Admin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45 ... 67  Next
AuthorMessage
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 6:03 am

morning all
that's not good Malcolm thought Clarks shoes would last forever
rained here all night its stopped now thank goodness
have a good day folks
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 9:51 am

Good morning - Cool and rainy today
Lamb chops, Lyonnaise potatoes, cabbage, carrots, parsnips, cauli and mangetout for later along with back-to-back episodes of Corrie.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:24 am

Good morning - A nice sunny start to the day after a dull and wet day yesterday. I didn't do anything yesterday but I expect we'll have some of the family visiting later today.

A very unexpected thing to happen to Clarks shoes Malcolm. It kind of ruins faith in the Brand. I suppose the only good part is that it happened before the funeral and not during the time you were there.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 8:29 pm

I complained to Padders about some shoes I had worn only a dozen times. The soles were breaking up. They asked me to peel back the lining inside the heel and provide them with the code number I would find there. Which I did.

They reported back that like other leading manufacturers, their shoe soles were made from bio degradable materials with a service life of about 5 years for ecological reasons.

My shoes were just over 6 years old. Sad but true - I was not able to obtain any compensation.

I now have fewer shoes in my wardrobe and wear them more often to get the maximum use out of them.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 6:51 am

Here is a copy of their nonsensical reply to my email.
I have highlighted the nonsense

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with regards to your husband's shoes. I was sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the quality of the product. 

We're very proud of the quality of our footwear.  To make sure we keep to the high standards we've set for ourselves, we carry out extensive testing on all our new materials and designs before they go on sale.

From the images you have sent it looks like the man- made materials used in making the shoes may have degraded over time.  This process can be increased by various factors, including the temperatures and levels of humidity that the footwear is exposed to.  Many man-made materials can occasionally lose their elasticity with age and prolonged storage.  These circumstances may eventually cause the sole unit to break down when flexed.

We have examined your shoes, and can confirm that they are over 6 years old.  Their condition is not due to a fault with the materials or construction method used, but due to natural deterioration through age and storage which is known in the shoe industry as hydrolysis.

As both manufacturer and retailer, we carefully follow the guide lines set down by trading standards.  We give consideration to complaints on adult’s footwear up to six years after purchase.  This is the period that is deemed to be reasonable time in law during which we, the manufacturers, can be held responsible for breakdown and/or deterioration of product materials.

I hope you will understand that we cannot guarantee that our shoes will last forever, but we do our best to make them long lasting.

As a business we took the decision to offer a goodwill voucher to the value of £10 if we received returns of this type, and to disregard the time that has passed since purchase and the absence of proof of purchase.  We do this as a gesture of goodwill to our loyal customers for one pair of shoes.

I would therefore kindly advise that I have issued an e-gift for the amount of £10.00.  Your e-gift will arrive in a separate email within 2-3 days.  The e-gift can be used in any Clarks store in the UK and ROI, this excludes online or other stockists and is valid for 2 years.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Sean
Consumer Advisor
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 7:14 am

morning all
well Malcolm  at least you got something back :;smile: :;smile:
nice morning here  murgs dance murgs dance

don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 10:19 am

Good Morning - Sunny and fairly warm for the time of year.

Regarding the shoes, a similar thing happened to me years ago. I'd never have expected the materials used in making shoes to biodegrade but as I found out, they do. The sole separated from the upper while I was wearing the shoes on an evening out. Highly embarrassing.

I let it go because I'd had the shoes a long time and couldn't remember where I'd got them from. Otherwise I might have had a grumble.
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 6:15 am

morning all
still very warm  :;smile: :;smile:
no sign of that storm they forecast   murgs dance murgs dance murgs dance

don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 am

Good Morning -Warm and dry as yet with some sunshine promised.
Clarks have updated their offer from £10 to £40....I have refused and demanded £60 or a voucher for a pair of new shoes of my choosing as replacement.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 9:10 am

Good morning - More cloud about than yesterday but still nice considering it's October. No plans today. I should really be cutting some tree clippings down to size so they can go into the bin but I'm wary of them now. It's fairly certain that is was cutting down a Dogwood tree/bush that was the cause of a rash that is better now but still not completely gone (do a search on 'dogwood rash'). I'll try to wait a few weeks until the leaves of the cuttings are dead.

It looks like the game is afoot with the shoes Malcolm (well, someone had to make a pun :))
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 9:30 am

That's a really nasty rash caused by dogwood Mart....there's none around these parts thank God !
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 6:39 am

Windy but dry in North Herts.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 6:41 am

Good Morning
After a lovely day yesterday today is drizzly rain
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 7:11 am

morning all
wet and very windy here :stormy: :stormy: :stormy:
but its still warm

don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 8:57 am

Good Morning
Very wet today with non-stop rain promised all day ! rain

Just swapped my broadband over to fibre taking up Talk-talk's offer.
For just £26.95 per month I get free telephone calls 24/7 and 7days a week including line-rental, and lightning fast BB speeds
I am delighted !

Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 Captur10
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:33 am

Good morning - It's raining today, so we won't be going far.

A good price for what you're getting there Malcolm. Our Virgin Media monthly bill has crept up over the years and I am thinking of doing something about it when the contract is up.

For the equivalent of what we have, BT would come out at about £25 per month cheaper. Then again, they can't provide the sort of broadband speed that VM cable can. Then again (again :)), do I really need one that is as fast as this? Probably not.

Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 306872828
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + your weather report
Page 23 of 67Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45 ... 67  Next