AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
AuthorMessage
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 2:12 pm

I can tell you the state of the nation:
Bloody awful!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 2:42 pm

I'm not really in a position to make any formal, clear or concise observations about the state of society, conditions, lifestyle as I haven't lived in the country for over forty years.
Any thoughts re the way the country is run or where it is going can only be made by what I read and hear in and on various media platforms. Print and online news, TV news and some independent sources you can find. Though to be honest Davo, each and everyone of these sources have their own agenda depending on who or which person/organisation are funding them.
Consequently I could form opinions from so many different perspectives, depending on what to believe. And to tell you truth, I am loathe to believe the majority of what I can source.
What I can say, is that the general consensus is that the UK is not on a good path or direction.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 5:35 pm

Purwell is not wrong ..... I do find the UK to be becoming an unpleasant place to live.

I suppose it could be more a sign of the times, and my ageing old bod .... I'm not so resileint or tolerant.
Honestly Beastie ... and Davo .. I think you both did the right thing in taking a gamble, having an adventure and going abroad.

Last edited by Morty on Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 5:36 pm

Forgot to add .... I quite like dipping into here now and then and having a chin wag with you guys.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 9:20 pm

well you either stay or go - my sister was the first to emigrate years ago to Canada - and I visited her there once - beautifully clean country - polite and somewhat reserved people compared to their usa neighbours . Brother went to Spain the last of us to depart the shores and died there unfortunately  as the baby of the family - I think now I really only miss the memories not the realities. We have our bushfires and floods but somehow learn to become resilient and live with them - once in the days of ten pound boat trips to Oz quite a few couldn't handle it and went back to UK but no more - it's what you get used to really. I've only been back once to Uk and enjoyed it but bros was still alive then and seeing it all again seem strange and small!!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 12:58 pm

Long time ago Davo mate!

I left the uk in 1980 after a short but successful career as a steelstockholder, buying and selling Uk produced steel plate and imported plate to engineering and fabricating companies. Made a load of money thinking it would last forever....It didnt.....Blew most of it within four years living it up in the south of France......Travelled for a while and ended up here in Catalunya....Wouldn't change anything.

Just noticed that the 'Budget' is happening at the moment.......I read this little article yesterday....Rather astute if you ask me.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/05/banker-budget-mega-rich-traders-jeremy-hunt.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:58 pm

yup I believe that one for sure!!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 5:01 pm

Bizarre.....On my devices the time that the posts were posted read Davos time. 
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 5:01 pm

Bizarre again. Just changed back to our time. ??
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 6:20 pm

Beast wrote:
I left the uk in 1980 after a short but successful career as a steelstockholder, buying and selling Uk produced steel plate and imported plate to engineering and fabricating companies.

That was in the days when we made things in this country, Thatcher put a stop to that.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 8:18 pm

The Beast wrote:
Long time ago Davo mate!

I left the uk in 1980 after a short but successful career as a steelstockholder, buying and selling Uk produced steel plate and imported plate to engineering and fabricating companies. Made a load of money thinking it would last forever....It didnt.....Blew most of it within four years living it up in the south of France......Travelled for a while and ended up here in Catalunya....Wouldn't change anything.

Just noticed that the 'Budget' is happening at the moment.......I read this little article yesterday....Rather astute if you ask me.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/05/banker-budget-mega-rich-traders-jeremy-hunt.
yup, most of us are up shit creek that's for sure - the time thingy Beast - no one on here is rewinding them ; re-setting them and changing them for winter summer times what do you expect - we need a bloody manager!! NO not me!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 12:38 pm

We are having an unusual weather day. Torrential rain overnight that has now eased up but gale force winds are battering the house and garden. We've closed front steel backed shutters for the first time in over ten years. Intimidating to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 8:25 pm

Strange weather and surely a strange time of year too ... I'm not keen on gales.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 5:59 pm

Finally we have moved into pre summer weather and we are on a period of non stop sunny days....which means I am into full on mode of jobs in the garden. Dropping 12 big trees in the next month, dropping them is reasonably easy ish....Its the cutting up and clearing up the debris left over which will take a month or two.....I could pay to have it sorted but as long as I am able to do things myself, I am reluctant to do so.
Am back in the uk again at the end of April, so am looking forward to that, albeit its only for four days.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2024 1:16 pm

Summer weather here big style now. Keeping busy chopping down and back trees, then going to do a major painting job, what, with these two and various other jobs around the place, I'll be busy all summer.
Davo, what is your moniker on the pensioner's forum?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 60 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 60 of 62Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next