Admin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:25 pm

I don't envy you - my wife works one day a week in a local Hospice charity shop. They don't sell any electrical items because they need PAP testing which is not worth the cost to them.  Some charity shops do however take a chance that the item is safe.

I never cease to be amazed at the stuff that gets handed in - at the top end Burberry handbags and Rolex watches - at the bottom end encrusted sauce and frying pans - even bags of unwashed grimy smelly underwear and unwearable clothing that not even the poorest would be prepared to pay for. My wife wears long sleeved rubber gloves when she is sorting. I honestly don't know why she does it but at the same time admire her thoughtfulness in supporting a worthwhile charity.

The problem of being donated rubbish, is in part due to the fact that the public recycling and waste tip is 7 miles away. In our area of Solihull there are numerous retirement apartments and private retirement housing estates (we live in one). House clearances are a regular thing with such a high concentration of oldies like me and it is easier for relatives to dump their parent's stuff in the local charity shop than take it to the tip. Hence roughly 70% of donated stuff goes straight into the shop's waste and recycling bins and skips.

Another interesting statistic is that shoplifting is a major problem and probably worse that in commercial retail shops. Staff are usually minimal and too busy sorting through the donations to monitor the shop. Plus, some people think that because the charity was given it free - then it's not really stealing.

Makes you wonder if we will ever get back to the social standards we were brought up in.

Having said all that - I'm sure that the reason the task is such a chore for you Malcolm is perhaps because, like other caring people, you are carefully sorting the wheat from the chaff.
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 pm

morning all
another cold start to the day cold cold

-----------------------------------------
don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Cold but bright here with sunshine promised for later cold sun
Yes Alan sorting the wheat (charity shop and Freegle) from the chaff (waste bins and recycling and waste tip) is the headache, and we still have a long way to go !!
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Cold but bright here with sunshine promised for later Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 1386733313 Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 2111545863
Liver and onions with boiled spuds, cabbage and cauliflower for our meal today. eat
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Good morning - Sunny and not cold here today. We're going to Asda this morning and will be taking a walk along to the doctors this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 2:29 pm

morning all
another cold start but at least its dry for now murgs dance murgs dance

don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Cold and damp here with sunshine promised for later Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 1386733313 Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 2111545863
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Good Morning - Bright and mild for the time of year. A trip to the dentist for a check-up this morning. A double appointment for both Mrs Mart and myself. I might go to Halfords this afternoon to look at some electric bikes.
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 2:14 pm

morning all
very mild again here strange weather
 one day freezing one day like spring what's going on murgs dance murgs dance murgs dance

don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Cold and damp here again, more clearing out junk again ! groan
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Good morning - A grey day here. I'm about to go and ride an e-bike this morning. Not sure if I'll buy it though. A trip to see my brother this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
jenkay
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
jenkay

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 2:57 pm

morning all
very cool this morning cold cold

don't worry be happy
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 7:15 pm

A beautiful sunny day here today, a bit cold but still a lovely day ! sun
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Non-stop rain here for the last 72 hours and loads before then. Still raining now. Local towns and villages cut off and rivers bursting banks. Sadly a couple of people lost their lives as well. Many small holdings and the animals lost as well.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Cool and grey here.....Birthday party for us today for my lovely Linda murgs dance yes

Son.....
Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 Cimg0610 and ....
Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 Cimg6111beautiful granddaughters
together with great grand kids Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 Img-2010coming to eat lots of goodies..... and leave lots of tidying and washing up for us to do   groan
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Good morning - A nice family Malcolm. I hope you had a really good day with them.

It's grey and rainy here today but the Asda shopping trip must still be done.

We went for a birthday curry last night with my schoolfriend and his wife. We are both 74 now. :)

I'm expecting to pick up an electric bike any time now. I bought it just before the weekend but it needed a couple of extras fitting. Hence the delay. I won't be riding a bike in this weather anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning + your weather report   Good Morning + your weather report - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning + your weather report
Page 27 of 67Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next