+2
davo
AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
AuthorMessage
davo

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 11:27 am

it feels likeall meeting ata local undertakers once a month and sitting around a coffin and supping our drinks and chatting on here - lovely grey sultry english sky tonight and and sat reminiscing on the front porch with no lassie by my side!! £$%^ £$%^ £$%^! - we can swear now on here remember??  omg macolm left the anti=swearing switch turned on!!  sweep sweep sweep bin day tomorrow but I may forego it - means pulling mine on wheels 250 yds down the drive as early as possible to avoid the sun - may leave it til next week??
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 6:10 pm

Hey Mr Purwell. Just noticed from a post on another forum that you spent a night or two in dock. Hope you are feeling a lot better and improved rapidly. Take it easy for a day or two.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 9:48 pm

I visited University College London Hospital on Friday to pick up my chemo injections and meds. They gave me a couple of blood tests while I was there, one of which was just before I left.

On Saturday morning I had a call from UCLH and they advised me to go to A & E locally for fluids as the blood test had shown a problem with my kidneys. A & E kept me under observation for two days and let me home yesterday as my kidney function was back to normal.

Not really sure exactly what caused the problem but back to as near normal as possible now.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 10:45 pm

I am pleased about that Sir. Long may it continue.
Out and about in the new car today, bloody hell, bells and whistles is right Mr Purwell. Though I must admit I am impressed overall.
We all hope Morty is overcoming her down period and soon let's us know that she is ok.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 11:11 pm

didn't know morty was on a down period? - too much honk honkin perhaps??
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 8:41 pm

what a horrific time in UK and my neck of the woods southport area and the rioting - didn't they once do this sort of thing back in the 12 century in uk? wot is the planet coming to?? change of govt too late perhaps as well??
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 6:40 pm

Didn't know you are a ' Northern boy' Davo?
Whereabouts?
I lived most of my early life outside UK but when we went back for Christmas and breaks. Always spent it in Ormskirk, Fathers hometown. I ended up as a teenager in Preston.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 6:50 pm

Da Pool originally until 15yrs  then moved to cheshire with da gettin a job and house with the ici - back and front gardens - luxury - then later down to Hants to work in mental health - get married and the rest is history!! also got to travel all over Uk looking for jobs with the NHS - but in those days life was sweeter than now? did a contract job in HK for 3 yrs in the late 70's and then out to Oz
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2024 1:27 am

anyone subscribe to the new scientist on line - looks like a good offer but also a bit expensive - suppose a gotta pay good for wots good heh?? son has just been makling some good homemade sherry I can send yuz all  a link if ya want? - used to make it years ago so think I'll start again will be aiming for a muscat rather than sherry although they asre both as good as each other?
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2024 12:13 pm

Hi Davo mate......Trust you are stumbling through life pleasantly and enjoying it? Same for you Mr Purwell, hope the treatment is a continuing success?
Wherever Miss Morty has gone, we hope she is also getting along fine and not too troubled?

The long summer continues over here with sunshine all the way and temps of 30 most days.
The list of jobs we will have to do around the garden is growing because of the neglect that has incurred due to the heat and it not being conducive to any hard graft.
Very little use out of the new car as yet,only because although the local roads and auto vias are mainly empty.....Go anywhere near any coastal town, nowhere to park and packed streets. We shall wait until October before venturing any distances.
Oh.....And some Davo clipped one of the wing mirrors and didn't stop or own up. Cost of a new one is 328 eu. Bloody hell, the new car only cost 15,000 eu. That is 2.2% of the cost of a new car, just for a ***** wing mirror....Madness!!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2024 12:15 pm

Oh, I like the way the swearing filter replaced wa*ker with Davo???? Oops Davo.... Just Malcolm having a laugh maybe?
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2024 2:57 pm

Still plodding along here, having good days and not so good days.

Just started latest cycle of chemo but I've lost count now of how many this is.

Talking of highway robbery, just taxed my little Honda, £190 would you believe!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2024 12:02 pm

enjoyin the build up to the usa elections  - isn't it good watching trump getting a trouncing?? - Kamilla can't possible loose surely?? got an old girlfriend wants me to go back to uk to live with her for a while - d'ya all reckon it would be worth it as an interesting retiree experiment?? - only serious suggestions accepted!!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 12:22 pm

''got an old girlfriend wants me to go back to uk to live with her for a while - d'ya all reckon it would be worth it as an interesting retiree experiment?? - only serious suggestions accepted!!''

Hey Davo, I'd keep your gaff by the local bilabong and go and spend some quality time with an old flame.....And.....If it doesn't work out, slip home quietly after having the best of both worlds......

This place is teetering on disappearing into the ether!

I do read some threads on pensioners forum co uk but still find very little to interact with, maybe one day.
I hope all are safe and well.

After two months of extremely hot weather we are on a few days of thunderstorms and rain.......
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 12:51 pm

Stay where you are Davo, England isn't what it used to be. By all means come back for a visit but would not recommend anything permanent.

@Beast agree about Pensioners Forum, some right miseries on there!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 11:36 pm

Purwell wrote:
Stay where you are Davo, England isn't what it used to be. By all means come back for a visit but would not recommend anything permanent.

@Beast agree about Pensioners Forum, some right miseries on there!
I agree with you on all counts there Purwell and greetings to the beast as usual - my son wants me to go on a sea cruise either just that or as a sojourn to Cuba - we are old cigar aficiandos - hell of a price out here now as they try to stop smoking all together with no concessions for the oldies!! pipe tobacco in the same dilemma. flooding in parts of Oz of course but all dry here so far.

can't even get the new all creatures great and small anymore as the yanks have captured the markets and you have to become a member and pay monthly fees - so they have bought the rights of course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 65 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 65 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66  Next