with a fixed number of members - the only way to expand this site is to persuade our own friends to try it imo. however it does seem to me to be the end of this style of internet social encounters?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 3:29 am

here's another one that is still very active and may very well have people you know including me and morty and alanho etc etc - worth a look - I would say it was one of the smaller and more active intimate sites - you can't get lost easy - https://toff.freesmfhosting.com
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 10:13 am

I was a member there but cannot remember why I stopped using it.
I have re-set my password and see if it suits me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 63 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 63 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next