HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work?? Empty
PostSubject: Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work??   Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work?? EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 12:33 am

enlightening news for the brits!!

visitor stats
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work??   Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work?? EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 7:45 am

Wonder how many of them outstay their welcome!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work??   Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work?? EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 am

Anything that brings money into the country must help. As someone who used to live her Davo, you'll know that we have plenty of attractions for tourists. However, an aspect of UK that worries me is that, if tourists stray away from the well-kept tourist areas, there are a few things that will give a poor impressions of our land.

Tourist areas are well-kept and litter is picked up regularly. Roads, buildings, open areas and footpaths are kept in good order. Away from that though, I think there are some areas that look a bit tatty.

I have relatives who live in a tourist area of Germany. The area is well-kept and tidy. I'm quite patriotic about our country and when they come to stay with us, there are good places locally I can proudly take them to. However, although our own immediate area is OK, it does leave a bit to be desired in its upkeep and I wonder what our German relatives must think.

I sometimes get a bit embarrassed by the state of road surfaces, footpaths and the litter that people feel it is OK to drop. These are things that don't seem to apply where they live ..and the miles of surrounding area.

I'm not all that well travelled but is this the case in other countries in the World? Good where the tourists go but sometimes not so good off the beaten tourist tracks where the populace live?

Another aspect that could leave tourists with a poor impression of UK is traffic congestion on some of our main roads and motorways. We're a relatively small bit of land with a dense population in many areas and this leads to too many cars. Never enough parking spaces at the end of journeys. Tourists might spend a lot longer travelling short distances in UK than they spend travelling long distances in their own countries.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work??   Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work?? EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 1:12 pm

you've hit the nail on the head too many people and not enough space but I would think that places like Cornwall and Devon keep themselves in shape - cities seem to be difficult to keep clean - I lived in HK once and the city areas could get grubby - it took ages to train people not to spit in public for example!

keeping a country clean involves adequate service but also a national pride - two things that seem to be missing in UK perhaps?? hat
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work??   Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work?? EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 9:58 am

davo wrote:
..keeping a country clean involves adequate service but also a national pride - two things that seem to be missing in UK perhaps?? hat

I think money comes into it a bit as well. Councils are forever getting budget cuts.

Money will always be found to keep the tourist trails clean and tidy. This does include a lot of places in the west country. Also, I suppose some younger people don't put much importance on the look of where they live. A bit of litter on the ground or weeds/greenery that doesn't get trimmed back from the footpaths doesn't really matter to them.

I read that residents are starting to form groups that go out with litter-pickers, cutters and other tools to keep their area tidy. I hope this catches on more.

Back to the topic though. I'm pleased that people aren't put off coming here (or anywhere) due to terrorism. I want tourists to come here and spend money because it's good for the nation's finances. Being a true British patriot, I also want them to go back home with a good impression of the place. The aspects mentioned would possibly taint that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work??   Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sure evidence that terrorism doesn't work??
Page 1 of 1