Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

A petrol Price Saga Empty
PostSubject: A petrol Price Saga   A petrol Price Saga EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 9:32 am

Our nearest service station is half a mile from our house - a BP station with a large Spa store that is popular. The price of petrol there yesterday was 134.9.

Half a mile further down the main road is a Morrisons Store and service station - the price there was 122.9. Exactly 12p less per litre. To add to this price lottery a Morrisons service station that is actually nearer to home in the opposite direction but which takes, due to traffic, longer to get to is charging 129.9.  It's mad.

Guess where I went to fill up and thus save £4.80 on 40 litres.

However, I had a problem - after queuing for about 5 minutes to get to a pump the damned filler flap on the car failed to open. I kept commuting to the driver's door to press the flap release button and could hear the solenoid clicking - but the damned flap refused to budge - so I drove home without refuelling.

I pulled up on the drive, pressed the button and the flap sprung open..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have sprayed some silicone lubricant on the locking mechanism in the hope it will stop it happening again.  If not - the car is under warranty and it is for the dealer to fix - but I have a horrible feeling it will not misbehave for the dealer and they will think I'm crazy.

What are petrol prices like in your area ?

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: A petrol Price Saga   A petrol Price Saga EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:33 am

I always fill up at Morrisons in Preston.... never check the price, I know it will be the cheapest
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: A petrol Price Saga   A petrol Price Saga EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 3:49 pm

I never need to fill up at all - it just keeps runnin -me old ticker and me!!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: A petrol Price Saga   A petrol Price Saga EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 9:18 am

I so rarely use the car these days that the cost of fuel doesn't matter too much. The local BP garage is only a couple of hundred yards away, so I just use that. I'm not sure what today's petrol price is over there. I can't remember when I bought petrol last time but there is still half a tank left, so no need to worry yet.

I need to use the car tomorrow but since it has been unused for so long, I trickle-charged the battery yesterday before trying to start the engine. It started on the first turn and I drove it around the block just to make sure it still goes OK ..and that haven't forgotten how to drive it.  yes
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: A petrol Price Saga   A petrol Price Saga EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 9:43 am

Like you Mart I rarely us?e my car, but I take it out for a drive every Saturday morning when there is very little traffic and driving is a pleasure it's around a forty miles return trip, just enough to keep the battery charge in case of emergencies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A petrol Price Saga   A petrol Price Saga Empty

Back to top Go down

A petrol Price Saga
Page 1 of 1