Mart
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Windows 10 updates - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 updates   Windows 10 updates - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 8:51 am

I know the feeling Malcolm. It's easy to think that something has gone wrong when the update takes ages. The main thing is to just wait and wait because the process is still most likely doing its number-crunching unseen in the background.

I've read of cases where the computer has been switched off because the computer was thought to have hung when it really hadn't. The result being a messed up update.

When the next big update comes around (and if we're still both around :)), maybe discuss the merits of bypassing Windows Update and getting the update via Microsoft's 'Media Creation Tool' page.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 updates   Windows 10 updates - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 10:26 am

Mart wrote:

When the next big update comes around (and if we're still both around :)), maybe discuss the merits of bypassing Windows Update and getting the update via Microsoft's 'Media Creation Tool' page.
That sounds like a good idea Mart.....I'm still taking the pills (10 a day) so if they're still working at least I have half a chance, how about you ?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 updates   Windows 10 updates - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 9:32 am

I'm OK Malcolm - Just had the results of the kidney scan and the lump in it may have grown slightly. Nothing urgent though. They will do another scan next year to see what the growth rate is (if any). Then a word with a surgeon to discuss if I want them to do anything about it.

Apart from that, one blood pressure pill a day. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 updates   Windows 10 updates - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 updates
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4