Buying on credit from Currys PC World

Go down 
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Buying on credit from Currys PC World Empty
PostSubject: Buying on credit from Currys PC World   Buying on credit from Currys PC World EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:12 pm

We recently purchased a new washing machine from Currys PC world. I was about to pay with my credit card when I was offered free finance for 6 months. It seemed foolish not to accept this offer even though the amount was only a little over £400. The request for credit was declined by Creation consumer finance. No explanation was offered. I checked my credit rating with Equifax PLC as they had supplied the rating to Creation. I have a perfect rating of EXCELLENT, having NEVER failed to make any payments on or before the due dates. Our credit card and bank accounts were all highly rated. We would not mind if a good reason had been offered. I contacted Creation, and received an e mail by return asking for our address. This was supplied again by return. All this was on Monday 22-09-2014. To date no further e mails have been received from Creation, despite sending three chasers. This has put a black mark against my credit rating, even though I have an excellent record.My advice is that if offered credit by Currys PC World, ask if this will be via Creation Consumer finance Ltd, if so unless you want to risk a black mark against your name, decline the offer.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Buying on credit from Currys PC World 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Buying on credit from Currys PC World   Buying on credit from Currys PC World EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:23 pm

This is on the internet. BEWARE of this company.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1180059

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buying on credit from Currys PC World   Buying on credit from Currys PC World EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 6:44 pm

Would not touch them with a barge pole after they sold me a grey import then refused to
sort it out when it would not accept any installations,updates etc.

The branch manager who towered over me and said in a very menacing voice "Curry's never ever give refunds". to which I replied "Maybe you didn't but that was until I purchased something from you and You will give me a refund".

I involved Trading standards and Hewlett Packard and my money was on the table within the week. Done and dusted.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Buying on credit from Currys PC World   Buying on credit from Currys PC World EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:53 am

To date I have no complaint with Currys, I will wait until The machine arrives. I have always avoided Face Book like the plague, but have now relented, and posted about Creation Consumer Finance on Currys Face Book page.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buying on credit from Currys PC World   Buying on credit from Currys PC World EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:00 am

andsome wrote:
To date I have no complaint with Currys, I will wait until The machine arrives.  I have always avoided Face Book like the plague, but have now relented, and posted about Creation Consumer Finance on Currys Face Book page.

I suppose that is one way of putting yourself on their hit list Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Buying on credit from Currys PC World   Buying on credit from Currys PC World EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:21 am

I will hire an armed guard. :D

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buying on credit from Currys PC World   Buying on credit from Currys PC World EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:24 am

andsome wrote:
I will hire an armed guard. :D

If you are now on Faceache you will need one drum
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Buying on credit from Currys PC World   Buying on credit from Currys PC World EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 12:02 pm

:D :D :D :D :D

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying on credit from Currys PC World   Buying on credit from Currys PC World Empty

Back to top Go down

Buying on credit from Currys PC World
Page 1 of 1