dear Elelctonic Expert!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

dear Elelctonic Expert! Empty
PostSubject: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 1:33 pm

In my little office I have a pc which I am typing on now and a tv set up with HDMI cord for instant communication and headphone that allows me to listen to all communications silently [well not exactly] but I have TWO extension boards and 9 plug ins - one is my recharge mobile wire thingy that seems to get tangled in the wheel of my chair - can you advise how this can be simplified and made safer??
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 3:48 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about Dave, I wish I could help but I think you might need another Ausie who speaks 'Strine'
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 9:15 pm

Post a photo so we can see what you refer to.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 9:24 pm

the problem is I only have ONE wall socket? - all electrical needs have to come from that! I am power mad/ But I do note that the webmaster and his new moderator came to my assistance quickly and I will be eternally grateful for that be Jesus! 🎸

forgot to mention my dvd player too - it does need power to play doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 11:43 am

All the items you mention don't use a lot of power, so it should be OK to keep running all of them from the one wall socket via your extension boards. It's only if you were to run air conditioners, heaters or other items take kilowatts of power that you'd have to worry about overloading the wall socket.

Hiding the multitude of mains leads and connecting leads is always a challenge but with a bit of planning and re-routing, it is normally possible to hide them somehow. This doesn't affect the safety but just helps to make things a bit neater.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:53 pm

many thanks Mart I will try to take a photo but I am not into neatness!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:51 pm

here I think is my problem NO not taking photos - quite good at that!  before you use the word "appalling" beware I have a very good lawyer who freezes up at this word! the thing going into the wall is my TV aerial forgot to mention that! oh and that brown thingy on the left side is me bongo drum!! - I do bongos - oh and on the far right me knee nice eh - keeping cool!

dear Elelctonic Expert! Img_0215
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 3:14 pm

They need fixing to the wall davo. That way all the cables are out of the way. On the back, take a look, there may be some mirror brackets in the back of the extensions. It there are, then measure their centres then affix a couple of screws to the wall (about three inches up from the floor) and slide the extensions onto them. That way all the cables will be neat and tidy against the skirting board.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 3:23 pm

I would suggest you  "get a man in".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 3:25 pm

catgate wrote:

shy
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 3:34 pm

catgate wrote:

can I have a woman??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 3:35 pm

davo wrote:
catgate wrote:

can I have a woman??

With good look's like your's davo, I would say anytime you like.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Gandalph wrote:
They need fixing to the wall davo. That way all the cables are out of the way. On the back, take a look, there may be some mirror brackets in the back of the extensions. It there are, then measure their centres then affix a couple of screws to the wall (about three inches up from the floor) and slide the extensions onto them. That way all the cables will be neat and tidy against the skirting board.

I like it ; I like it now how do I fix the mirrors to the wall so that I can see what I am doing?  sweep yes well I'll work on that and get back to yuz all! - thanks sun
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 4:43 pm

"how do I fix the mirrors to the wall so that I can see what I am doing"

Many people have tried string  with little success others have tried nails. I suggest a good thick coat of Super Glue ..."sticky side" inward.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 pm

I had a system that would rival yours Davo - but I did as Gandalph suggested by fastening the multi socket extension to the wall behind my monitor and also shortened each power lead to its minimum length to reach its target.

It was 2 hours work well spent

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dear Elelctonic Expert!   dear Elelctonic Expert! Empty

Back to top Go down

dear Elelctonic Expert!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next