davo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next
AuthorMessage
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 8:33 am

morning all
very cold very windy but sunny oh and some snow blowing in on the wind  hello hello  Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 1f627  Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 1f627
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 9:14 am

Good-Morning.... it's snowing here with a bit of sunshine thrown in the mix.
We are very much like you BC both retired with good company pensions together with state pension providing us a very good living...we own our house and unlike you have few outgoings....no extra TV packages etc
More monthly income now than we had before we retired early... We have been retired for 30 years !!!! That's right 30 years
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 9:18 am

Good morning - It was forecast to be a bit nippy and they were right. Cloudy but dry. I'll cut the grass front and back of the house if it stays dry. If not, that's another job I won't have to do.  yes
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 9:59 am

malcolm wrote:
Good-Morning.... it's snowing here  with a bit of sunshine thrown in the mix.
We are very much like you BC both retired with good company pensions together with state pension providing us a very good living...we own our house and unlike you have few outgoings....no extra TV packages etc
More monthly income now than we had before we retired early... We have been retired for 30 years !!!! That's right 30 years

it really good to hear your stories - good to know that hard working and well qualified people all over uk can finish their working life and have plenty of time and money to enjoy a good retirement - sometimes it's just the harsh side of life that is portrayed.
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 10:41 am

malcolm wrote:

Blinkin' eck Malcolm.
Retired?
30 years?
Nice one.

One thing hisses me off though is that because we are doing quite well through working all our lives we cant claim a thing.
No pension credit, no council tax relief, pay for dentistry (spent  a fortune of £s up to  last year) no benefits at all except the free bus pass.
And to add insult to injury we pay TAX  on our pension income.
I could go on but I would start the day wound up and depressed!  Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 1f604

-----------------------------------------

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 ItsGoodToTalk
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 10:43 am

davo wrote:
malcolm wrote:

it really good to hear your stories - good to know that hard working and well qualified people all over uk can finish their working life and have plenty of time and money to enjoy a good retirement - sometimes it's just the harsh side of life that is portrayed.

Thank you Davo.
When I say about what gadgets and things we have and how quite well off we are I wouldn't want anyone to think I am bragging at all.
I am just saying it as it is for us.
Thats all!

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 ItsGoodToTalk
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 10:43 am

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 Screenshot-2021-04-05-at-10-21-13-png 

Good Morning to all my Forum friends.
Blinkin’ cold here in the UK
Roll on SUMMER! Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 Clear

If you want you can look below at live CCTV feeds from outside my patio door all the way from Colwyn Bay/Rhos On Sea here in North Wales.
Eight miles from Llandudno.

Looking towards the Sea here in Colwyn Bay:

Shared Live Stream | Nest

Looking towards railway bridge:

Shared Live Stream | Nest

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 4fe71e7d849686effcc64011bb3ee3c4--monday-morning-humor-monday-humor

Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 11:09 am

2ºC and cloudy today.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 11:45 am

Boozercruiser wrote:
malcolm wrote:

Blinkin' eck Malcolm.
Retired?
30 years?
Nice one.

One thing hisses me off though is that because we are doing quite well through working all our lives we cant claim a thing.
No pension credit, no council tax relief, pay for dentistry (spent  a fortune of £s up to  last year) no benefits at all except the free bus pass.
I could go on but I would start the day wound up and depressed!  Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 1f604
Just the same for us BC.... can't claim a penny, unlike the lazy bastards who never worked and get everything free
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:08 pm

well opens up a plethora of topics and theories and discussions heh - but this is just the weather report section!!
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 5:46 pm

Weather report and general discussion too Dave
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 9:57 pm

damn forgot to read the title again - well that opens up a plethora of ideas!
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 12:19 am

malcolm wrote:
Boozercruiser wrote:
malcolm wrote:

Blinkin' eck Malcolm.
Retired?
30 years?
Nice one.

Just the same for us BC.... can't claim a penny, unlike the lazy bastards who never worked and get everything free

Blinkin' heck Malcolm.
Don't get me going on that one.
I have an Amron Blood Pressure Monitor as I have had high blood pressure, now under control with medications.
Getting into THAT subject would likely send my blood pressure through the roof!   shy groan drum

Last edited by Boozercruiser on Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 12:20 am

davo wrote:
damn forgot to read the title again - well that opens up a plethora of ideas!

Don't you dare start Davo.
Don't start.
You hear me?!  shy.    drum

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 am

well from the "abroad" perspective of UK if you please - there are the "always have been hardworking brits who built great railways and bridges and empires" and then the "lazy bastard brits who won't pick up a shovel or an axe to earn a loaf of bread" and expect the good honest tax payer to pay up - omg we've hit a seam of gold here!! - come on boozer bring ya BP monitor along and the missus and ya cameras!!

and then all those brits that took off to live across on the continent and make a pretty penny or two and never come back and spend it in the good old of UK??
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 am

Good morning - A bright and pleasant day with lots of sunshine promised hot sun

Quote :
I have an Amron Blood Pressure Monitor as I have had high blood pressure, now under control with medications.
Just like me again BC...no monitor but medication, plus type 2 diabetes, cervical spondylosis and other problems too, 10 different tablets a day every day for the last 10 years !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 43 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion
Page 43 of 67Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next