4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

I Am Out of Service For a While Empty
PostSubject: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 3:19 pm

I am having difficulty using the computer because my face, lips, tongue and hands have gone numb and with constant pins and needles tingle. The left side is worse that the right.

Hence I spent the day in A&E last Monday having numerous tests in case it was a stroke coming on – but despite a brain scan, several ECG’s, Covid PCR and other tests - they have not found the cause.

They quizzed me about any other medical issues I have had recently the only one being a heavy cold a couple of weeks ago. I tested myself with LF covid home kits a couple of times but they were negative. However, it seems that my symptoms could be a rare side effect of covid causing nerve damage or, since I suffer from angina, heart related. Hence they are going to have me in again for further investigation.

You don’t realise how handicapped you are when you have no feeling in your fingers. Doing up shirt buttons is a bloody nightmare and hitting the right keys on the keyboard is laborious. I’m having to type stuff in word to get the spell checker to correct typos – then pasting it into whatever app I’m using.

Hence I am likely to be here less often for a while.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 4:45 pm

This could be a side effect/interaction of your current medications.
Check them out...alpha blockers are a favourite for this.
I share your difficulties with using your hands .. I have arthritic thumbs and doing up buttons or tying laces is a nightmare.
Good luck with it all I hope you get it sorted soon.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/nifedipine-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20071680
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 10:39 am

Let us hope you recover the exact use of your digits very quickly Mr Alanho and we can see you back here.

Glorious sunny days everyday and more forecast.

I am driving to 'Mataro' today and tomorrow, a town 30 klm down the coast. 
Both Mrs Beastie and I have to renew our residencias and are subject to a lenghthy appointment and having to supply numerous difficultly sourced documents to enable an army of bureaucrats to continue to be employed.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 9:23 am

Well at least you can do it all in the warm sunshine Beastie.
As an aside.....I have just recently developed the symptoms of Labyrinthitis and it is proving to be very unpleasant indeed.
Headaches, dizziness, nausea and feeling generally unwell. groan
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 10:57 am

Im hoping that things have improved for you Alan and you are on your way back to normality again
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 11:11 pm

Frayed Knot Malcolm.

The malady lingers on - left hand slightly less numb but left side of face lips and tongue still about the same.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 7:50 am

Oh dear I'm sorry to hear that..my vestibulitis is improving slowly, it has put me in bed and been very debilitating...getting old is a bugger !!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 11:48 pm

malcolm wrote:
Im hoping that things have improved for you Alan and you are on your way back to normality again

that could range from very difficult to impossible as Alan has never ever been normal ; appears so yes ; pretends to be yes but??
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 11:55 pm

three attempts by three different doctors to cut out squamous cell carcinoma from my forehead just above eye - ffffwarts - couldn't cut a wedding cake proper. deafeness creeping on what? wot dya say?? hear hear! 2 yr waiting list for knee replacement - and when I think about shane warne I wonder  heh? 

now for the psychological ones!!! - oopps you know all them already heh?
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 10:27 am

You need a veterinarian - not a doctor - to hack through your tough hide. If they dig deep enough they could fix your knee at the same time. 

giggle shy

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 10:36 am

I love all baldies including you baldie! - glad you've become alcoholic only way to be in these hard times!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 10:52 am

In addition to my other maladies I suffer from male pattern hair loss and priapism due to excessive levels of testosterone. 

I have spent a lifetime fighting women off.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 11:25 am

NO NO! alan ya don't fight em off - ya let them satiate themselves and claw at ya hairy chest - and charge a fee too!!
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 12:04 pm

Are you getting any better Alan ?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 3:19 pm

""  I Am Out of Service For a While"" - isn't that wot the bishops daughter said to the sailor? - just come to cheer you up a bit mate - if we are all goin down with maladies may as well have a laugh on the way.

now I am goin deaf already daft; l have the same disease as EC anyone know that one? - and probably associated with deafness have lost almost all my balance mechanism but can still walk slow!! slow quick quick slow??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Am Out of Service For a While   I Am Out of Service For a While Empty

Back to top Go down

I Am Out of Service For a While
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next