HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

any yorkshire men here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

any yorkshire men here? Empty
PostSubject: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Did you hear about the dyslexic Yorkshireman who wore a cat flap.
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 5:55 am

Was he the agnostic who lay awake all night wondering if their really was a Dog?

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 am

come on CM ya need more stars like the all blacks!!
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 am

I had a friend, up to about twenty years ago, who had a motorcar/motorcycle electronics business.  He was a wizard.

Unfortunately he was disloxtic, and as a result once or twice  a month he would arrive with a letter for me to "write" for him.

He was a keen motorcycle racer. He raced a sidecar outfit and every few weeks he would bring me a big chunk of aluminium and ask me to make him another rear wheel hub. He had got so much power out of the engine that if he did not feed in the power steadily the power would rip out the rear spokes and in doing so it would convert the hub into scrap metal.

At the time I had a BMW 1000cc touring motor bike which took us all over. One day it started being reluctant to start and not being able to find the cause of this I rang him.
He appeared later in the day with a little black plastic box (matchbox size) with a couple of bits of wire hanging out.

He fitted this under the tank and fed a little length of wire into the engine.......Problem cured!

I am not sure where he is now. He sold his business and went down to live in north Wales. We went to visit him a year or so after his removal and I am sure whoever is reading this now is thinking why is this idiot telling us about a matter which is of no interest at all to anyone except himself.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 12:47 pm

was he a yorkshireman??
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 2:31 pm

davo wrote:
was he a yorkshireman??

He was but he did not wear a cat flap.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 4:09 pm

catgate wrote:
davo wrote:
was he a yorkshireman??

Great. But did he wear a cat flap?

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

any yorkshire men here? 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 7:08 pm

andsome wrote:
catgate wrote:
davo wrote:
was he a yorkshireman??

Great. But did he wear a cat flap?

Seven pence.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 pm

You've got me in a flap now

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 pm

It's all to do with inflation and the cost of fish.
I can remember when I was a lad blah, blah, blah.
My aunty had a fish and chip shop and that's something you can't sneeze at..
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 1:03 am

catgate wrote:
I had a friend, up to about twenty years ago, who had a motorcar/motorcycle electronics business.  He was a wizard.

Unfortunately he was disloxtic, and as a result once or twice  a month he would arrive with a letter for me to "write" for him.

He was a keen motorcycle racer. He raced a sidecar outfit and every few weeks he would bring me a big chunk of aluminium and ask me to make him another rear wheel hub. He had got so much power out of the engine that if he did not feed in the power steadily the power would rip out the rear spokes and in doing so it would convert the hub into scrap metal.

At the time I had a BMW 1000cc touring motor bike which took us all over. One day it started being reluctant to start and not being able to find the cause of this I rang him.
He appeared later in the day with a little black plastic box (matchbox size) with a couple of bits of wire hanging out.

He fitted this under the tank and fed a little length of wire into the engine.......Problem cured!

I am not sure where he is now. He sold his business and went down to live in north Wales. We went to visit him a year or so after his removal and I am sure whoever is reading this now is thinking why is this idiot telling us about a matter which is of no interest at all to anyone except himself.

catgate that was a 'lovely' story on many different levels and I would suggest an interest to many. it has intrigue; humor and little bits of history of our youthful days - yep buddie keep em coming - how about a column "tales from the cats gate"?
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 10:46 pm

"   ....how about a column "tales from the cats gate"?"

There never was a "cats gate".

About 30 years ago we bought an old  farm house  (and some buildings ) to enable us to look after and take care of my parents in the twilight of their years.
The farm was called "Catgate Farm".

This was because the farm was at the start of the lane which lead up to the moors. Cattle were driven up this lane and as a result a gate was put across the road to stop them wandering back into the village.

I suppose "Cattlegate Farm" was thought to be one sylabus too many to  remember !
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 12:49 am

Tales from Cattlegate Farm - yes that's got a good ring to it and I'm sure you have a thousand tales??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any yorkshire men here?   any yorkshire men here? Empty

Back to top Go down

any yorkshire men here?
Page 1 of 1