Ciderman
davo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

the church of England stands firm Empty
PostSubject: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 11:53 pm

the report is out and for the gay community not looking good. they can of course get married anywhere in the Kingdom but NOT in a church of England. and the argument from the church view point is simple - scripture which we uphold does not condone or support gay marriage?

They have pointed out that all gay peoples are welcome to worship in the church of course!
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:58 am

And to pop something in the donation box! I think it is very unwise of them to criticise God's quality Control failures!

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 8:44 am

There is a collection box in the entrance of our local church labelled "For the Sick and Needy"

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 10:03 am

All of this is a load of rubbish.

The church of England and the church of Rome would collapse if all the gay clergy and various hangers-on left their "calling".

I have known two CofE clergy since my student days. Both of them became bishops. Both came out to their friends as gay and both have lived with another man for very many years.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 10:19 am

That's telling 'em pops. Good on yer mate (they will understand that phrase)...the church of England stands firm Clappi13

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:00 pm

-pops- wrote:

The church of England and the church of Rome would collapse if all the gay clergy and various hangers-on left their "calling".

I have known two CofE clergy since my student days. Both of them became bishops. Both came out to their friends as gay and both have lived with another man for very many years.

have you got any recent stats on this - at a guess what percentage of gay clergy do you think there are in UK?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:01 pm

-pops- wrote:

have you got any recent stats on this - what percentage of the clergy do you think are gay in fact?
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:23 pm

I don't have any figures it's the information passed to me by the two bishops I know.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:39 pm

all conjecture then? - my personal conjecture is that the percentage of gay clergy is very small this was told to me by two priests in USA!
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Assuming your two priests, davo were not gay, the truth of the matter probably lies half way between the two opinions.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 9:35 pm

Do these two priests Confess to each other?

"Forgive me Doris I have not sinned"
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 9:57 pm

The gay ones strive to become Bishops because they like the big hats, gold trimmings and the long frocks. 

This skews the statistics of what percentage of the clergy are gay.

They do say 10% of the population are gay - we have more than 10 members - so who is the one?

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:19 pm

AlanHo wrote:
The gay ones strive to become Bishops because they like the big hats, gold trimmings and the long frocks. 

This skews the statistics of what percentage of the clergy are gay.

They do say 10% of the population are gay - we have more than 10 members - so who is the one?

well if you can get into this alan ya mine!!

Well there's gonna be a freakers ball
Tonight at the freakers hall
And you know, you're invited one and all

Come on babies grease your lips
Grab your hats and swing your hips
Don't forget to bring your whips
We're going to the freakers ball

Blow your whistle and bang your gong
Roll up something to take along
It feels so good it must be wrong
We're freakin at the freakers ball

Where all the fags and the dykes they're boogyin' together
The leather freaks are dressed in all kinds of leather
The greatest of the sadists and the masochists too
Screaming "Please hit me, and I'll hit you"

Dr Hook and the Medicine Band
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 11:16 am

I always thought Dr. Hook needed serious councilling .
It just shows that his medicine band would have been more efficacious round his head.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Never heard of whoever it is...the church of England stands firm Musik010

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the church of England stands firm   the church of England stands firm Empty

Back to top Go down

the church of England stands firm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next