davo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator

unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 1:48 pm

I have tried to help you meerkat 
Have a word with sags she has more patience than me
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 2:43 pm

I had the same problem Malcolm ...
It wasn't that me and Meerkat were doing anything wrong it was the forum behaving differently. Instead of just the upload to host Image box another appeared requiring log in to a third party site. I think we went around in circles trying to resolve it and weren't successful.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 2:47 pm

well I've been uploading images on my new blog with no prob at all??
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 3:07 pm

sags wrote:
It wasn't that me and Meerkat were doing anything wrong it was the forum behaving differently. Instead of just the upload to host Image box another appeared requiring log in to a third party site. I think we went around in circles trying to resolve it and weren't successful.
I think it's the same ISP and IP problem sags.
You have to get rid of your cache, cookies etc. Change your password restart your browser and log in again then try again to host an image and fill in the pop up box.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 3:27 pm

davo wrote:
well I've been uploading images on my new blog with no prob at all??

I can see ... I've been reading it.  hello
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 3:29 pm

malcolm wrote:
sags wrote:
I think it's the same ISP and IP problem sags.
You have to get rid of your cache, cookies etc. Change your password restart your browser and log in again then try again to host an image and fill in the pop up box.

Sounds an incredible amount of hard work Malcolm ... I'm too old and tired for all that now.
I'm quite happy to sit and admire the images others post.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 4:25 pm

You can use the other ways, like you do on other forums...Photobucket, Tinypic etc.
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 5:18 pm

I know you tried to help Malcolm, and I said I am mainly on a iPad.
Had no bother before it changed.
These people you notified that sent me an email, it was all written in French, I don't speak it.
I'm not on photobucket etc, I cleared my history on the iPad and changed password, but no luck.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 5:40 pm

Yes....iPads are useless
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 5:45 pm

I never have used forum software for posting images. I find it much easier to get a link from a photo hosting site for copy/pasting directly into a forum post. Maybe the photo-hosting site shouldn't be Photobucket now though in view of the recent news on charges.

Most photo-hosting sites give a few different kind of links to copy once you click the 'Share' or 'Get Links' button. It's important to choose the one that says 'BBCode' because this is the one needed for forums.

When the BBCode link is copied, come back to the forum post composition box and paste it into the post. Get that right and photos in posts will show. Always use the 'Preview' button to make sure all is well before trying to post in the forum.
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 6:17 pm

malcolm wrote:
Yes....iPads are useless
iPad works fine on all other forums.!
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 6:19 pm

Not sure of all that Mart
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 6:58 pm

The first step is to open an account with an image hosting site. I've just signed up with IMGUR and that seems pretty good.

https://imgur.com/
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Below is a screenshot of how images look in IMGUR when they have been uploaded from your computer (some instructions of what to do are given in white writing).
unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 FakwsQC

Once the image is open as shown below, see the part outlined in red. This is the correct type of link for making an image display in a forum post. Click the 'Copy' button next to it.
unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 PkRvwoG

This copies the image's location. Now the link can be pasted into a forum post. It should look like this:

unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 AZxA2q7

Press the the forum's 'Preview' button to make sure your photo will display OK.

This is just how IMGUR works. Other image hosting sites will be different.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 9:02 pm

go with mart he's on the start!! drum
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 9:26 pm

Well, we might have wandered from the original topic but this is one thread that hasn't gone without replies. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

unanswered posts!!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next