meerkat12
The Beast
malcolm
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 44 ... 68  Next
AuthorMessage
-pops-

What's on your menu today - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:49 am

Beef Curry today made with the leftovers of yesterday's braised beef. Having it with potatoes cooked in with the curry.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:27 am

Haddock with curly fries and mushy peas tonight.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

What's on your menu today - Page 20 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:02 am

Roast chicken, roast spuds, carrots, cauli, swede and broccoli and lots of gravy.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 10:22 am

We are out to lunch today with 6 friends. Big lunch means no evening meal.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:08 am

Pork chops with apple sauce, sage & onion stuffing, roast spuds & carrots and savoy cabbage.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 10:03 am

My usual Friday evening sandwich of canned mackerel in olive oil, with thick slices of onion.

Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Needless to say:  Fish, Chips and mushy peas.   eat2

Fish sourced from our favourite fish monger; Chips - Fresh Maris Piper chunky Chips via the Actifry; and the inevitable mushy peas.  thumb

..What's on your menu today - Page 20 Irene_10
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Chinese style curried chicken with chip shop chips....tasty !
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 8:06 am

Flash fried steak strips in my own tomato sauce & pasta. Green salad as a side dish.

I'll write out the rceipe for the sauce in another thread - it's dead easy to do.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 8:12 am

Strangely enough that's the kind of thing I am planning.
Wok fried strips of sirloin steak and thinly sliced vegetables in a tomato sauce, served with fried rice.

Followd by slices of Lemon Drizzle Cake.........I'd better get on with all the prep yes murgs dance
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 8:19 am

andsome wrote:
My usual Friday evening sandwich of canned mackerel in olive oil, with thick slices of onion.

We changed our minds and had stir fried beef with Mexican style rice and Hoi Sin sauce last night.  Today we will have Tiger baps filled with sliced roast chicken.  I will have thick slices of onion on mine, and 'Er indoors will have sliced tomato.

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 8:25 pm

My meal tonight was a I slice cheese toastie with a bottle of San Miguel Especial beer (instead of my normal large glass of full bodied Merlot or Malbec).

I don't usually eat at lunch time but we had visitors so I had to nibble at a small ham sandwich to be sociable. Hence I declined a proper meal tonight.

I have set a target of a weight of 76.5 kg which I reached when I was 25 and have tried to maintain ever since. I weigh myself regularly and only allow myself an increase to 77 kg at which point I cut back on the amount of food and alcohol I consume. It's more difficult in the winter because I exercise less due to not being able to walk much in cold weather which sets off my angina. Hence I eat less for more days.

My dedication and will-power niggles my wife who is constantly tempted by food. But still manages to keep fairly trim

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:40 pm

Dogs ran down a wallabie this am -  poor bugger broke it's leg escaping and I had to hold off the dogs and put it down in the time  honored way up here. Then what to do - well very healthy meat -so took the dogs home and came back for the wallabie. Best way to butcher is string up  in a tree by its neck [bit gruesome for the ladies perhaps] then gut it [these can be boiled and kept for the dogs later] Sharp chinese chopper is handy [no jokes alan]. Cut of the tail with one clean slice and save for later.

the main succulent meat is in the thighs of course and both legs can be easily removed with a sharp instrument [me chopper!]. finely slice the thigh meat for instant breakie barbecue of save and sautee for later meals.

had a lovely instant breakie with wild mushrooms and pouched eggs - delicious - it's nice to taste the wallabie meat with no additives or sauces sometimes.

the tail - slice down one section vertically and peel off skin like a glove to expose a lovely boned tail - this can be sliced into segments and put into a pot with a variety of vegetables for soup throughout the day.

I did spice up the remainder of the thigh slices with garlic, ginger, sesame oil and soya sauce for the evening meal.

It's not often we get a wallabie they are too fast but this was a young one!

rosehip ginger chilly wallabie  stew

What's on your menu today - Page 20 Dsc_9068_01
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 7:51 am

Doesn't wallabie meat need hanging before it is edible?
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 7:53 am

Ham & asparagus pancakes in cheese sauce today.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 8:55 am

We have bought Kangaroo steaks and burgers.  VERY NICE TOO.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your menu today
Page 20 of 68Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 44 ... 68  Next