malcolm
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 68  Next
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

What's on your menu today - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 8:47 am

Tiger baps with medium rare beef slices and thick slices of onion for me.  'ER indoors will have sliced tomato on hers.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 11:38 am

Onions 2 nights in a row andsome, I dare not do that, and I live alone teacup
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 12:24 pm

I have onions everyday dizzy yes every day
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Duck breast, fresh egg noodles and either steamed green beans and tenderstem broccoli or curly kale.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative methods of cooking kale, which will enhance the duck breasts and noodles?

-----------------------------------------
..What's on your menu today - Page 27 Irene_10
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 1:16 pm

For kale how about removing tough parts, shredding and blanching for a couple of minutes in boiling water, draining and stir frying in a small amount of oil (with some sesame oil mixed in).

You can deep fry it as well until crisp - similar to the seaweed of chinese restaurants. Sprinkle a bit of sugar, salt and five spice powder on it when done.

Note: ensure the kale is dry before depp frying!

Last edited by -pops- on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Spaghetti Bolognese . It's my traditional Saturday Dinner.
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 2:02 pm

-pops- wrote:
For kale how about removing tough parts, shredding and blanching for a couple of minutes in boiling water, draining and stir frying in a small amount of oil (with some sesame oil mixed in).

You can deep fry it as well until crisp - similar to the seaweed of chinese restaurants. Sprinkle a bit of sugar, salt and five spice powder on it when done.

Note: ensure the kale is dry before depp frying!

Thanks -pops-, I'll let you know which one I do.  ;)

I shouldn't really deep fry, but that sounds tempting!

Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 2:25 pm

The deep fried kale should be reasonably low fat if you fry it until crisp shake it well on kitchen paper It seems to be when it's soggy that it holds more fat.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Oven roasted turkey legs with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, peas, broccoli. 
I'm on the white wine at the moment.....Local cellar provides it at 62 cents a litre.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 5:35 pm

malcolm wrote:
I have onions everyday dizzy yes every day

I have onions several times a week,and garlic very frequently

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

What's on your menu today - Page 27 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 8:45 pm

-pops- wrote:
The deep fried kale should be reasonably low fat if you fry it until crisp shake it well on kitchen paper It seems to be when it's soggy that it holds more fat.

I must admit, I backed out from the thought of deep fried kale and opted for oven cooked...

It was delicious!! This was the recipe which I used:  Salt & Cinnamon Kale Chips .  Mmmm!

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 8:57 pm

We had a rather nice bottle of Australian Cabernet Sauvignon for dinner this evening accompanied by spaghetti Bolognese and followed by a large glass of Benedictine liqueur with Lavazza coffee with a generous splosh of Irish Cream.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 9:31 am

-pops- wrote:
Might try putting a few lengthwise sliced shallots in with the chips.
I used two shallots. Big problem was that there weren't enough! Have to use more next time. Definitely worth doing. I'm sure onions would do as well, the only reason I used shallots was that I wan't sure hou much to include and I didn't want to have a part used onion hanging about.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 9:37 am

A bottle of chilled Chablis accompanied by Roast turkey crown with veg, stuffing and cranberry sauce.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 9:38 am

Slow cooked lamb shanks in mint and rosemary gravy,with roast spuds,carrots and cauliflower

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

What's on your menu today - Page 27 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 9:43 am

I'm trying something on the lines of Huevos Rancheros today - done to my own modifications.

I'll post details if it's successful.

Something like:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/spanishstylebakedegg_67099

Changed my mind. Now having pasta with a chargrilled vegetable and tomato sauce. There are small cubes of extra mature cheddar added to the sauce at the last minute so that there are long strings of melted cheese to wind round on the fork.

Last edited by -pops- on Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your menu today
Page 27 of 68Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 68  Next