Goldie
davo
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Is there evil in the world?? Empty
PostSubject: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 pm

There sure is this is what crossed my yahoo page this morn

Dad set young daughter on fire because 'she was too beautiful'

Machete-wielding thieves 'savagely hack' young dad during alleged break-in

Student from exclusive private school accused of raping drunk teen while mate filmed

Hammer used to smash man's skull 'like an egg' after failed drug deal, court hears

and this is just the tip of the iceberg and many are drug induced incidences

wot has the world now gone crazy or as the biblical predictions quote there will be increased mayhem in the end times before the Christ returns??
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 11:14 pm

I believe there is Davo. Nursing for 42 years gives you great insight into human physchi.

I have seen and heard terrible incidences of cruelty over the years,  most in connection with children and the elderly. 

None of the above surprises me. Humans are  a cruel species.

Look at social media for instance.  batman
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 1:56 am

"Evil in the world" ?
Sure. Always has been, always will be.
Human nature does not change.

Throughout recorded history, man has inflicted all manner of horrors upon his neighbour.
Sometimes to gain power or territory, sometimes for greed or lust, sometimes just for "fun" - 
but very often in the name of some ridiculous 'god'.

The Hebrews (under orders from 'Yahweh') apparently slaughtered Philistines, Canaanites, Moabites and heaps of others - men, women, children - even the animals. Or so we're told.  
Crusaders (in the name of Yeshua) were up to their armpits in blood in Jerusalem and elsewhere.
The Inquisition devised all manner of exquisite tortures - and burning 'witches' was all good fun as far away as Salem.
Attila the Hun and Vlad the Impaler compete in modern times with Hitler, Stalin, PolPot, Idi Amin and heaps of others.
Incas and Aztecs, native Americans, Australian aborigines and others around the globe can tell tales of monstrous atrocities committed by our forebears.
Slavery still exists.

Some might say that even Dresden, Hiroshima and Western actions throughout the Middle East have the whiff of "evil".
Certainly, AlQaeda, ISIS and their ilk are hardly 'white-hat' good-guys.

Sorry, can't see much changing in the near future.
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:08 am

Evil in the World? Of course there is but one major perpetrator has just died:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39185899
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:11 am

Evil in the World? Of course there is....but let's not forget there is also a lot of good
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:35 am

where did evil and good first come from I wonder - there seems to be a propensity for humans to  adapt both styles of behavior and enjoy their moments whether evil or good?

this is a question that has perplexed the sages over the ages as we struggle through our own lives decided to be either evil or not evil for the day!

is the majority of the world good? or is it 50-50? I always thought buddhism was a very wise and peaceful way of life until I heard of buddhist monks setting fire and killing some Indigenous group living in Myanma - I was shocked - surely not buddhist monks??
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:41 am

It was not the Buddhist monks who did the killing .... it was the people inside the robes !
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:58 am

are you suggesting that there where people masquerading as buddhist monks? and if so do you have clear evidence?
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 9:08 am

I think as an analogy. All religions are guilty of committing crime. Look at King Herrod killing all those babies. Believe it was his fear of baby Jesus

Doesn't matter what religion you are, evil comes in many guises.

It is just human nature  to pick on the latest news worthy cause.

I find it really tedious when folk mix up ISIS with the Muslim religion especially in Brexit threads..

It doesn't affect us but even name calling the Spanish, Diego or the French Frogs or any name calling is not on in my opinion. It's rather embarrassing though when the Brits come to the island and do not even stop to think about the remarks they make. You wait till we are out and on our own. We know many of the locals and our secret code between ourselves is. Me no understand sir with a wink and a smile from the waiter.

Does question,  why come here in the first place then.  sweep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 3:12 pm

-pops- wrote:
Evil in the World? Of course there is but one major perpetrator has just died:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39185899

Yes pops. But lets not forget who started the trouble over in Ireland to start with. Elizabeth I when she sent Lord Essex over there to bring it under English Rule. If that had not happened then all the trouble in Ireland may not have happened.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 am

we had the similar problem here when Queen Victoria sanctioned the take over of OZ from the Indigenous peoples to become part of the BE - I think it's called colonialism isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:36 am

davo wrote:
we had the similar problem here when Queen Victoria sanctioned the take over of OZ from the Indigenous peoples to become part of the BE - I think it's called colonialism isn't it?

Agree there Davo mind you  the the Portuguese and Spanish did there fair share of plundering. 

Glad the indigenous people's got their deserved recognition  just like the Indians in America.

I just can't get to grips with the napalm in  bombings Vietnam. Sorry Davo I was on holiday in Bali enjoying a nice meal and chatted to a couple Australian .  The wife lovely. This guy said I was in nam.  Napalmed the g.......

I stood up and said excuse me most people who have claimed to have been in that situation probably weren't and lastly  do you feel proud to inflict injuries on innocent people who still suffer the consequences of injuries to this day. His voice was dominating the whole room and getting louder and louder due to the Amber nectar 

We moved table.  His wife came over and said it's the drink. I said we have no problem with you but maybe he should water the drinks down. We here to enjoy a meal not listen to claimed war stories we just want to enjoy our meal.

Real soldiers like our dad's generation say nothing it's not funny, innocents get killed.

I said to Mr Goldie everyone seems so dysanitised to war stories now.
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 2:29 pm

"Is There Evil in the World ?"

ummmm, Davo, fellow-Aussie, MATE ......
the answer is quite obviously "yes".
Always has been:  always will be.

Not sure where you're leading with this question - or this Topic ?
Perhaps it is a matter of degree - and, historically, it is just that, in modern times, the evil bastards have a greater capacity to inflict greater damage ?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 pm

when we climbed out of the mud onto the beach were we evil then or is it a fight for survival -  the fittest survive - I always have to be better than you and kick ya arse for my bit of turf?

but mother theresa never did that in fact the opposite
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Its government that send men or boys to war. 

Having had services family members understand totally Davo. My dad was in the artillery WW2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there evil in the world??   Is there evil in the world?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there evil in the world??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next