meerkat12
The Beast
malcolm
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 68  Next
AuthorMessage
-pops-

What's on your menu today - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 8:09 am

Beef casserole with a baked potato today.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 am

Just having me first cuppa and chilling  got my thinking cap on   morn  yes
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 8:19 am

Polpettone for us today simmered in tomato sauce with sauteed potatoes.

See Here
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 am

Barnsley lamb chops and salad.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

What's on your menu today - Page 39 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Creamy Tomato & Herb pasta bake with Courgettes and Cheese; and accompanied by butter-flied and pan-fried Breast of Chicken.

..What's on your menu today - Page 39 Irene_10
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Good old fish and chips.  Yes we do have them. Best eaten out of the paper  drum
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 9:21 pm

I sometimes (or often) eat fairly unhealthily. Today was one of those days. It was:

BirdsEye Chicken Chargrills, frozen chips, half a dozen frozen battered onion rings and a small tin of baked beans. When I say 'frozen' I mean cooked from frozen of course. :)

I'll have to do quite a bit of brisk walking or bike-riding to counteract that lot.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 9:24 pm

Mart my hubby had a heart attack a few weeks ago and stents fitted . I have been quite strict with his diet but today we had a splurge and why not  rocket
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:46 am

Don't know whether to go out to Southport for a Chinese lunch, or to stay home a make a Biryani for me and baked Salmon fillet for my lovely wife.
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:51 am

Goldie, following my first heart attacks in 1999 I was seen by a dietician (I was a bit fat) and given a quite strict, but fair, diet to follow. At the end of the consultation she said "and once a week but not more often, forget all of this and eat to enjoy yourself."

Today my dinner is the other half of the casserole made yesterday served with herb dumplings.
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:15 pm

To-night i have had 4 thick slices of Lambs Liver 2 large sausage,and mashed potato.
The Liver came from Tesco and is very cheap i usually buy 2 full Livers and slice it myself
2 large Livers for £2-40 good value.

What's on your menu today - Page 39 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:17 pm

malcolm wrote:
Don't know whether to go out to Southport for a Chinese lunch, or to stay home a make a Biryani for me and baked Salmon fillet for my lovely wife.
Malcolm when we go to Southport we have our lunch in the Swan next to the Bold Hotel on Lord St.--very good value try the fish without batter. cool cool

A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:39 pm

We had a good hot stew today.....
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 6:54 am

ourjimmy wrote:
malcolm wrote:
Malcolm when we go to Southport we have our lunch in the Swan next to the Bold Hotel on Lord St.--very good value try the fish without batter. cool cool

We've been going to the Bold for more than twenty years Jim, but never been in the Swan, but I think e may give it a try...thanks !
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 8:24 am

Simple meatless dinner today: pasta (haven't decided which, yet) with a cheese & tomato sauce made from my own recipe simple tomato sauce (detailed elsewhere) with small (1cm) cubes of extra mature Cheddar cheese added at the last minute so it is just melting when poured over the pasta. Important not to over-mix the cheese. The idea is to have strings to wrap around your fork.
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 am

Malcolm-the Bold has been refurbished and very expensive--i was caught out a few months ago --the swan is down the alley-way at the side of the Bold--as you go in turn left better seating. :;smile:

A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your menu today
Page 39 of 68Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 68  Next