drinks for the serious drinker

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

drinks for the serious drinker Empty
PostSubject: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 12:19 am

Mr Ciderman now we have an expert on board a serious question:

at the moment we have two bottles of tawny and don't know whether they are port of muscat.

1. Seppeltsfield - Para - Grand Tawny  OZ

2. Mc Way 10 yr old - Hardwood Grand Tawny

number 1 tasted more like a muscat to me - but I have never determined the difference between muscats and ports?

ta

ps: yes I can google but this is more fun and keeps the stats moving upwards and onwards!
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am

Depends what grapes they used. Muscat are a variety I would think relate to muscatel. It's a bit like port but made with different grapes. I haven't seen 'tawny' applied to a muscat but 'tawny' is usually long barrel aged port as opposed to 'Ruby' ports which are more fruity and less complex.

(There does that sound professional?) yes

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 5:13 am

Ciderman wrote:
Depends what grapes they used. Muscat are a variety I would think relate to muscatel. It's a bit like port but made with different grapes. I haven't seen 'tawny' applied to a muscat but 'tawny' is usually long barrel aged port as opposed to 'Ruby' ports which are more fruity and less complex.

(There does that sound professional?) yes

well who am I to argue!! - you mentioned Portugal  in your illustrious career - we also have a Old Friends white port - Porto Calem imported from Portugal - very smooth - hic - hic! drinks for the serious drinker 1695888395
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 11:30 pm

any comment ciderman on my last comment - abuse it or you'll lose it! porto calem
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 8:58 pm

I've only just found this Davo!  :;smile:    Don't know that particular one but generally speaking anything from Portugal is worth having, (unlike France and Spain- not to imply that Spain and France are rubbish - they go from brilliant to bloody awful)

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 10:40 pm

thanks ! hat

drinks for the serious drinker 9k=

got this gif thing off - here is a gif [t] for ya CM

white port
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 10:19 pm

just put my second home brew barrel down 25 lrs of coopers real ale and costing me 60 cents per 1.25ltr bottle! drinks for the serious drinker 1695888395
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 2:46 am

Coincidentally Davo, yesterday I kicked off a Black Rock Whispering Wheat ferment should be finished in about 10 days and ready to drink in about 8 weeks.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 6:36 am

oh got ya beat there CM - one week ferment - bottle -  one week rest and then start drinkin!  drink
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 8:10 am

:;smile: Well you can drink it while it's still fizzing Davo, but a bit of time does improve most of 'em.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 8:42 am

Ciderman wrote:
:;smile: Well you can drink it while it's still fizzing Davo, but a bit of time does improve most of 'em.

problem is time isn't improving me!! mind you a few weeks in your garage would be good! sweep
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 6:09 pm

I seriously drink Australian Black Stump Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve.

But - from my several trips to Oz I know you keep the best stuff to yourselves - even the beers.

Fosters just doesn't do it for me.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 8:46 pm

coopers do a vintage ale [special] 7% proof - steady on after the second - mind you I do love those 7% ales made by the monks in belgium but expensive
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 9:37 pm

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 10:44 pm

I think either in OZ or europe there began a battle about who could produce the strongest beer - they got up to 40% for beer - wot is the point - we have to enjoy it rather than it blot us out. after two bottles of coopers vintage I definitely have a break - steady on laddie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: drinks for the serious drinker   drinks for the serious drinker Empty

Back to top Go down

drinks for the serious drinker
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next