Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 pm

I had a system that would rival yours Davo - but I did as Gandalph suggested by fastening the multi socket extension to the wall behind my monitor and also shortened each power lead to its minimum length to reach its target.

It was 2 hours work well spent
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 11:46 pm

oh no alan you haven't been playing with the superglue again have you??? fire dept!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 12:20 am

problem is I can never get my times to match with their times!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 8:06 am

I don't like to see wires trailing and go to some trouble to hide them. It might be a throwback to the job I did. Had to keep television/video recorder leads neat and tidy ..out of sight altogether if possible.

I've got a desk with a back on it for putting my computers and the associated parts on (built to purpose). There's also a television with a surround-sound unit standing on it. It's the usual 'plate of spaghetti' behind the desk but a minimal amount of wires are showing above it. Only the ends of phone charger leads are visible.

There are a couple of convenient but hidden mains switches for turning items right off instead of leaving them in stand-by.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 am

will there ever be a day without wires I wonder??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 1:45 pm

davo wrote:

There already is davo. I won't go into boring depth with it though. It consists of a large circle of wire hidden behind the wall and is wired to the mains of the House. On the consumer side of things you need the right type of pick-ups to manage the electricity flow from it to run your gear. It's called inductance wiring but hasn't taken off yet but I think it will in future House Builds.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Gandalph                         I won't go into boring depth with it though.              .

Please will you bore me.  I find the inductance wiring idea very interesting.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Gandalph wrote:
davo wrote:

There already is davo. I won't go into boring depth with it though. It consists of a large circle of wire hidden behind the wall and is wired to the mains of the House. On the consumer side of things you need the right type of pick-ups to manage the electricity flow from it to run your gear. It's called inductance wiring but hasn't taken off yet but I think it will in future House Builds.

can you give me a sense in years I ain't got  long really and I am sure as hell not putting it in for others!!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Here's my computer corner and where I watch most TV:

dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 DAkiBOs

Telly on the left, a Linux laptop in the middle and W.10 Desktop computer on the right.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 10:13 pm

you didn't tidy all that up for the shot did ya?  no snooze chair?? and not a wire in sight
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 10:59 pm

The laptop was sitting where the fan is placed Davo but it was a bit awkward to use there, so I shifted it earlier today to where you see it now. Even so, that's about how it looked before. The wires were hidden as they are now. All tucked down behind the desk and running from one side to the other in a channel that I built for them.

I do sometimes snooze in that chair. Note the footrest under the desk. All very comfy. :)
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 12:08 am

I have a bed in my office for late night sessions! and masses of cases for books and dvds cds etc ma man hole but I like it untidy - I look out onto the bush and in the distance the granny flat - will take a pic soon [not of the man cave] 🎸
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 12:39 am

dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 Img_0216

ah well here it is part of the ozzie bush outside of me man cave [window open but fly screen in place!] this was taken at 730am 12C shutter speed - fast -flash speed - bloody fast - what I hate about takin these photos is having to attach  the bloody camera to the pc and wait for download - I need a camera that takes pics and then I just point it at the pc press a button and pics are magically transferred - any suggestions gandalph; mart; catgate - oh OK then gldie as well and we may as well include those other two shy ones Mal and Alan Ho Ho Ho! there are often one or two wallabies feeding right outside too but someone cut the wild grass a few weeks back [not me] and so they are foraging elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 1:31 am

I don't think there are any cameras on the market that will do what you want davo. It's still a case of taking out the SD card or camera and plugging it into the computer and doing the transfer manually.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 4:39 am

Gandalph wrote:
I don't think there are any cameras on the market that will do what you want davo. It's still a case of taking out the SD card or camera and plugging it into the computer and doing the transfer manually.

in this day and age unbelievable!!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 7:08 am

davo wrote:
I have a bed in my office for late night sessions! and masses of cases for books and dvds cds etc ma man hole but I like it untidy - I look out onto the bush and in the distance the granny flat - will take a pic soon [not of the man cave] 🎸

I'd never say any preference is the right way Davo. The preferences a person has is only the right way for them. Regarding photos, have a read of this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/209493/how-to-automatically-upload-photos-from-a-digital-camera-not-just-a-smartphone/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

dear Elelctonic Expert!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next