Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

windows security app Empty
PostSubject: windows security app   windows security app EmptyThu May 28, 2020 6:43 am

Hi Mart
What do you think of this FREE app ?
Should I get it ?
Windows security app
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: windows security app   windows security app EmptySat May 30, 2020 8:24 pm

It's not one that I've tried Malcolm. Like all security products, it's best to try and get beneath the advertising hype and find some reviews. Also read some comments from those who have installed and used it. TotalAV isn't free. Like other similar programs, it has a limited free version with more features if you pay the price. The longest review and list of opinions I can find is this one. If you can't stand reading the whole page, skip to the verdict and then read the comments.

https://securitygladiators.com/totalav-review-worth-reading/

It's always difficult to decide what security programs to use. TotalAV has now been tested on AV-Comparatives and you can see a graph showing how it measures up to other products (follow the link below). AV-Comparatives is a reputable review site and I think if they have gone through the trouble of testing TotalAV, then it won't be a scam product as some have said in comments.

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-feb-mar-2020-factsheet/

More and more people these days are saying that Windows 10's own Defender is perfectly adequate, especially if Malwarebytes is used in conjunction with it. This is probably true but I prefer to use Bitdefender paid version at present.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: windows security app   windows security app EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 6:01 am

Thanks for that Mart....after reading all that information I think I'll stick with 'Defender' and my free AVG and my Malwarebytes, they all seem to work OK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: windows security app   windows security app Empty

Back to top Go down

windows security app
Page 1 of 1