3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Our June Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Our June Holiday   Our June Holiday EmptyFri May 12, 2017 1:44 pm

For several years, every June, we have one or two week holiday with two couples who are close friends.

We always leave it to our official travel agent –  my wife Libby – to find a suitable place. Not an easy task for her to find a place with 3 en-suite bedrooms, WiFi, well equipped kitchen, off road parking, great views, local village with good pub etc. This shopping list is reflected in the high hire cost which we split 3 ways.

This year we are renting a rather splendid barn conversion near Ullswater which is well off the beaten track.

Libby had all the directions Emailed to her by the agent a couple of days ago which included an attachment giving the directions on how to find it and other pertinent facts. It was quite comprehensive – but the evil me decided it could be improved.

I downloaded her Email and edited the attachment to expand  each paragraph. She clearly didn’t read it because she forwarded it to our friends for their information.

She had a phone call yesterday from one of them who was really concerned and suggested we should demand getting our money back. He told Libby that the travel would be a nightmare and took strong objection to the house rules and the implied threat for us to lose our deposit. Libby said she had only glanced at it – but would read it and phone him back.

She printed off a copy whilst I was in the study and read to the end of the first page before she realised it was a spoof. She then remonstrated with me for dropping her in it whilst I was doubled up laughing.

I still can’t believe one of them fell for it – but he took it with good grace when sent the proper version.

The other friends knew straight away it was me up to my juvenile tricks again but enjoyed it anyway

Here is where we are staying

https://www.lakeland-cottage-company.co.uk/lake-district-cottage/bank_barn_-_wreay/

Here are the (spoof) directions for getting there.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AsWeojYaF3Xu3wOrqwYiZjVDh9CI

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Our June Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our June Holiday   Our June Holiday EmptyFri May 12, 2017 2:03 pm

What are you like Alan  :;smile:

Lovely part of the world and looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Our June Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our June Holiday   Our June Holiday EmptyFri May 12, 2017 8:42 pm

Goldie wrote:
What are you like Alan  :;smile:

I would like to think :-

In looks  - Brad Pitt
Physique - Tarzan
Intellect  - Einstein
Wealth    - Richard Branson
Health    - Your average 18 year old

That's what I would like to think I'm like - sigh.Our June Holiday Count_11One can dream.......

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Our June Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our June Holiday   Our June Holiday EmptyFri May 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Our June Holiday 1695888395
Back to top Go down
Hetty
Hetty

Our June Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our June Holiday   Our June Holiday EmptySun May 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Looks very nice, Alan!  Enjoy.

I live near the South Lakes so am more familiar with the area around Windermere etc.
Back to top Go down

Our June Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our June Holiday   Our June Holiday EmptyMon May 15, 2017 1:18 am

Loved to spoof directions. drum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our June Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our June Holiday   Our June Holiday Empty

Back to top Go down

Our June Holiday
Page 1 of 1