andsome
AlanHo
Ciderman
davo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage

Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxxidental Jottings   Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 8:40 am

I was in the Army andsome, we went where we were told to go. Unfortunately California wasn't on the cards.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oxxidental Jottings   Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 10:34 pm

Finally settled into the sons place on the coast and started relaxing with some bourbon and Cuban cigars and thai nic nacs. Their house is always chaotic which I love – and everyone does their own thung. Constant visitors dropping in and out – my son calls his back porch the ‘vortex’ were east meets west and it certainly does – so there are thai-english-ozzie -brits conversations going on at the same time – I had a siesta for a while and they were still at it later. Xmas lights everywhere indoors and outdoors and it will their first family at home for xmas for 4 yrs – wot an honor! Rest of the family 2dys away down south in the big city and mine back in the bush - blended! just made it hissing down rain
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: Oxxidental Jottings   Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 7:47 am

That sounds fantastic, davo.  santa

-----------------------------------------
..Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 Irene_10
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Oxxidental Jottings   Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 8:05 am

davo wrote:
Finally settled into the sons place on the coast and started relaxing with some bourbon and Cuban cigars and thai nic nacs. Their house is always chaotic which I love – and everyone does their own thung. Constant visitors dropping in and out – my son calls his back porch the ‘vortex’ were east meets west and it certainly does – so there are thai-english-ozzie -brits conversations going on at the same time – I had a siesta for a while and they were still at it later. Xmas lights everywhere indoors and outdoors and  it will their first family at home for xmas for 4 yrs – wot an honor! Rest of the family 2dys away down south in the big city and mine back in the bush - blended! just made it hissing down rain

I'll have some bourbon but will pass on the cigars thanks hat hat hat

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oxxidental Jottings   Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 7:46 am

Whilst residing in old 'ho' I discovered that the winter nights could be quite chilly and as we had a large flat with a small three bar electric fire I purchased a kerosene burner [empty]. Went to the local garage next day for topping up the car and asked for kerosene “solly sir no can sell – you go rice shop” what  the feck are they talkin about I mused!
But sure enough all rice sellers sold kerosene even to this day I do not see the connection but maybe rice was cooked on kerosene burners. Certainly the garages did not sell the stuff!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oxxidental Jottings   Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 12:12 am

Travels through Thailand -Part One

My son once lived in the country for many years, eventually marrying a local girl. I traveled the length and breadth of the country sometimes on hair raising journeys. we stayed in Chantaburi where he was teaching English of course at the Rampi Parni College, once a summer residence of the King and family. He had his own pad with attached empty swimming pool and no aircons. at night you slept with the windows open but with plenty of fly wiring. I think his pad had once been the home of one of the Kings secretaries and you could imagine its former glory with a full swimming pool and splashing and laughter. Now not enough staff to clean it, keep it clean or use it I guess. There was also still a motor museum with some very flashy cars from bentleys to rolls.

Chantaburi is in parts close to the Cambodian border and we were out touring in a minibus one day when the family we were with decided there was a nice little market just over the border which of course was fenceless but NOT defenceless! my son said to us in the back keep ya heads down as we pass these thai border police. we did but someone popped up to soon. we got to the markets with the police in hot pursuit and insisting we leave immediately - I suppose we could have been arrested?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oxxidental Jottings   Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 11:09 am

We finally had to finish our holiday which had first involved catching up with the lad in Malaysia and staying at a middle of the range hotel organized by my Malaysian friend in OZ. we had three single beds and my son and I chatted well into the night whilst the wif snored away peacefully.

Next day we caught a rambling old bus which climbed through the mountains of the Cameron Highlands our next destination. This area was truly magnificent. Again we picked a middle of the road hotel which had seen better days but had a guest lounge from which all the corridors led off. We sat in old leather bound chairs which had also seen better days and smoke our first cigars. Asia always involves food and the streets overflowed with small family restaurants, where you could either sit in side - hot and clammy or get a pavement table clammy but cooler! the dishes are overwhelming and you have to decided what not to have before choosing what you would like to have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxxidental Jottings   Oxxidental  Jottings - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxxidental Jottings
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: Public Bar and Lounge-
Jump to: