Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

CD burning problem Empty
PostSubject: CD burning problem   CD burning problem EmptyFri May 05, 2017 8:53 am

My son in law had a recording session paid for by my daughter as a birthday present.  He made a CD for us on his computer.  When put into the CD/Radio it makes the most horrendous roaring noise.  In the car it is completely silent.  It runs however perfectly well on my computer using Windows media player.  Any ideas please as to what he can do to make us a CD that runs on all apparatus.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

CD burning problem 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

CD burning problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD burning problem   CD burning problem EmptyFri May 05, 2017 10:19 am

My first guess would be it was an MP3 recording. A lot of older CD players will not play MP3 music - it is either silent or a loud hiss.

My second guess would be that it was burnt at too high a speed. If burnt at 40x, try 24x etc.

My third guess would be that there are too many tracks on the CD for some of your players. Get him to reduce the number of tracks as an experiment.

My fourth guess is that none of the above will work..........

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

CD burning problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD burning problem   CD burning problem EmptyFri May 05, 2017 10:49 am

I will let him know what he says. I also wonder if he is using Windows CD burner. I can't see him paying for Nero.

Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

CD burning problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD burning problem   CD burning problem EmptyFri May 05, 2017 11:05 am

Best to use the computer find out what sort of file(s) are on the disk. Audio tracks on a CD bought from a shop carry the .cda file extension. If the tracks on your CD are something different, then try copying them into the computer and use some sort of format converter that will convert the files to .cda.

I don't have much experience with format converters but read that 'Freemake' converts other files to make audio CDs. Maybe take a closer look at that. If you decide to install a free format converter, look out for those potentially unwanted programs that might come bundled with it.

Once the files are converted, burn them to a new CD and try playing it.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

CD burning problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD burning problem   CD burning problem EmptyFri May 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Very many thanks to those who replied.  All is done and dusted OK now.  I ran the CD on the computer OK in VLC Player, but it would not run in the house player.  I tried putting the CD in the computer, then selected the drive that held the CD, and the tracks showed up individually as VLC files.  I dragged them one after the other onto the desktop, and then opened NERO. I dragged the files into NERO and low and behold burned a CD successfully.    Thanks again for the help.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CD burning problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD burning problem   CD burning problem Empty

Back to top Go down

CD burning problem
Page 1 of 1