Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks Empty
PostSubject: THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks   THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 11:45 am

Bacteria from excrement is found in ice at Starbucks, Caffe Nero and Costa

Faecal bacteria found in ice samples at Costa, Caffe Nero and Starbucks

BBC Watchdog programme led investigation into coffee chain health standards

All three chains say they are launching own probes into how this occurred

Faecal bacteria has been found in ice at three major high street coffee chains, according to an investigation.

Samples from drinks at Costa, Starbucks, and Caffe Nero were reportedly found to be contaminated in lab tests carried out by BBC One's consumer series Watchdog.

Faecal coliforms, which contain disease-causing pathogens, were present on 7/10 ice samples in Costa, 3/10 in Caffe Nero and 3/10 in Starbucks, the BBC said.

Tony Lewis, Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, told the programme: 'The level of contamination of faecal bacteria concerns me a great deal. The bacteria found are opportunistic pathogens - the source of human disease.

These should not be present at any level - never mind the significant numbers found.'

Cleanliness of tables, trays, and high chairs at the chains was also tested at the branches in Salford, Greater Manchester.

A Starbucks spokesman said it takes hygiene 'extremely seriously' and 'nothing is more important' than customer safety. 'We have moved quickly to conduct our own investigation into the claims about the stores,' he added.

'All employees nationwide have received updated training on our high standards of hygiene including ice handling.

Source : Daily Mail Website. 28.06.17

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks   THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 11:49 am

I should be OK then Alan. That is three companies we haven't got in our Town.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks   THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 11:55 am

Never been in any of 'em I just would never pay the absurd prices for a cup of coffee.
There is a Methodist Church in Preston town centre where we go when we need refreshment when shopping....pot of tea for two £1.20, toasted tea-cakes 50p !!
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks   THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 11:56 am

I have heard this before Alan and never have ice in my drinks since.

We recently had a meal in Lanza on completing our meal which was not that great. We went around the back to go home.

Looking at the chef he a was sweating all over the food and wiping his face and hands on his apron, 

Don't use the front line on the sea fronts restaurants folks. 

I use the local Canarian ones much cheaper and decent grub. I have only found two. One vegetarian and another, fish and meat one. 

If you go for dish of the day he gives you a free glass of wine and free dessert.

Most restaurants are out to get your money folks  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks   THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks Empty

Back to top Go down

THis May Put You Off Your Iced Drinks
Page 1 of 1