davo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 5:37 am

Good morning -cloudy but bright today.
Nice pictures BC ... you must have a very good camera !
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 8:10 am

morning all hello hello
not a bright bit dull might brighten u
p later murgs dance murgs dance

-----------------------------------------
don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 11:18 am

malcolm wrote:
Good morning -cloudy but bright today.
Nice pictures BC ... you must have a very good camera !

Good morning Malcolm and all.
The pictures are taken on my IPhone 11, and yes it does take quite good pictures.
And of course it does very good videos as well.

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-11-03-40-png 
Good Sunday morning/afternoon/evening/night to all my Forum friends.
Another busy day on today seeing as it is going to be really nice.

If you want you can look below at live CCTV feeds from outside my patio door all the way from Colwyn Bay/Rhos On Sea here in North Wales.
Eight miles from Llandudno.

Cameras may be off for a while though if we are lounging on our swing hammock.
In that event.
Please try again later.

Looking towards the Sea here in Colwyn Bay:

Shared Live Stream | Nest

Looking towards railway bridge:

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 Happy-sunday-drink

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 ItsGoodToTalk
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 11:27 am

PS.
I am copy and pasting my pictures, and that doesn't alway work.
How do I post pictures here off my IMac or IPad or iPhone?
I have tried various ways but it doesn't work for me.  cry

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 ItsGoodToTalk
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 5:54 pm

Boozercruiser wrote:
PS.
How do I post pictures here off my IMac or IPad or iPhone?
I have tried various ways but it doesn't work for me.  cry
Have a look here it may help https://murgatroyds.forumotion.net/f14-forum-help-and-hints
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 5:57 am

Good morning - Another bright and pleasant day with lots of sunshine promised
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 am

Good morning - It's going to be a sunny day and warmer than of late. More allotment for me. I just like to spend a few hours there and on a nice Spring day, it's even better. Good to see all the plants starting to grow.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 8:52 am

Boozercruiser wrote:

They are good quality photos. Some info about posting images that might be useful though.

I notice the photos are posted on another forum. Then a link to the photo on that forum is copy/pasted so the photo shows here. The other forum might not mind this but it does use their bandwidth and somewhere along the line, the amount of bandwidth usage might to be paid for (server costs). To avoid that, best to sign up to a proper image hosting service. I use Imgur. Open an account, upload your photos to that and then link to them there.

https://imgur.com/

Also, photos uploaded straight from a camera or phone tend to be big in physical size and file size. Your photos are 4032 x 3024 pixels in physical size and 4.45 megabytes in file size. The resolution of an average computer screen is a lot less than 4032 x 3024 pixels, so when viewing a photo of that size, it can be a lot bigger than the screen. I think some image hosting sites cut the physical and file size down automatically to avoid excessive bandwidth usage and make images a more suitable size for Internet display. Not sure if Imgur does that or not.

The file size can make a difference to how quickly an image shows in people's Internet browsers, so best to try and cut the file size down a bit if possible before uploading the photo to the Internet. I always transfer a photo to the computer, use a program to resize it and then upload it to Imgur. Resizing it also cuts the file size down at the same time and makes it better for loading into people's internet browsers, especially if their Internet connections aren't very fast.

Most of my images are made to be around 700 x 400 pixels. Less than 300 kilobytes in file size. That seems about right for display on the Internet.

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 Yjhg3yI

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 4HDsTVc

Last edited by Mart on Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 9:08 am

I've found the best way to post pics on here is to use the forums own method of hosting an image as I have illustrated here in the ribbonGood Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 Clipbo13
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 am

We're having a morning out today...going to Southport for a fish and chip take-out and a stroll along the pier. murgs dance cool
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 9:16 am

malcolm wrote:
I've found the best way to post pics on here is to use the forums own method of hosting an image as I have illustrated here in the ribbon

Another good way of doing it. I see it does the resizing operation. I guess you still have to upload the image to a host and provide the link to it?

Edit: I was looking at the wrong icon. I see it is also an image host as well as doing the resizing.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 10:38 am

malcolm wrote:
We're having a morning out today...going to Southport for a fish and chip take-out and a stroll along the pier. murgs dance cool
haven't been to Southport in many a long year - how is it these days a sleepy lagoon or busy litter bin?

we are having a cool day today 34C
Back to top Go down
Boozercruiser
Boozercruiser

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 11:05 am

Good Morning all. yes
Thanks for opinions regarding posting pics.
Mart.
As you quite rightly have noticed my images are copy and pasted from a weather thread I post on HIP Forums.
I do a simple copy and paste of my post there simply to save me time, as otherwise I would have to start my post again on here, and I simply do not have the time for that.

https://www.hipforums.com/forum/threads/todays-weather-report.503741/page-115

Particularly with summer lovely days arriving.
Even now I am trying to do this post quick so as to get out for the day.

Regarding using hosting to post photos from.
I pay monthly for 100gig of storage for my photos and stuff with Google photos.

This means that when I take a photo on my IPhone it immediately synks  to my IMac Computer plus my IPads and all are kept safely in Google Cloud so that is my hosting situation.

I will have a word with Admin on HIP Forums to see if I am creating problems or costs for them.
But if you look at my Avatar over there you will see that I am a HIP supporter.
This means that I pay a subscription so as to help support the forum.

With help I think I have sussed out how to post a pic on here from my Google Photos...

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 Screenshot-2021-04-19-at-10-40-16-png 

Good Monday morning/afternoon/evening/night to all my  Forum friends. Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 Clear
Another busy day on today seeing as it is going to be really nice.
We are off over to Conwy today for a lovely day out.
I hope you guys have a lovely day as well!

If you want you can look below at live CCTV feeds from outside my patio door all the way from Colwyn Bay/Rhos On Sea here in North Wales.
Eight miles from Llandudno.

Looking towards the Sea here in Colwyn Bay:

Looking towards railway bridge:

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 E6b0572f2c4cdd0ff44cacfee66b0121

Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 12:05 pm

Hello BC :) - I think one advantage of using an image hosting site (Imgur for instance) is that it's a central place. If you post on more than one forum, the same link can be used from there and so it becomes quick to do.

I have seen problems with linking to photos on Google. The links are often hugely long. Not only that but the links can work for a while only to stop working a few hours/days later.

I think this is because although Google is a storage place for files/photos, it isn't really a place for linking to photos in order to show them in forums (called 'hotlinking'), so the links can break from time to time and leave blank spaces where the photo should be.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 12:29 pm

Hi K - just realized there seems to be a lot of traffic noise around your garden there - is that regular or fixed times? and get ya lawn cut occasionally will ya? haha  oh and below this box I'm typing in there seems to be 2-4 pairs of jocks with someones hand in them - they're not yours are they - look a bit small on second glance - no not the hands the jocks!!   sweep and I'll brush ya patio while I'm around??
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 1:59 pm

14°C and Sunny in North Herts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion   Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion - Page 49 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + your weather report and general discussion
Page 49 of 67Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next