Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

microsoft 10 won't accept another printer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: microsoft 10 won't accept another printer   microsoft 10 won't accept another printer - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Davo

I guess that printer of yours is very old and canon may not have designed it to work on W10. I just looked at the latest manual and driver info for your model and it talks about Windows 7 and 9. Perhaps even the latest driver can't cope with Win10

Fortunately, inkjet printers are cheap - I am long on idleness and short on patience. By now I'd be buying a new printer after first checking to ensure I can buy compatible inks for whichever machine I chose. 

I have an OKI colour Laser for general printing (I need to do a lot each month published minutes of meetings, and newsletters etc for my Social Club) and a 3 year old Epson inkjet for scanning and rare photos on glossy paper. I can get compatible inks for the Epson at a quarter of the price of OEM ones.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

microsoft 10 won't accept another printer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: microsoft 10 won't accept another printer   microsoft 10 won't accept another printer - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2021 1:39 pm

I think maybe you have spotted it there it is a few yrs old printer very little used and just bought an expensive black inject cartridge - but I am a ffffflipplin capricorn so will keep on fffffflipinb trying!!
Back to top Go down

microsoft 10 won't accept another printer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2