+2
davo
AlanHo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Morty

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 8:46 pm

The Beast wrote:
Keeping us warm every night.

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 IMG-20230201-190046

That is so snuggly .... I'm warming my little trotters.

You know Beastie, I was thinking ... time has gone so quick. How many years is it since you opted for the good life and escaped to Spain?
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 8:50 pm

Purwell wrote:
@Davo I'm not over interested in the F3a site to be honest.

Too many Boris fans for my liking and  disappointed to see some of my old friends have been banned.

I won't ask which friends, as I'm only an occasional visitor there.

But if you're like me, as I've got older ( and wiser  yes) .. I tend to try to share forum space with folk I know I get on well with. It's not worth the hassle anymore.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 1:01 am

myself \i still like a fight!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 5:13 pm

I am determined to find time to interact on that f3 forum.....And I will, just got a lot on at the moment.

Mortylass......I left the UK in 1980. I lived in France for four years before shifting to here and have been happily ensconced ever since. Used to visit Preston and the surrounding area regularly but haven't been back for six years.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 12:38 am

beast I can see you makin a worthwhile contro to the f3a - you sound like a fighter who can stand his ground ................they are a know it all type at times but aren't we all - but \i must admit I do like the cut and sparing! and purwell always enjoy you dry humor or is it frank disgust! But despite their strange personalities I do find them full of life and regardless of age prepared to do their research still and join in some hearty if not cut and thrust discussions and it has been going an long long time!
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 3:29 am

I'm still surprised that Bandana keeps such a low profile on there considering that he is the owner.

I can't remember where it was that I fell foul of him some years back but I do remember him flouncing off like Kipling's cat, waving his wild tail!

It may have been Saga Zone but probably Fifty Plus forum.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 11:47 am

I think he is being judicially advised by other senior members of the clan! I have tackled him a few times and he does enjoy joining in but maybe can't divide two different roles too well? but youare doing fine purwell keep goin
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 11:56 am

It started raining here on Sunday night, first rain this year......And hasn't yet stopped, heavy at times with a few bright sunny breaks. Makes it impossible to do any work outside though.

Today is the first day masks are not mandatory on public transport though they continue to be in Chemists, hospitals and care and residential homes. Only visitors, not residents.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 11:24 am

The rain stopped Thursday night and the sunshine is back with a vengence, so it is slowly drying out. Back to sawing up tree trunks this week.

I follow and read the UK news on a regular basis.....Is it just me? Or am I slowly becoming immune to the daily reporting of murder, rape and nigh on total breakdwon of law and order in the UK?

I live in a huge land mass country with just under 50 million inhabitants, whereas the Uk is tiny in area comparison and has nigh on 70 million population.
The disparity in the number of murders and violent crimes between the two nations is staggering.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 11:49 am

yes uk is in a mess and I think to a large extent following the pandemics too people have become immune to much but talking to the oldies on the other site they are just bunkered down and trying to live their lives as they always have with a few extra inconveniences like like of good health services etc - i suppose as often they have in the past will weather the storms but they just don't seem to me to have effective govt or the finances really to pay for everything these days so it does seem to be every man and his dog for himself - not quite so bad in oz with a much smaller popn and rosie way of life \i suppose? you'll get a better sense of good mood if you join in the f3a discussions but don't take them too seriously right mis trotter??
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 6:38 am

The Beast wrote:
I live in a huge land mass country with just under 50 million inhabitants, whereas the Uk is tiny in area comparison and has nigh on 70 million population.
The disparity in the number of murders and violent crimes between the two nations is staggering.

This chart compares the ares of the large European countries.

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 J8rPMbg

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 6:00 pm

Great info,thanks AH.

I have tried reading the f3 forum but sadly cannot fathom it at all.....I cant seem to see when the last post is made on a thread and am uncomfortablewith the whole outlay.....Perhaps it is my age??? Only 66. So I have deleted my account and if I need to continue interacting with what is left of this membership, I shall continue to do ir here until is ends.

Still glorious sunny days here but chilly at nights and log fires continue to blaze.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 6:20 am

I know what you mean.
I'm not sure that I will persevere much longer.
The lack of a sense of humour puzzles me.

I will continue to look in here most days.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 6:46 am

and we have sense of humour here??? f3a is very quirky but it does grow on you slowly you've gotta give it time - buzz50 I find a pain in the proverbial - fpf is a milia or miss match of petiteness and too many little old women and OFF has ballooned out to such size that it gives me an instant headache and very little chance to be small and friendly. - there is no perfect match atm - ya just go for the place ya feel most comfortable and lets be honest this is the marie celeste heh? - sailing into oblivion unless someone takes it over and gives it a fresh lick of paint?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 1:46 am

just been looking at some Mal history on here - he died on the 14th April last year after coming home from hospital with an untreatable condition. This was his last message he posted:

I have been in hospital for the last week and am going home today...not good news I'm afraid - approx 21 march 2022

so the good ship marie celeste has been sailing captainless for nearly a year - long may she sail??

davo
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 10:52 pm

The Beast wrote:

I have tried reading the f3 forum but sadly cannot fathom it at all.....I cant seem to see when the last post is made on a thread and am uncomfortablewith the whole outlay.....Perhaps it is my age??? Only 66. So I have deleted my account and if I need to continue interacting with what is left of this membership, I shall continue to do ir here until is ends.

I know what you mean .. . for different reasons I still find it hard to feel settled there. I never relax properly.
If it's your age ...it's mine too! 
I hadn't realised you'd deleted but that place is slowly declining in active membership as it is.
I have noticed though .. most of them have no sense of humour.  A good laugh often makes a forum a fun place to be ..a bit of teasing between friends.  yes

Last edited by Morty on Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather   Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + what are you up to today and how is your weather
Page 40 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 66  Next