+2
davo
AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
davo

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 1:04 am

well they're either tired of the aussie take over or pissed out with games!! nah f3a has been going a very long time - can you remember it beginning ? - it has lost many members for many reasons but my view is that there has often been a clique of persons trying to control what style it has - when OFF radically changed many came over to f3a only to be disappointed with the dreariness of it even then. I can remember first joining and finding it quite a fresh enlightened forum with an interesting concept of no mods. where is it now??? dying I would say but so are a lot of others take this for example - this really officially died with Mal but he had kicked it into the gutter himself way back. the fpf still seems to be going strong with numbers but has always had a heavy hand and far too many mods = mainly bitches now. I think forums are just a dying art form really?
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 5:56 pm

Morty wrote:
I could be jealous except it's been incredibly warm here today for February in the UK ... bliss.

You seem to do a lot of tree chopping Beastie. I bet that's hard work. 
In fact, you seem to work harder during the 'quiet' season than you do when all the touristy folk arrive.
Do you never rest man!  teacup
 Mortylass......I had been in the hosteleria business over here for the last 40yrs and closed my last place the first year of the pandemic, seeing what was on the horizon.

I dont work anymore having turned 66 last year and concentrate on the house and garden.....Though Mrs Beastie works the summers running a pool bar in a friends hotel and her meage salary helps pay for the odd Whiskey and the occasional vino.

thumb
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:38 pm

Then it sounds like a well deserved rest and retirement Beastie ... thugh probably less of the rest part.
I remember years back you posted some pictures of where you lived and they were lovely. 

I bet covid ruined the Spanish tourist industry ... and I suppose it could just be me but the world doesn't somehow feel the same anymore.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:40 pm

@Davo ...  you're singlehandedly keeping that placed afloat .. .I mean that in a nice way too. 
I don't know how you manange to keep thinking up all the new threads. Even Natham has gone quieter than usual.

I was just thinking we make an unusual little forum now don't we ... an Ozzie (from Liverpool) ... Beastie in Spain .. .and little old me in England, along with Purwell and AlanHo and Jenkay.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 11:00 pm

sounds like a good solid team to me - this could be the start of something good!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 4:42 pm

Weather changing a little over here. We have some cloudy, cooler days coming up with some rain predicted.....Not what I want at the moment as we have a long list of jobs to do on the house and garden.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 7:29 pm

Spring has not sprung .. in fact it's in retreat.
The weather's gone quite cold here but I've just read where Mallorca have had 20 inches of snow !
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 11:48 am

Dreary and overcast with light rain here.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 4:46 pm

Spring weather has just turned up here Mortylass. Sunny days, blue sky. Yet we are still having log fires at night as its so cold after the sun drops.

I've finished cutting the trunks and splitting them into logs for this year, I'll wait until November before starting on any more.

Mrs Beastie starts work next month for the summer, which means I'll be painting the house and wood treating all the windows, frames and shutters and there are lots of them......Keep me busy.
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptySun Mar 05, 2023 6:26 am

morning all
very cold  cold cold

-----------------------------------------
don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 5:02 pm

Glorious sunny days are here again, still cold at nights and we have some sort of heating on for a while.

I am slowly starting my long list of jobs to do for the summer months whilst Mrs Beastie is out earning a crust. 

We have some life long friends from the UK this weekend for a couple of days as they pass by. Haven't seen them for 6 years so should be a great get together, looking forward to it.

I see that the UK us getting some wintery weather, I trust you are all keeping warm?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 11:00 pm

I once lived in HK for three years and made some amazing friends - just heard that another one has died recently - Chinese living in Grimsby - why would anyone wanna live there ? - still commiserations - we had some great times together and i even managed to catch up with him once in Grimsby - he was great but Grimsby grim! he was 3 yrs older than I so has just gone ahead a little way and will no doubt wait for me around the bend? sometimes when ya living 'em the years seem to drag a bit but lookin back wow they've flown by
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Our friends who passed this way for the weekend were a delight to see again after several years and a late night and lunch out on Saturday knackered me as my alcohol consumption capabilities are not what they used to be.....But a good time.

Summer weather is here and the job list is a long one for this summer. Ill crack on with them when Mrs Beastie starts work at the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 6:42 pm

Lucky thing ... I wouldn't mind some spring like weather here .. it's gone awful cold and wet and windy.
Brace yourself to be trampled by a load of Brits .. . they don't want them at Lanzarote anymore  shy
They want higher quality tourists.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Well, that summer weather didnt last too long and the temps have dropped to around 13/14 degrees.
Looks as if you in the UK are going to get some cold wintery weather as well.....Wrap up warm as you need to.
The list of jobs for the summer is slowly getting longer so Ill be extremely busy.

I've also got a contact who needs a guide for coachloads of Wigan and Warrington rugby league fans visiting the Catalan dragons, so I'll have to fit a few of them in as well.....At least I can watch the games after a tour around the lovely Perpignon.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 6:55 am

storms sunshine and 33C? - what more do you want?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 42 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 42 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 66  Next