Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Microsoft Edge Browser Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Edge Browser   Microsoft Edge Browser EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 3:29 pm

I noticed Malcolm mention this in the Good Morning thread.

I think Edge could be a browser of choice now because it is based on Chromium and the 'Blink' engine. This means it should be about the same performance as Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers such as Opera and Vivaldi, both also very good browsers.

Browsers based on Chromium might all be different in the features they offer but under the bonnet, they share much of the same code. About the only browser that is completely different is Firefox.

I will be giving Edge another try as the default browser. The last time I tried it was for some online supermarket shopping. It was fine until it came to paying. Edge would not transfer me to the bank's authentication page. I had to open the site in Firefox and pay. Fortunately, I didn't need to do the actual order again because the site had remembered it.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Edge Browser   Microsoft Edge Browser EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 7:36 am

I rather like it Mart, but I think I prefer Firefox...I like the familiarity and I feel comfortable with it.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Edge Browser   Microsoft Edge Browser EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 8:49 pm

I'm still using Firefox. A funny thing with Microsoft. They never really succeed in wining people over to their browsers.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Edge Browser   Microsoft Edge Browser EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 8:27 am

Firefox has lots of add-ons and extensions that I find useful like ad-blockers and Text-area cache that I really rate.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Edge Browser   Microsoft Edge Browser EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 9:36 pm

I find that Edge works very well on my phone but not as good as Google Chrome on the laptop.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Edge Browser   Microsoft Edge Browser EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 12:13 pm

I'm still finding Edge to be as good as any other browser. In theory, it ought to be about the same as Chrome because it's based on the same code. Since it is based on that, it is possible to add extensions that work with Edge from the Chrome Web Store.

There is a Chrome Textarea Cache extension that installs in Edge if ever you want to try it Malcolm..

Textarea Cache

As an adblocker, I'd recommend uBlock Origin, available as an extension from Microsoft..

uBlock Origin

Go to both places using Edge to install them.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Edge Browser   Microsoft Edge Browser EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 1:01 pm

Just down loaded the latest version of Edge.

They have certainly improved it and I may give it another try.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Edge Browser   Microsoft Edge Browser EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 1:48 pm

Thanks for that Mart I'll be trying them out tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Edge Browser   Microsoft Edge Browser EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 2:14 pm

I am finding that Edge works very well now on my laptop.
Much better than last time that I tried it.

When I pay one of my credit card bills, Chrome won't do it but it goes through on Edge no problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Edge Browser   Microsoft Edge Browser Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Edge Browser
Page 1 of 1