Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Good Morning Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:03 am

Good morning everyone
What's happening in your life today ?
We are off to Aldi for the basic foodstuffs to last over Christmas to the New Year. rendeer
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 11:14 am

I have just returned from our butchers laden with the protein for the next week or so.

Management is out with her sister to help her with Lidl shopping - her sister cannot walk far. 

Upon her return we are going to the supermarket together for our weekly shop. Probably Morrisons.

I then have a grand daughters laptop to repair. She picked it up whilst it was being charged and the power cord won the fight with the power socket. It's not the first time either. I previously soldered a new socket to the PCB but the repair has failed again so I bought two replacement boards via Ebay and will keep one in stock for the next time she does it.

It's a right fiddly job dismantling her laptop and is likely to take an hour or two. She doesn't know this but I am going to replace her hard drive with an SSD (cloned with her Windows 7 and all data) and see whether she notices the inevitable increase in speed.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Hetty
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 11:27 am

I went to Aldi at 8.30 this morning, it's only a two minute walk from where I live, so very handy. Didn't need much as I only have to cater for myself plus I'm going to eldest son for Christmas dinner.

Wrapped presents when I got back home and now it's time to sit back and have a nice relaxing day after yesterday's busy one with my grandchildren.
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 1:56 pm

I'm awaitng a delivery from Asda soon. I'll be taken to Tesco and M&S tomorrow to pick up the things forgotten or unavailable from Asda. Plus I'll get a few luxury items from M&S.

It's a damned nuisance being so weak and feeble that I have to rely on others to do the simplest of tasks but, that what comes with advancing years I suppose.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 3:52 pm

You all sound very busy. I've been slothing around. I've hurt me foot so I'm hopping about.

Which means I've had to force myself to do very little today.
Just aswell .. I bet it's getting manic in the shops.
I'm the original Bah Humbug Scrooge and don't do Christmas anyway. teacup
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 4:43 pm

We are having pork and turkey for Christmas - the pork is for me because I don't like turkey.

In the circumstances Sags, I quite understand you keeping a low profile at Christmas.....Good Morning Thursday Ok_zpsb4f02e10

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 4:48 pm

It's my strong survival streak Alan .. the day someone manages to stuff an apple in my mouth I know I'm done for.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 4:58 pm

We are having roast beef instead of turkey this year and turkey on New Year's Day just for a change.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 5:12 pm

With yorkshire pud? I haven't had them for ages.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 5:16 pm

I always make Yorks pudds with every roast dinner Sags....and they are always good and risen and crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, a bit like me drum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Thursday   Good Morning Thursday Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Thursday
Page 1 of 1