davo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member

unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Mart wrote:
The first step is to open an account with an image hosting site. I've just signed up with IMGUR and that seems pretty good.

https://imgur.com/

Thanks Mart ... I'll look into that one. I used to be with Picasa (google owned) but they closed down their image hosting service.

There is one big advantage I like about having a third-party image hosting account of my own.

If you ever want to remove an image you've posted on a forum you can just move or delete the image on the image hosting site and the broken link effectively removes it.
Whereas, on the forum itself ... once your post is past it's editing time it is stuck there.
I like the idea of more personal control.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 10:51 pm

meerkat12 wrote:
To complicated for me, tried it and got the app but then confusion.

I'm going to sign up and give it a whirl ... I'll let you know how I get on.
Mind you .. I'm not using an Ipad so wouldn't need the app.

It hadn't better be headbender stuff or I'm sunk.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 11:17 pm

I'm still getting used parts of IMGUR but the basic uploading, linking to and posting seems fairly straightforward. There is the option to create separate albums, which I have done. Also to post images for the whole IMGUR community to see and rate. I'm not too familiar with that yet and may not bother anyway.

I like the ability to control images too but I know of one forum that insists that images are uploaded to their forum so that members can't move them later. The reason being that it is a forum dedicated to image discussion, creation and display and it would ruin the threads if people moved images about.

Not a forum anything like this one so I hope mentioning it is OK. It's 'Talk Graphics' where the members live eat and breathe image creation, mostly using a program called Xara Photo & Graphics Designer.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 12:39 pm

well we are doing well so far now:

Mal has described in no uncertain words his own frustrations of running this site sometimes and how he would like more harmony and cooperation from all - " it is his site but our forum"

he had a very able bodied moderator with a wiggly tail who IMO did a great job - glad she is still  here and

we now have a new moderator with a tin head - he looks great!

BUT what keeps this site alive and growing is an increase in membership which I haven't seen lately are we al pulling our weight even the ambassador?? and postings - even if you are not interested in a topic you could at least say so

SO IMO this site is about membership [increasing] and increased posting all around otherwise I agree with Mal - why not walk away ?? hat
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Good post Dave....everyone should try to recruit a member or two in order to ensure the survival of the forum, you are doing a great job keeping the place alive with all your posts yes
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 4:42 pm

well in all fairness people do come and go - pumiestone who is an excellent poster has disappeared but his son was involved in some bad weather conditions in Queensland so I hope all is well there - we have lost a valuable poster on another site who we cherished and are hoping it's not for the worst but these things do happen in our age group.  OK will gird up me loins again and go hunting members.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Davo : You look well kitted up for hunting according to your avatar

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 10:23 pm

trouble is I keep shooting them accidentally!! murgs dance
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 9:27 am

Hunting tigers out in Africa  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 10:23 am

Which is the more disappointing the unanswered post or the unposted question.?
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 1:34 pm

As in .. both of them can present a mystery .... that's deep catgate, very deep.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 1:47 pm

AlanHo wrote:
I would respond if sags hugged me....unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 Kissin10

I would prefer her to donate a pork chop or two.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 2:19 pm

catgate wrote:
Which is the more disappointing the unanswered post or the unposted question.?

Hmm!.. I'd have to ponder on that for a long time. Time that could have been spent answering an unanswered post.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 3:12 pm

think of it this way perhaps - one of our dear and welcomed members makes a post " this is like saying Hi everyone good to see you all again what do you think about this?" and guess what we all just stand there and look elsewhere and no one makes a comment - pretty rude I would say particularly to one of our members who we have originally welcomed into the club??

Mind you I could have got this wrong - what do uz all fink?? blowkiss
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 3:38 pm

I fink that there is no rule that we have to comment on every post that members make. It would be possible to spend several hours a day on here if we did that,and most of us have lives away from our computers. There is no point in making comments on threads that are of no interest to us. For example I never get involved these days with forum games,I no longer have the time,I have to do a lot more since !Er indoors had a bad back. No offence,but that is my opinion

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 5:20 pm

I post the same pictures, jokes and general stuff on 4 forums each time.

On one forum which is very lively - a post will receive several replies and often sponsors a stream of off-topic humour from numerous members

On another forum the same post will be viewed by up to 40 members without a single reply. On the other two forums which includes this one I usually get a response from one or two members but quite a few viewings.

I am happy to see the posts viewed and appreciate a response - but I am not dissuaded from continuing to post because I know that people are looking at them even when they don't respond. They are not being rude but are enjoying the moment on their own.

Hence I understand what you are saying Davo - but can also empathise with andsomes argument.

Hence I am absolutely certain and quite sure that I am ambivalent regarding which is best.

To post or not to post. That is the question

Whether t’is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of the lack of responses

Or to take umbrage against a sea of being ignored, and by opposing, end them

To withdraw, to post no more, and by such sleep to say we end the heartache

and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to. T’is a consummation devoutly to be wished.

To withdraw, to sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there’s the rub.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle

Last edited by AlanHo on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   unanswered posts!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

unanswered posts!!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next