Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Petrol Panic Buying Empty
PostSubject: Petrol Panic Buying   Petrol Panic Buying EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 3:30 pm

The governemnt announced yesterday that the worst areas in England for fuel shortages are the Greater London area and the Midlands.

It is not our experience in Solihull. There are 5 petrol stations within a 2 miles of our house and all of them have had fuel since Wednesday.

Surprisingly - our nearest Morrison's petrol is still 127.9 but all the other stations have put it up. The highest being 136.9.  Also the petrol at Morrisons in Sheldon - about 3 miles away - is 134.7.The difference between 2 Morrisons 3 miles from each other seems barmy.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle

Last edited by AlanHo on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Petrol Panic Buying   Petrol Panic Buying EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 12:24 pm

It's been a frustrating week as I travelled to London on Monday for a Covid swab and a blood test which the hospital require 2 days before the biopsy. That went reasonably smoothly, although the transport arrived at 6am and only got me to the hospital by 8:30 for a 9am appointment.

Everything done and dusted and I was home by 11:30, although there were queues along the Finchley Road at petrol stations, they were mostly in the other direction.

I was called by the hospital later that afternoon and advised that they had postponed the biopsy for a week which meant that I would need another Covid swab on Monday 4th Oct and could I get one locally.

I really don't understand why I can't get one locally but I have finished up having to travel to London again on Monday, just for a swab.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Petrol Panic Buying   Petrol Panic Buying EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 7:14 pm

Bad luck Purwell - hope all goes well this time.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petrol Panic Buying   Petrol Panic Buying Empty

Back to top Go down

Petrol Panic Buying
Page 1 of 1