davo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 5:20 pm

I post the same pictures, jokes and general stuff on 4 forums each time.

On one forum which is very lively - a post will receive several replies and often sponsors a stream of off-topic humour from numerous members

On another forum the same post will be viewed by up to 40 members without a single reply. On the other two forums which includes this one I usually get a response from one or two members but quite a few viewings.

I am happy to see the posts viewed and appreciate a response - but I am not dissuaded from continuing to post because I know that people are looking at them even when they don't respond. They are not being rude but are enjoying the moment on their own.

Hence I understand what you are saying Davo - but can also empathise with andsomes argument.

Hence I am absolutely certain and quite sure that I am ambivalent regarding which is best.

To post or not to post. That is the question

Whether t’is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of the lack of responses

Or to take umbrage against a sea of being ignored, and by opposing, end them

To withdraw, to post no more, and by such sleep to say we end the heartache

and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to. T’is a consummation devoutly to be wished.

To withdraw, to sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there’s the rub.

Last edited by AlanHo on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 6:26 pm

I do have a habit  of looking but not responding. Sometimes I am not sure what comment to make or witty response. I do tend to read most posts though  :;smile:

Last edited by Goldie on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 9:46 pm

I also read most posts too.  

It should be considered that we have private lives and some of us have personal health issues and commitments, which limit our time available.  Members do not necessarily publish details with regard to their personal lives and should not be criticised for it.

A short while ago, there was an influx of new members.  Would it not be worth considering why they are no longer partaking of the opportunity of their membership?

-----------------------------------------
..unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 Irene_10
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 10:22 pm

yes it would and I would guess [ as I know some of them personally] that they consider that the "response rate" in generally is very low and they too have other things to do that get better returns! garden
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 6:34 pm

À chacun son goût  as the  say in some parts.... whist others say chacun À  son goût
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 8:42 am

catgate wrote:
                            À chacun son goût  as the  say in some parts.... whist others say chacun À  son goût

Precisely, catgate.   :;smile:

..unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 Irene_10
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 am

Absolutement, Monseur Chatporte. yes

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

unanswered posts!!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4